Facebook

Getting the Interview

48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Menlo Park, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2012.

Interview Details – 3 online questions - easy
phone interview - easy
another phone interview -easy
on site interview - met 4 people in 2 hours - easy to hard....

it's fun after all.

Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very casual interview. The process was done through my university and it began with a "coffee hour" the day before to meet some of the recruiters and talk a bit more about the company. The interview was very laid-back and asked basic questions about my resume and experiences. Interviewer was very friendly and I was told I didn't need to dress up, which I of course still did.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience as a club leader at your school?   View Answer

Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing with Facebook went very smoothly.

Three current employees and one manager asked a series of questions focusing on working as a team, challenges that you have overcome in the past, and what kinds of activities put you in the "zone."

Facebook interviewers are very open to letting you highlight your strengths, and how that would fit in well with the company's goals.

Interview Question – Describe a moment where you showed leadership on a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, you are able to negotiate salary, starting times, and any personal circumstances, such as taking a vacation soon after starting.

My advice is to be friendly and flexible, but do not be afraid to make a compelling case for your own interests in the negotiation process.

Austin, TX

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Facebook in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through Facebook's website. I was contacted several weeks later by a recruiter. After an initial conversation with the recruiter, I was required to complete a writing sample online. A few more weeks went by while the sample was being "reviewed." Finally, a phone interview was set up. The questions consisted largely of my experiences working on a team, what I thought I brought to teams, what to do if a team member is not participating, etc.

All in all, it was an "ok" experience.

Interview Questions

• what are your feelings about working on a team?   Answer Question
  • what would you do if a team member was not completing his or her share of the work?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in April 2011.

Interview Details – There were many steps to their interview process: interview at the university career services, an easy written test, and two on-site interviews. Be prepared for all types of behavioral questions and random ones that just test how you think (ie. if you could be any animal what would you be). In the end, it just wasn't a good fit. I liked half of the people I met, and disliked the other half.

Interview Question – What previous experience has led you to apply for this specific position?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Facebook in April 2011.

Interview Details – I met first with Facebook's recruiter at The University of Texas and was then taken to speak with a current employee of Facebook. He asked detailed questions about my resume and leadership experience and typed into his laptop. There were behavioral questions and open ended questions without definitive answers. The open ended questions can overwhelm if you are not prepared to come up with strategy. While both recruiters were kind the interview felt very exclusive. Tip: Wear Business Professional even though they interview in jeans and T-shirts.

Interview Question – Do you think that Facebook should be available to China?   Answer Question

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Facebook in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very, very chill. I went in in a suit and my interviewer had on jeans and a tshirt. There were several on campus events before the interview of which I went to one to just mingle. These were very relaxed environments and the recruiters were very willing to talk about all subjects even outside of the job/company details.

Interview Question – If you were an animal what kind would you be and why?   View Answer

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook in May 2011.

Interview Details – In the phone interview, they look for people exactly matching this position and have a lot of passion for this position.

Interview Questions

• Writing test:
    1 Describe a feature of facebook that you like most.
      View Answer
  • In the phone interview:

Question: why do you like this position?
      Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Facebook in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online on the first week of Dec 2010. A few hours later, a recruiter sent me an email response with a link to a writing test. I passed the test because the same recruiter emailed back and requested a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to work at FB. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a few days later but it was moved to the first week of Jan 2011 because some of the staff members were on vacation.

On the day of the interview, the recruiter said that I was going to be interviewed by 5 people instead of 4! It wasn't any big deal for me because I had already prepared myself. The first interview was with 2 members who were young and started as analysts. The other 3 interviewers were mid and senior-level members. I didn't do well in one of them because the person asked really difficult questions and I had to pause and think for a minute. That person grilled me and I left the place feeling confused. The members were nice and each one told me in great detail about their job responsibilities. It was interesting hearing from each one of them on how much they enjoyed working there.

I got a general rejection email from the FB team a few days later. I felt a bit upset because for 2 weeks, I was researching about the company, website and came up with ideas on how to improve the user interaction. I even prepared my Q&As in two languages (in case they were going to test my language skills). However, I'm glad to have practiced my job interview skills with 5 people.

The position is still open. For those who want to apply, I recommend that you study all the basic FB features, the Help Center, Terms of Use, and read a lot of FB news. This entry-level position requires candidates to be above and beyond. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Facebook?   Answer Question
  • A "what would you do in this situation" question. (I can't give any more details since I signed their NDA)   Answer Question

Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Facebook in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for one of the foreign language analyst positions that were open. After receiving my resume, a recruiter contacted me within 2 days and gave me a link to an online writing test. I had to respond to questions both in English and my foreign language, and translate into my foreign language. I'm not a native speaker of my non-English language, so that's probably why I didn't make it any farther. They were very polite, though, and responded quickly, which is amazing if you're on the hunt. After some further investigation (I know people who work for them), it turns out that only people with really top-notch (and I mean absolute number one) language skills were being considered, whereas I was probably middle-ground. I would still really like to work for them someday, what a great company.

Interview Question – Translate the following text into the foreign language you wish to support. Be sure to write it in a tone that would be appropriate for customer service.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook