Facebook

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

3.3

User Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I applied online. The process included three interview rounds in total. It started out with online tests, which were ok. It is a benefit to prepare. Moving forward I had a two phone interviews and one interview through a video conference. The first interview was with on of the employees from HR and the questions were mostly related to competancy and my motivation for why I wanted the role and why I wanted to work for Facebook. The second interview was with someone from the user operations department. I mostly got case questions about what I would do in various situations related to the role. The last interview was with three different people, all from the user operation department, but at different levels.

Interview Questions
  • Why I wanted the position, since I have a background in Finance.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

User Operations Analyst Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation to do an online test a few days after application. The test consisted of 8 analytical multiple choice questions (sets, trend analysis, statistics, calculus), 1 multiple choice comprehension question (questions based on a given short text) and 1 essay question to be answered in the language applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2014.

I applied online through Facebook page, and they contacted me right immediately like on that day which was scary for me. I guess they embody truly the culture of moving fast. I got an e-mail with to complete some online test with 13 questions and they were on:
    13 questions:
    9 Analytical Multiple Choice Questions – focusing on sets, trend analysis, calculus, stats, etc.
    1 open ended basic SQL question.
    1 open ended normalization question.
    1 Multiple Choice English language comprehension question.
    1 open ended language question (this part should be 200 – 300 words).
    The entire online assessment test was conducted through hackerrank.com and it was for 90 min.
    Personally I did not go and complete the Quiz within couple of day. I did take my time to prepare and I was right. It is a difficult test. I did use apps like the impossible interview and the aptitude interview from iTunes app store to prepare. They were a help.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected thing was that they contact you right immediately leaving you no time to prepare, so before you apply take you're time to prepare and they apply. other than that this question was pretty difficult:

An analyst at Facebook is conducting a satisfaction survey sampling from a list of 10,000 new users. The list includes 2,500 French users, 2,500 German users, 2,500 Italian users, and 2,500 Portuguese users. The analyst select a sample of 400 users, by randomly sampling 100 users of each country. is this an example of a simple random sample?

View Answer
    It was a contract, there where no negotiations.

A 30 mins written test, containing 2 essay questions. 400 words minimum

Analyst, User Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in March 2014.

started with an initial phone screen, followed by a phone interview consisting of behavioral questions, then an onsite with 5 1:1 interviews, each taking 20-30 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

The process was quick and lasted about 3 weeks. On campus interview, then on site interview at HQ. On site interview started with a tour then sometime to mingle with employees. At the time I didn't realize but the mingling was an informal interview. After lunch, we were placed in a room and 3 different people rotated to interview all of us. Mostly the same questions over and over. It was long. Questions sometimes were poorly worded or unclear. Interview processed seemed to be a lot about how you would fit in to the culture in addition to identifying if you have the right skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tough questions about opportunities with the product and how to improve user experience.   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

Telephone interview, 4 Skype/site interview

Interview Questions
    • About future of Facebook and also the role of UO analyst   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

interviewed at Facebook in November 2013.

Took a questionnaire and then a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that Facebook have in the market?   Answer Question

User Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

First I have taken a skill. Then I have been contacted with a human resources manager, user operations manager and then 4 consecutive skype calls.

User Operations Analyst Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

I got contacted shortly after submitting my resume,
    My only negative experience was that there were no news for next result, so I had to follow-up after weeks of waiting.
    Didn't pass the screening process, but the recruiter was very friendly.