FactSet Interview Questions in Bridgeport, CT

Updated Jul 2, 2015

3.2

Personnel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Got a call. Got phone screened. Face-to-face interview. Never heard from them again. Plain and simple.

I went to interview and they seemed very impressed. During the interview I was asked about my current experience which happened to be prior experience. I thought it was odd and asked them which resume they had. Turns out the recruiter provided the hiring team the wrong version of my resume as I had applied to the company a couple of years ago. My old resume must have still been attached to my profile in their ATS. Basically, the recruiter didn't know. Regardless, I followed up with the recruiter once a week for about three weeks and never heard from them again. I did not even receive a rejection email or a status.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The process was very laid back and friendly, which reflects the overall atmosphere here. My first phone interview was with someone from HR and then heard back about a week later to have another interview scheduled with a Consulting Manager on the phone and eventually a Senior Consultant in person. The process was very quick and I always heard back within a reasonable amount of time. Everyone was extremely nice throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• If you got this job and someone asked you what FactSet does and what you will be doing there, what would you tell them?   Answer Question
    • Explain a leadership and/or mentoring experience you've had and what you learned from it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

First they will ask for you to send sample code, and that will mostly dictate how your interview will go. They mostly work in C++, but they are fine with Java if you understand your OOD concepts.

Interview Questions

• If you have a sorted array that is initialized with size 100, the values stored would be for example 1, 2, 3,.... ect. Describe an algorithm that would check if there is a duplicate number and if so return it.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college. First there will be a technical interview. Interviewer will go over your resume quickly and ask you a technical question. May require pseudo code implementation details over the phone. After this you will be called for an onsite for a full day interview. The day starts with 3 technical rounds. First, is a code review, then a design question. Third is an algorithms round. After that you have HR round followed by Hiring Manager/Director round. Results are informed within a week.

Interview Questions

• Technical Phone - Design a calculator that parses calculations given in string (use infix to postfix using stacks)
      Onsite:
      First : Code Review (C++ implementation of Linked List with missing code and or errors. Identify those and suggest improvements)
      Second: Design (any) game of your choice. (Use Object Oriented Programming concepts for classes)
      Third: Create auto-complete suggestions for user input string. (I used trie)
      Fourth: HR -talk about your preferred role and responsibilities
      Fifth: Director - Discuss resume and a problem in high level details (no coding)

Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

I was initially screened with a pleasant, roughly 30 minute phone call then invited to their Norwalk campus for a day of interviewing. The entire process was incredibly easy, and they arranged for both a rental vehicle and a hotel room for the trip. The interviewing process was long, but didn't seem overly difficult. Technical questions abounded throughout the first half, varying in detail and complexity. Know basic algorithms, data structures, and uses for each. Be able to apply both to data, and explain the implementation at various levels.

Interview Questions

• Design and describe an OO version of Tetris: Rotation, collision, etc.
      Reverse a linked list.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

I applied online, and shortly after an HR manager called me to schedule a phone interview. I prepared heavily for the phone interview, however, she never called. After taking 2 business days to respond to my email about the "mix up," she rescheduled my interview for the following day. Two hours before our rescheduled interview, she asked to reschedule the interview for the following day. The next day, I waited for her phone call, which ended up never coming. Not that she was aware, but I was actually on a road trip and pulled over for a half hour waiting for her to call. Honestly, I was blown away by how inconsiderate she was of my time, by not calling not once, but twice. Four business days later, she reached out to reschedule AGAIN. By then, I was extremely turned off by the company and had reached out to a supervisor (I'm sure that reflected poorly on me, but I was beyond frustrated). I actually received a call for the third scheduled interview (2 weeks after the original one I had scheduled), but by a different woman. The questions were standard; know the company, know the position, just do your research. I ended up not even making it past the phone interview, which given my resume/interview answers, probably had something to do with my frustration with them. Kind of ridiculous and a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, "Explain what FactSet does," "What traits do you have that would benefit this position"   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through career fair at school. I was asked to come to the Norwalk offices for a 3 hour long interview process. Very laid-back interview with 6 different employees, 30 minutes each. Mostly asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness that is not actually a strength?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews: 1 on the phone, 1 in person at their office in Connecticut. They weren't particularly hard, but watch out for the triangle class one. They normally ask you what language you prefer before giving you several pages of code to review. For me, they simply gave me 5 pages of C++ code and had me go at it. I don't know C++, and never implied that I did. I do know C, so I was able to figure it out eventually, but of the 15 minutes they gave me to read the code, a good chunk of it was spent trying to make sense of a lot of the functions and other features of the language that I was not aware of.

Interview Questions

• Triangle class, various data structure questions (of which the solution was primarily hash tables), and a design question where I had to interpret equations   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Start with on campus recruiting and job fair. The next step was phone interview. The manager was very nice. It was all about past working experience. The onsite was two weeks after the phone interview at their headquarter with five different people, four technical and one HR. The questions itself was not that hard but they asked very detail question. Mostly database and Linux questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of Linux command question (especially Redhat) and database questions   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Screening phone interview with HR, initial in-person interview with hiring manager group 1 but was not given an offer, initial call interview with hiring manager group 2, and round two in-person interviews with hiring manager group 2 and two colleagues each individually.

Everyone was friendly and asked standard questions about my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate but the company would not submit a new offer.