Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.3

362 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions
    • Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
      3 5

print :
      1 5
        View Answers (6)

Software Engineer Interview

First I got a phone interview, where I was asked a few background questions like previous experience. After this, I received an email for an on-site interview. After a brief tour of the campus in Palo Alto, I was brought to a room where a Senior Software Engineer interviewed me. I was asked a number of simple questions, and then one complex coding question.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Referred by a friend.The recruiter responds quickly. First the recruiter needs to know more about me and introduces the job. Then planned a phone screen for me. One coding question. Two days later I was informed I am invited for a full loop. The onsite includes four rounds. Two Coding, one system design and one Jedi. Great experience

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Met the recruiter at a career fair, dropped off my resume, and was contacted for an on campus tech interview. Interviewed with a Russian guy with a really heavy accent and I could NOT understand much of what he was saying. He also got impatient with me and basically wrote the answer on the board after 1-2 minutes of watching me struggle. Not a very helpful or nurturing interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • you have a longggg list of words, return a list of distinct words along with the count of how many occurred using only 16gb of memory   View Answer

Software Engineering Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after the Facebook NY Hackathon. She set up one technical phone interview, if I passed there would be another technical phone interview. After those two they would make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Write running code to print out the level order traversal of a binary tree   View Answers (3)

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

I applied through an employee referral. I soon got a 45 minute on-campus interview with an engineer. We jumped right in to technical questions. I was asked one whiteboard coding question (with some follow up questions on ways to break the algorithm, runtime, edge cases), and another easy whiteboard coding question (the fact that it was easier was not a good sign).

Interview Questions
    • The question I got was not a difficult question, but whiteboarding the code was where I messed up. It was: how do you find the lowest common ancestor of two nodes in a binary tree.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in October 2014.

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. Phone interview set up one week after contact.
    Interviewer contacts you on day of interview and send you a link for an online document editor.
    Interview lasted 45 mins.
    The interviewer started off by asking me what my most interesting project is that I have worked on. This took less than 5 mins.
    Then the interviewer gives you the rest of the time to solve a programming problem.
    The last 5 mins or the remaining time you can ask the interviewer questions.

The question was fair. Not a brain teaser. Interviewer was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Given a matrix, calculate the sum of a sub matrix given the start and end indices of the submatrix   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

One of my friends refers me. Then, I appeared one screening interviews.
    Interviews with algorithm, data structure.
    No behaviour question.
    No additional question, just coding.
    After coding, will ask you how to improve the performance, or do you have another way to implement it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me and set up a phone interview. The interviewer over the phone was slightly ambiguous and lead me in the wrong directions. However, I think the goal was to really analyze your thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Straight out of cracking the coding interview.
      Reverse a doubly linked list
        Answer Question