Facebook

Facebook User Operations Team Lead Interview Questions

4.0

Team Lead - User Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

I interviewed for a team lead role in their growing Austin, TX office thanks to a referral from a current employee in that office. I was surprised when the call came from their San Francisco recruiting team, even more so that the recruiter didn't realize I was in Austin, recruiting for an Austin role.

Upon starting the interview, it was very evident the recruiter was young and inexperienced given his questions and his reactions. I've interviewed a lot lately, and felt as if I was talking to a wall. This might have happened because my technical knowledge and experience seemed to be over his head, and he was probably just reading from a script. e.g. "Tell me about yourself and why you applied" .... then right into the next question, "Have you ever led a team" .... next question "Tell me a time when you solved a problem". It was rather frustrating because my resume clearly stated that I had managed multiple teams (up to 100 people) over the years.

Afterwards, he said he was excited to pass my resume on to the actual team I'd be working with and then get back to me about the next step. When I didn't hear in a week, I followed up, and then followed up after three weeks - no response, ever. It's safe to say they weren't interested, but given that it took them almost two months to call me up after I submitted my referred resume, and never got back to me afterwards, I'd say it's best to just pass these guys up. They are moving too fast for their own good.

Interview Questions
  • Very typical phone screen - not one abnormal question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Facebook

User Operations Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Facebook.

One phone interview with a recruiter, then a second with the hiring manager. Next round i did four additional interviews onsite, and a group interview with the team to be led. The last four interviews were almost entirely made of consulting type questions. Despite the fact that the position would manage 8-12 people, i was never asked about my experience leading teams, or my experience at all really. I was disappointed that i didnt have the opportunity to talk more about applicable skills

Interview Questions