Facebook

Updated Jan 4, 2015
Updated Jan 4, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in February 2012.

The only reason the entire process took 3 months was because I was abroad at the time I started communicating with FB about the role. They were prompt throughout the whole process. I received a call about a week after submitting my resume (via an FB recruiter). The process consisted of an initial phone interview, followed by a writing sample test, and 2 more phone interviews. Since I was not in the US at the beginning of the process, I did one Skype interview and was flown out to Austin when I got back to have 4 more interviews at the office. My last interview was on a Thursday and I received a call on the following Tuesday. Rather than just saying "sorry can't offer you a position," the recruiter actually explained which questions indicated to the team that there might not be a match.

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2012.

3 online questions - easy
    phone interview - easy
    another phone interview -easy
    on site interview - met 4 people in 2 hours - easy to hard....

it's fun after all.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Facebook in October 2011.

Very, very chill. I went in in a suit and my interviewer had on jeans and a tshirt. There were several on campus events before the interview of which I went to one to just mingle. These were very relaxed environments and the recruiters were very willing to talk about all subjects even outside of the job/company details.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal what kind would you be and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook in October 2011.

Very casual interview. The process was done through my university and it began with a "coffee hour" the day before to meet some of the recruiters and talk a bit more about the company. The interview was very laid-back and asked basic questions about my resume and experiences. Interviewer was very friendly and I was told I didn't need to dress up, which I of course still did.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience as a club leader at your school?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook in May 2011.

In the phone interview, they look for people exactly matching this position and have a lot of passion for this position.

Interview Questions
    • Writing test:
      1 Describe a feature of facebook that you like most.

View Answer
    • In the phone interview:

Question: why do you like this position?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Facebook in April 2011.

I met first with Facebook's recruiter at The University of Texas and was then taken to speak with a current employee of Facebook. He asked detailed questions about my resume and leadership experience and typed into his laptop. There were behavioral questions and open ended questions without definitive answers. The open ended questions can overwhelm if you are not prepared to come up with strategy. While both recruiters were kind the interview felt very exclusive. Tip: Wear Business Professional even though they interview in jeans and T-shirts.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think that Facebook should be available to China?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in April 2011.

There were many steps to their interview process: interview at the university career services, an easy written test, and two on-site interviews. Be prepared for all types of behavioral questions and random ones that just test how you think (ie. if you could be any animal what would you be). In the end, it just wasn't a good fit. I liked half of the people I met, and disliked the other half.

Interview Questions
    • What previous experience has led you to apply for this specific position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in March 2011.

I applied online through Facebook's website. I was contacted several weeks later by a recruiter. After an initial conversation with the recruiter, I was required to complete a writing sample online. A few more weeks went by while the sample was being "reviewed." Finally, a phone interview was set up. The questions consisted largely of my experiences working on a team, what I thought I brought to teams, what to do if a team member is not participating, etc.

All in all, it was an "ok" experience.

Interview Questions
    • what are your feelings about working on a team?   Answer Question
    • what would you do if a team member was not completing his or her share of the work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Facebook in January 2011.

I submitted my resume online on the first week of Dec 2010. A few hours later, a recruiter sent me an email response with a link to a writing test. I passed the test because the same recruiter emailed back and requested a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and asked general questions about my background and why I wanted to work at FB. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a few days later but it was moved to the first week of Jan 2011 because some of the staff members were on vacation.

On the day of the interview, the recruiter said that I was going to be interviewed by 5 people instead of 4! It wasn't any big deal for me because I had already prepared myself. The first interview was with 2 members who were young and started as analysts. The other 3 interviewers were mid and senior-level members. I didn't do well in one of them because the person asked really difficult questions and I had to pause and think for a minute. That person grilled me and I left the place feeling confused. The members were nice and each one told me in great detail about their job responsibilities. It was interesting hearing from each one of them on how much they enjoyed working there.

I got a general rejection email from the FB team a few days later. I felt a bit upset because for 2 weeks, I was researching about the company, website and came up with ideas on how to improve the user interaction. I even prepared my Q&As in two languages (in case they were going to test my language skills). However, I'm glad to have practiced my job interview skills with 5 people.

The position is still open. For those who want to apply, I recommend that you study all the basic FB features, the Help Center, Terms of Use, and read a lot of FB news. This entry-level position requires candidates to be above and beyond. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Facebook?   Answer Question
    • A "what would you do in this situation" question. (I can't give any more details since I signed their NDA)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Facebook in December 2010.

Interviewing with Facebook went very smoothly.

Three current employees and one manager asked a series of questions focusing on working as a team, challenges that you have overcome in the past, and what kinds of activities put you in the "zone."

Facebook interviewers are very open to letting you highlight your strengths, and how that would fit in well with the company's goals.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a moment where you showed leadership on a team.   Answer Question
    Yes, you are able to negotiate salary, starting times, and any personal circumstances, such as taking a vacation soon after starting.

My advice is to be friendly and flexible, but do not be afraid to make a compelling case for your own interests in the negotiation process.