Facebook
www.facebook.com Menlo Park, CA 5000+ Employees

Facebook Software Engineering New Grad Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in September 2013.

Interview Details – I had an in person first round screen interview. Then I had a second round which consisted of 4 interviews. 2 coding interviews, 1 higher level designing a system interview and a personality fit+coding interview. Topics covered included, scheduling for the designing a system, fast sorting for arrays with structure, binary search, recursion and bit wise operations.

Interview Question – There was a question on longest common subsequence (dynamic programming).   View Answers (2)

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Facebook in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied online, but did not hear back after a couple weeks. Asked a friend to submit a referral and I was contacted within 24 hours. I was working up against a deadline, and they were able to set up the phone screen quickly. After the phone screen, I was notified they would like to bring me on-site.

The on-site interviews went quickly and smoothly. During one of my interviewers, I had to inform the interviewer twice in a row that I had seen the question before on an interview (which was embarrassing, but we quickly moved on to a question I hadn't seen).

After contacting my references, Facebook e-mailed me about 10 days later to let me know they were going to make an offer.

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was selected for an on-campus screening interview. The interview was pretty easy compared to other companies. After the initial ice breakers, was asked an open ended question related to area of my interest followed by 2 coding questions to be solved on a paper. Basic questions testing if you can write code and know data structures. Was informed in a couple of hours that I am selected for on-site interview.

The process to select the dates and flights, hotels was smooth. There were about 30-40 other new grad candidates and intern on the day of interview. Every new grad had just 3 coding interviews one of which was behavioral interview for checking if the candidate would be a good fit. The other two were ninja coding interviews. I had two coding questions in the behavioral round which I answered well. Two question in the first ninja round which were pretty wasy and I coded pretty quickly but messed up a basic thing in the first question. Had time for only one question in the second ninja round. This was the only tougher question in the interviews and I got the ideal answer in the end but didn't have time to finish the coding part.

I think the basic mistake in the second interview and the third interview messed up my chances. I feel the company puts importance on how fast you come up with perfect answer. That's the questions are simple. So you are expected to be quick thinking and are expected to not mess up something so simple.

There was lunch, awesome tour of campus and two tech talk after the interviews. This was one of the best interview days I had this season (I have had 4 on-site interview till now). No all day long torture of interviews and pretty awesome talks and tour giving an inside view of the company. Would interview again if given a chance!

Interview Question – I would not give the actual questions given the NDA I signed.   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

Interview Details – First a phone screen, then 3 onsite interviews, 45 minutes each
Phone screen - Print a tree, level by level. Write all solutions for a^3+b^3 = c^3 + d^3, where a, b, c, d lie between [0, 10^5]
On site - 1. Print a list in reverse 2. Stress interview 3. Maximum profit for buying selling a stock given an array of prices for n days. Isomorphic trees

Interview Question – Isomorphic trees   View Answers (3)

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook Software Engineering New Grad interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.