Facebook

Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.3

405 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

The process starts with me sending an resume to them. Someone send me an e-mail inviting me to an interview over internet, we met and was just about my past, and check what I wrote at my resume. After this I had the second one, whit another person, the main was to fill me up about what were my possibilities and possible work places. After I had the technical one, they really say that you must be prepared. I did not believe that it was difficult, actually I did answer it correctly, I believe that what is trick it`s the way that you answer or how fast your get it how god it`s your code, answering it correct it`s not enough. After this I waited for a week for the answer, unfortunately I did not receive a job offer or my process continue.

Interview Questions
  • The hardest for sure it`s the technical interview, not because it`s difficult to answer but you became so nervous, and you don`t know what they expected from you, for me was the hardest.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Software Engineer Interview

Got a call for technical phone interview based on a referral. I don't see a point of answering/posting the coding question. You have to be really a good coder to hear back from them.

Write a code to find the maximum and minimum number in an array. Now can you improve the code to use minimum number of comparison operaton. Less than n was the objective.

Interview Questions
    • Getting maximum and minimun number was not difficult but getting less than n comparison was tricky.   View Answers (8)

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in August 2013.

1st round was the apti round it was the part of facebook campus drive to our campus . I was shorlisted for interview. Then I went to hyderabad for interview and interviewer asked me two coding questions and that's it.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty u will facebook to get in facebook is 1st round itself because u r supposed to code 3 question in 90 minutes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in July 2013.

Application was via an internal referral from a friend who used to work at a start-up I was at. He put me in their system and around 4 days later, a recruiter called for first contact.

The recruiter was quick to assess what I have done and decide to bring me straight in for a 1h30 min interview the next week. In this session I got a quick "hi" from the recruiter and then two 30 min slots, one on architecture and design (so called pirate interview) and the other on coding (ninja). Of the 2, I stormed the coding question but met with an interviewer in the pirate side that had tailored a question from his previous experience in the area I had recently worked in and it didn't work out (mostly as I knew more about the topic and the interviewer wanted to talk about a specific trick he knew). Still, I got called back the next week for a full day.

Lunch, more coding, culture interviews etc... Coding and design were knockouts again, the softer skills were less successful. I think the key here is that you need to present a confident, well rehearsed personality with answers for the usual questions (biggest mistake etc...). DO NOT talk about mistakes and then admit you don't know the root cause for them, even if they were true mysteries. Pick another example!!!

The process took ~4 weeks, the end dragging out by 2 weeks as it seems they could not decide if it was a hire or not. I had multiple offers by this time and had to take one that was expiring and too good to miss. Later I found that there was no hire decision and felt ok about it - I would probably think about going back at some point, but with a stronger prep in the softer skill Q+A side.

Interview Questions
    • If you go through the career cup questions, all 3 of my questions were on there. One of them I only had 15 mins to answer (the most difficult one) due to over running.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Facebook.

I had interviewed for a number of positions (full time and intern) before, and was never successful until this, my final chance. Luckily, things went in my favor and I was offered a full-time position.

My recruiter was quick and very responsive over email. I already had an offer with another company at the time, and thus, my recruiter was able to expedite me through the already quick interview process. I had one coding challenge to be turned in whenever it was completed, a non-technical interview over the phone, and two on-site interviews. My first on-site interview was an interview with my recruiter plus a technical interview. My second on-site was a series of four technical interviews.

All in all, I was very pleased with the sincerity and speed my recruiter put in and of course, being given an offer made was the cherry on top :).

Interview Questions
    • Expect typical software engineering coding questions on the more difficult side of the spectrum. Nothing easy like "reverse this array", but don't be afraid to ask questions during the interview and thinking out loud is encouraged.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Facebook in January 2013.

Phone interview at first, then a coding exercise. If you are chosen after the coding exercise, you will have a chance to attend the bootcamp in Facebook headquarter in Palo Alto.

Interview Questions
    • The coding exercise is tough if you are not prepared. They frequently give questions on data structure, coding algorithm. You need to practise to get the best answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

Initial phone conversation with facebook recruiter of about 20 mins, going over my background and experience as well as what I was looking for.
    Set up a phone interview with a shared screen coding question, was suggested 2 weeks to prepare.
    Had I passed this stage, would go into London for an all day interview.

Interview Questions
    • Find lowest common ancestor (LCA).   View Answers (4)
    • Given two unsorted arrays, one with event start times and one with end times, find out if any two events overlap.   View Answers (5)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook.

The whole interview took a long time, but the final result was positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2013.

I originally applied online and spoke with one recruiter. She did not feel I was a good fit for the team she was recruiting for but referred me to another recruiter at Facebook. I spoke with the second recruiter on the phone and she set a technical interview on-site in Menlo Park. The guy who interviewed me was very nice and while I didn't do a great job on the question, they liked me enough to schedule a full day of interviews.

After some preparation, I came onsite for a full-day of technical interviews with a lunch break in the middle. The pace was very fast but I knew it would be like that so I was prepared. The questions were difficult especially in the limited amount of time. Everyone was very nice. There was a design round where I was asked to design an iPhone app that was unrelated to social networking.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of people asked about my experience in writing iPhone apps and what was challenging about it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2013.

1 round hr check + 1 round phone screen + onsite

Interview Questions
    • Due to NDA, no details. But I think the most difficult one is one about dealing with streaming files. Not like normal algorithm questions, but many corner cases.   Answer Question