Facebook

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Lead - User Operations Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Facebook in October 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a team lead role in their growing Austin, TX office thanks to a referral from a current employee in that office. I was surprised when the call came from their San Francisco recruiting team, even more so that the recruiter didn't realize I was in Austin, recruiting for an Austin role.

Upon starting the interview, it was very evident the recruiter was young and inexperienced given his questions and his reactions. I've interviewed a lot lately, and felt as if I was talking to a wall. This might have happened because my technical knowledge and experience seemed to be over his head, and he was probably just reading from a script. e.g. "Tell me about yourself and why you applied" .... then right into the next question, "Have you ever led a team" .... next question "Tell me a time when you solved a problem". It was rather frustrating because my resume clearly stated that I had managed multiple teams (up to 100 people) over the years.

Afterwards, he said he was excited to pass my resume on to the actual team I'd be working with and then get back to me about the next step. When I didn't hear in a week, I followed up, and then followed up after three weeks - no response, ever. It's safe to say they weren't interested, but given that it took them almost two months to call me up after I submitted my referred resume, and never got back to me afterwards, I'd say it's best to just pass these guys up. They are moving too fast for their own good.

Interview Question – Very typical phone screen - not one abnormal question.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

User Operations Team Lead Interview

User Operations Team Lead
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Facebook.

Interview Details – One phone interview with a recruiter, then a second with the hiring manager. Next round i did four additional interviews onsite, and a group interview with the team to be led. The last four interviews were almost entirely made of consulting type questions. Despite the fact that the position would manage 8-12 people, i was never asked about my experience leading teams, or my experience at all really. I was disappointed that i didnt have the opportunity to talk more about applicable skills

Interview Question – How would you design a parking system?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Facebook

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Facebook User Operations Team Lead interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Facebook employees and interview candidates.