Facebook

Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.3

405 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Got contacted through college. 2 technical phone rounds..both coding. questions were moderate to tough then onsite

Interview Questions
  • given a set of integers, return a set of all such integers that sum upto a given value x   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Facebook.

Recruiter outreach for interview. Online interview via collabedit for coding. Normally they ask 3 questions, but I couldn't get past the first one.

My suggestion: gather all the questions here on glassdoor and just practice the questions. Interviwer was friendly. They didn't ask any questions about datastructures or anything, but maybe that's because I didn't get past the first question.

Interview Questions
    • Design a simple regex parser. They give you a simple language grammar, something like matching patterns agains + or *. But nothing too complicated.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Facebook.

Facebook hires software engineers from all around the world. One can apply in their website . Sometimes they invite people for interview too. First phase is the phone interview phase. Normally 2-3 phone interviews take place, where the interviewee is asked to code in a shared document. Some other questions are also asked. If pleased from the performance, facebook will call the applicant for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are given an array of integers. Find all the combinations of the numbers of the array, that sum to another number(might be different for different combination) from the array.
      One property of the array: The maximum number of the array will not be much greater than the others.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Facebook.

I submitted my resume online and a recruiter got back to me about 6 months later. We set up a phone interview and the guy who interviewed me seemed like he wasn't very interested and certainly wasn't very engaging. He asked me to print all the subsets of a set, but I did it in a way that he didn't think was very good or optimized, so I didn't get past that interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted resume online. I think it said there were so many people who apply that I could a multi-hour programming challenge online and if it was successful I'd get a phone screen call. Reviewing the sample problem, it might have been an NP-Hard problem or at least one that would require several hundred lines of mind-breaking code. I program all day for a living and even off hours for other projects. Resumes should qualify one for a phone screen. I submitted just that and got a canned rejection email a couple days later, presumably for not doing the quiz.

Interview Questions
    • An operation "swap" means removing an element from the array and appending it at the back of the same array. Find the minimum number of "swaps" needed to sort that array.

Eg :- 3124
      Output: 2 (3124->1243->1234)

How to do it less than O(n^2) ?

View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I had a single phone interview and the interviewer was almost an hour late. He mentioned that he forgot about the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview for a summer internship
    The process is really fast - it takes two consecutive days to take the interviews and you get the result within twenty four hours
    Interviewers are friendly and try to relax the candidate
    Usually there are no knowledge-based questions, and you can choose your preferred language

Software Engineer Interview

Had a typical phone screen. The phone screen questions were in-line with the phone screen questions outlined on the site. Was brought on-site for an in person interview. The on-site interview questions were again coding questions. I don't think they were too difficult. I didn't get an offer. I believe I did not solve the coding problems quickly enough.

Interview Questions
    • Implement the code to display the nodes of a binary tree in order [i.e. level by level].   View Answers (2)

on campus, phone interview, on site, and followed by 4 interview, and a test

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook.

Phone: 3 rounds
    On-site: several rounds
    Culture: profession

Problems are neither hard nor tricky.

The biggest challenge is Offensive Chinese Interviewer.

If they show disregard of your question about the interview problem, don't be frustrated, keep asking what you want to know. If you give up asking, you may lose some important information that you should check with them at first. And when they are picky about your code, or when they indicate that there are bugs in your code, check it carefully, fix as much as you can. And then try to let them discuss the remaining bugs, even if you can't find any more, and no matter how dictatorial they are. Don't end up arguing with them on whether it's really a bug.