Facebook Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

341 interviews

3.3

341 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

A recruiter set up a short chat and ask some behaviour questions, and bad things happen. She ask me some cliche questions like "why facebook" and I give my answer by talking about the technology fb using, which she didn't understand. I guess she expect me to be a fan of social network but my topic is always technology. Finally she ask if I am talking with other company. I give her a name of a company. But she never heard that. Hey, that's a middle size company in bay area just ipo 2yrs ago. She just can't understand what I am talking in the phone call. Not even one. Got rejection few days later.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in November 2013.

Interviewed in November 2013. Initially contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. Entire process took around 3 or 4 weeks. Two initial interviews followed by an onsite interview. The initial interviews went well, but I failed onsite I believe. The company is very chill overall; they had a keg in one of the rooms when I visited.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to do a presentation on a specific topic for the entire team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Facebook in April 2014.

Was referred by an employee working at Facebook. Was paired with a HR guy who facilitated the process via email. Did a phone interview with an engineer about a week after first contact. Did the technical interview and was told I would get a decision within the week. Didn't get a response after trying to follow up so I took it as a no.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was pretty straightforward. The technical question had something to do with rearranging letters in a word, can't remember the details anymore.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2013.

employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR. employee referral, contacted by HR, phone interview, normal interview question, no reply for 2 weeks, contacted HR.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Facebook.

Started with a quick phone call from a recruiter at facebook. He was very nice and polite but not technical. Questions were related to past experience but I felt as though it was more just a quick fit check before moving to a more technical interview.

Next step was a call with a Senior Engineer. The phone call was about one hour in which the you will be quized about elementary data structures and algs.

Interview Questions
    • Create an iterator to traverse a binary tree. When the next function is called on the binary tree return the value at the next node as if you are doing an inorder traversal of the tree. Restrictions: Nodes do not have pointers to their parent node and you can't use recursion.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in May 2014.

Phone interview: create an algorithm to check if two strings differ by one character.
    On site interview: 4 consecutive interviews (1 personal, 2 technical, 1 architecture).

personal - count 1 bits in UINT
    architecture - some design with Redis/Memchached
    technical 1 - Contact lists merge (data structure question)
    technical 2 - Simple regex matching

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

1 phone interview : merge sorted list, maximum path in tree
    3 round onsite : Regular expression, strStr, anagram, split sentence into words, talk about projects
    1 extra phone interview after onsite : talk about projects, count and say
    All the questions can be found in leetcode

Interview Questions
    • Regular expression and strStr. I was not able to give KMP algorithm to strStr   View Answers (5)

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook.

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter and send me an invitation to solve the programming puzzle online. After it, I received the mail from recruiter and set up a technical phone interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter in early 2014. I was set up with an engineer for a phone interview. The first few questions were about my resume, simple stuff about projects I've worked on and prior experience. Then I was asked two technical questions, one about recursion and one about trees. I fully solved and optimized the tree problem but struggled a bit with the recursive problem. Overall it wasn't too difficult but make sure you prepare well before going in!

Interview Questions
    • A recursive problem involving how many combinations you can make out of a set of numbers. Know your data structures, the problem used both hash tables and lists.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in February 2013.

Quick hiring process - first interview is all technical. It will be all on algorithms and memory complexity.