Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014

3.3

356 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview starting with introducing yourself followed by two code questions.
The first coding question is very standard coding question and the second one is
a little more related to facebook's certain functionality

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

A phone interview, simply ask some question about resume and then ask coding question. They sent a link to you and use the link to coding. Just one question, the question is typed by them in the link.

Interview Questions
    • Print a binary tree by vertical level order

2 4
      3 5

print :
      1 5
        View Answers (5)

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Met the recruiter at a career fair, dropped off my resume, and was contacted for an on campus tech interview. Interviewed with a Russian guy with a really heavy accent and I could NOT understand much of what he was saying. He also got impatient with me and basically wrote the answer on the board after 1-2 minutes of watching me struggle. Not a very helpful or nurturing interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • you have a longggg list of words, return a list of distinct words along with the count of how many occurred using only 16gb of memory   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Referred by a friend.The recruiter responds quickly. First the recruiter needs to know more about me and introduces the job. Then planned a phone screen for me. One coding question. Two days later I was informed I am invited for a full loop. The onsite includes four rounds. Two Coding, one system design and one Jedi. Great experience

Software Engineering Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after the Facebook NY Hackathon. She set up one technical phone interview, if I passed there would be another technical phone interview. After those two they would make a hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • Write running code to print out the level order traversal of a binary tree   View Answers (3)

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

One of my friends refers me. Then, I appeared one screening interviews.
    Interviews with algorithm, data structure.
    No behaviour question.
    No additional question, just coding.
    After coding, will ask you how to improve the performance, or do you have another way to implement it.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Applied online, recruiter reached out to me and set up a phone interview. The interviewer over the phone was slightly ambiguous and lead me in the wrong directions. However, I think the goal was to really analyze your thinking process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Straight out of cracking the coding interview.
      Reverse a doubly linked list
        Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Applied online and got phone interview after that. they asked me only questions at that time and no behavior questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in September 2014.

Got interview through recruiter.
    Had a phone screening soon after, and then was told that I was being considered for an initial technical phone interview.
    Question: Something about 2D arrays.

I felt like I was a bit slow, although I did finish the interview with about 20 minutes left over. (Was originally given 45 minutes)

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything. The question was pretty easy, I think I just answered it badly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. He set up a call with the relevant FB department.I was not looking actively for a job, so was little under prepared. The interviewer was nice and came across as a knowledgeable hands-on person. Provided a shared hackpad to do the white boarding process.

Interview Questions
    • Was not expecting a simple heap search algorithm implementation.   Answer Question