Facebook Technical Sourcer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and received an email from the recruiter about a month later. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiter that I would be supporting, then an onsite interview with two other recruiters on the team and the recruiting manager. I got a good sense of what the role would entail and also got a tour of the campus, which is absolutely unbelievable. I left with a clear sense of what the next steps would be, and received an offer within several days, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate for a bit more base salary. The bonus and equity were set.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Scored the interview through a contact on a LinkedIn Alumni Group. I first had a phone screening. I went through my contacts to connect me with someone that worked at Facebook to ask for questions they might ask. They told me to make sure to take about their metrics. The person that scored me the interview told me that it wasn't needed. However when I got to the actual interview it was asked. I was then called for an in-person interview. I met with three different people who were going to be instructors for the sourcing bootcamp. Two of them were very approachable and friendly. The third person was very intimidating and asked very hard questions. It is better to over prepare! They said that it would take a week to hear about but they didn't, so it took a long time to figure out that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• What platform does Facebook use?   1 Answer

Technical Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Interview

2 Phone screens - 1 with recruiter for recruiters and 1 with a recruiter on the recruiting team I was interviewing for; on-site interview with 2 additional team members and 1 engineer for the engineering team I would be sourcing for

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: What sets you apart from the other people I'm interviewing?   Answer Question
    • Why Facebook? What's the hardest position you have sourced - how did you get it done? What do you like about sourcing? Tell me about the avenues you have used to source people? How do you handle prioritizing your work?   Answer Question

Technical Sourcer Interview

Interview

The interviewers are all very genuine and friendly, which made the process enjoyable! I was first contacted by phone for an interview and then brought onsite to meet with a couple more people from the same recruiting team. Since I interviewed during the afternoon, I also got free lunch at one of the cafes. The food was delicious and kept my energy up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone call and a 5 hour onsite

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of success? Can you define LAMP? What is SQL?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was very well-oiled machine, with regular two way communication flow. 1 recruiter screen, straight to onsite within a week with 4 additional interviews and another follow-up phone screen. Everyone was professional but friendly, punctual and they asked relevant questions. They felt more like a conversation than an interview.