FactSet

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

I submitted my resume and received an email asking to do a phone interview a short while later. The woman that I interviewed with was rather soft-spoken. Being soft-spoken myself, it was a struggle for us to really get the ball rolling regarding our conversation, and I felt that that really dragged down the atmosphere.

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in February 2015.

I applied through campus recruitment and got an interview within 2 weeks. The interviewer asked behavioral questions, why you are interested, how did you hear about FactSet, explain a certain technology or system to a young child, and one brainteaser question.

My interviewer appears to be only serious and not that fun to hang out with...

Interview Questions
    • What is the degree of the angle between the two clock legs when the time is 3:15?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in January 2015.

I originally talked with a college recruiter at a career fair then received a phone call the next week for an interview. The interview consisted of four 30 minute interviews with different Consultants. One interview was about myself and why I would be a good fit for FactSet. Another interview consisted of a test with Excel. My third interview was focused on how I have reacted in certain situations. The fourth interview involved questions related to stocks, balance sheets, and FactSet itself. At the end there was a group "puzzle" with the three other candidates interviewing where we all had to work together to solve a problem.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you did something nice for someone?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in January 2015.

Submitted my resume through online portal, received email for phone interview about a week after. Talked to recruiter on the phone - pretty standard questions - why FactSet, are you proud of your GPA, why finance - basic questions. Was then moved on to the next round in the New York Office...Interviewed with 4 Consulting Managers that day and then went out to lunch with 2 consultants.

Overall, I thought it was a good experience but I was extremely disappointed with my final interview with one of the consulting managers. The interviewer asked me a brain teaser - How many golfballs fit in this room and I was not only caught off guard, but she failed to ask any of the other candidates the same question as well. This position is not a true consulting position like at a McKinsey or Bain, you are basically a big part of the customer support at FactSet so I am unclear why she thought that question was relevant.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

I applied online, and shortly after an HR manager called me to schedule a phone interview. I prepared heavily for the phone interview, however, she never called. After taking 2 business days to respond to my email about the "mix up," she rescheduled my interview for the following day. Two hours before our rescheduled interview, she asked to reschedule the interview for the following day. The next day, I waited for her phone call, which ended up never coming. Not that she was aware, but I was actually on a road trip and pulled over for a half hour waiting for her to call. Honestly, I was blown away by how inconsiderate she was of my time, by not calling not once, but twice. Four business days later, she reached out to reschedule AGAIN. By then, I was extremely turned off by the company and had reached out to a supervisor (I'm sure that reflected poorly on me, but I was beyond frustrated). I actually received a call for the third scheduled interview (2 weeks after the original one I had scheduled), but by a different woman. The questions were standard; know the company, know the position, just do your research. I ended up not even making it past the phone interview, which given my resume/interview answers, probably had something to do with my frustration with them. Kind of ridiculous and a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, "Explain what FactSet does," "What traits do you have that would benefit this position"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Recruited through LinkedIn, went to campus career fair to submit resume. Then had on campus interview, short easy basic behavioral questions. Why FactSet, why you chose major/college. Then invited for onsite interview. Started with short overview of FactSet workstation, then 4 30 minute behavioral style interviews. Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral, one brainteaser/logic question. Then 30 minute review with group logic puzzle. Finally lunch with two consultants. Everyone seemed to really want to know you and understand why you want to work there and why they should hire you. Personalities seemed collaborative and great.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you have had to overcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - great package

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

I interviewed with Factset on campus for their entry level consulting position. The interview process was pretty strait forward, I got an email from them to set up a time to come and do a one-on-one interview and had the actually interview the next week. The woman I interviewed with was nice, but didn't seem overly interested in what I was saying. He questions were very bland and really didn't give me a chance to expand on a lot of my experiences in and out of school. She really didn't throw any curve-ball questions in either, everything was really just about my resume, job experiences and things in the news.

Overall the interview was pleasant, but It seemed my person was uninterested with what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Are you happy with you current GPA? I wasn't sure if this was a trick question, so I was unsure how to answer it at first.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Applied through my university career center. I had a first round interview on campus which was purely behavioral. We talked about my experiences and more about the company and what the role of a consultant involves. I got a final round in the Boston office which will be four behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Easiest first round interview I have had so far.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Consultant Interview

They reached out to me via email encouraging me to speak with them at the career fair at my college. I did, and I was told to apply on the college job board. I was invited for an on-campus interview that consisted of all behavioral questions. I was emailed three days later, in which they declined to give me a second-round interview.

Interview Questions
    • FactSet's products are in investment banks, hedge funds, and other financial institutions. Why do you want to work for the company that sells the software as opposed to the company that uses it?   Answer Question