Facebook

Average Difficulty
49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
13 questions:
9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
1 open ended basic SQL question.
1 open ended normalization question.
1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – A 30 mins written test, containing 2 essay questions. 400 words minimum

Interview Question – Try you best to type as fast as possible.   Answer Question

Analyst, User Operations Interview

Analyst, User Operations
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

Interview Details – started with an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, then an onsite with 5 1:1 interviews, each taking 20-30 minutes

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quick and lasted about 3 weeks. On campus interview, then on site interview at HQ. On site interview started with a tour then sometime to mingle with employees. At the time I didn't realize but the mingling was an informal interview. After lunch, we were placed in a room and 3 different people rotated to interview all of us. Mostly the same questions over and over. It was long. Questions sometimes were poorly worded or unclear. Interview processed seemed to be a lot about how you would fit in to the culture in addition to identifying if you have the right skills.

Interview Question – Tough questions about opportunities with the product and how to improve user experience.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – I applied online via Facebook and received an email from a recruiter two or three days later. First interview was via the phone with a recruiter and was pretty relaxed. She asked about some of my experience specific to the position and also had me walk through some resume highlights. She then talked about the position I applied for as well as another she thought might be a good fit and asked about my general interests as it related to those positions. Overall, the interview lasted about 30 minutes. She said she'd pass me onto a phone interview with a team member.

Phone interview with the team member was a fairly straightforward behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes.

The original recruiter contacted me and said they wanted to invite me in-person. It sounded like there was some internal reshuffling/reorganization and they ended up cancelling the in-person interview.

Overall, my interviewers were fairly friendly and didn't ask any hardball questions. Interviews were fairly relaxed and felt more like conversations.

Interview Question – Name a time you creatively resolved conflict.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – I had three different phone interviews in addition to the on-site and the online timed writing task. They want to make sure you are a good fit for Facebook. It's also a great opportunity for you to make sure Facebook is a good fit for you. All-in-all, it was a smooth process and my recruiter was awesome. My advice: prep yourself for the interviews (e.g. come up with answers to possible questions, scenarios, etc.)!

Interview Question – I don't think I can answer this due to the NDA, but be prepared for team and personality questions.   Answer Question

Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2013.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Contacted by a recruiter via email shortly thereafter.

Interview Question – Rating your experience on 1-10 scale.

Which Facebook applications do you use?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job was too technical.

Interviewed at Facebook

Interview Details – On campus screen and writing sample. General questions, nothing surprising. About two weeks later a recruiter called and offered an onsite. Flew to the interview later that week and had four rounds of interviews with three analysts and a manager.

Interview Question – Had a question about team dynamics at one of my previous jobs. Having only worked part time restaurant jobs through college, this was unexpected.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred in for a position through a friend and put in touch with a recruiter. I did an initial screen with the recruiter and she had me interview with someone on the team the next day. Both were phone interviews, both lasted about 30 minutes and just covered basic background experience and interest. From there, I was invited into the office for an in-person interview - that consisted of four interviews with team leads. After that, I did one more phone interview with a director. I interviewed with a total of seven individuals individually (including the recruiter).

Everyone I interviewed with was super friendly, incredibly punctual, and the follow up was always timely and informative. The recruiter prepped me well for each round after my initial interview with her and none of the interviewers threw me any super weird curveballs. Overall, one of the more pleasant interviewing experiences I have ever had. The whole process start to finish took a little over 2.5 weeks, but I think I just happened to get in at a time when they had already scheduled and blocked times for interviews so it happened to move really quickly for me.

Interview Question – I don't believe I can disclose this due to NDA. I would recommend prepping examples for the types of interactions the role would encounter, basic examples of workplace situations, etc.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in March 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume on the Facebook website a recruiter e-mailed me and asked me to complete a timed online writing sample. The writing sample consisted of two questions. After submitting the writing sample the recruiter got back in touch with me to complete a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and consisted primarily of discussion regarding my work experience and a brief description of the position. I was asked to come in to the Austin location for an interview. I was given a brief tour of the facility and had four one-to-one interviews. The recruiter called me a week later to tell me that they would not be offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the steps you would take to set up a parking system in a city?   Answer Question
  • How would you make the user operations analyst position more effective?   Answer Question

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!