FactSet

Getting the Interview

133 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Interview Details – 4 behavioral style interview. One interview had an excel test and different question depending on how you rated yourself with proficiency to excel.

Interview Question – Not really anything too difficult   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview Details – On campus first round, heard back a few hours later that they wanted me to come into New York for a final round. 4 interviews with managers and then lunch with two current consultants. Nothing too difficult, one excel problem which was pretty easy for someone with an excel background.

Interview Question – Nothing too technical. One excel problem with if-statements, and a few basic finance problems. "What is a stock?" Really nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – I was initially interviewed on campus and then asked if I would be willing to fly out to San Francisco for a final interview. It was a pretty grueling process, with four back to back 30 minute interviews. Each interview covered a different area and there was an Excel test that you are required to do. After the four interviews, you have to do a group interview where you problem solve with the other people being interviewed and they watch how you work together. After that you are sent to lunch with some recent hires and you get to ask them questions and see what they do/don't like about working at FactSet.

Interview Question – The Excel test is difficult and is very nerve racking. The interviewer watches you try to solve as many questions as you can in three minutes.   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – Best interview process I've been through. Went to information session at my college, then was invited to interview on campus. Very straightforward interview with behavioral questions and company questions. Next was invited on site in Norwalk for final round interviews. Went through 5 interviews all very casual and straightforward. Make sure to do your research and have good questions for these interviews to show your interest in the company.

Interview Question – How proficient with Excel are you? Then turned around the monitor and had me facilitate finding certain criteria in a spreadsheet
What stock would you sell me right now and why?
Tell me about news related to finance
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – Applied through the career services website at my college and got a half hour first round interview. This one is pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions and stuff about your background/interests/career aspirations.

I received a call a few days later informing me that I got a second round interview in Chicago. They take you out to dinner the night before so you can ask questions to some current consultants at the company. The "super day" of interviews was definitely pretty tough. They start off by doing a quick demo of the product, then there are 4 interviews all in a row, which are about 45 minutes each. They were pretty intense- lots of questions you'll never expect but they want to make sure you are quick on your feet and don't get flustered. A lot of questions about your background, why you want to work there, what makes you better than other candidates, etc.

Interview Question – What's the biggest sacrifice you've ever had to make? (not hard, but definitely threw me off)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FactSet in June 2010.

Interview Details – Quick process - if they hire, they will get back to you quickly. Interview is 5 interviews with different Consulting managers and then lunch with a current Consultant. The main thing they look for are people skills.

Interview Question – No difficult/unexpected questions - most were just converstional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negoations - they have a set starting salary for all incoming Consultants.

San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – Applied through on campus recruiting process. I was contacted about a week later via email to schedule a half hour interview at the school's career center.
The interviewer was awkward and didn't seem too interested in interviewing candidates. All questions were behavioral, although there were only 2 or 3 questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person/group and how you went about compromising?   Answer Question

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – Applied through campus, got a call within a week or 2

Interview Question – Was asked to do some work in Excel   Answer Question

Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewed at the Norwalk, CT headquarters. One 30 minute pre-screening call with HR and then they flew me to the office. Very low key and laid back. Typical behavioral interview questions. There were 5 30 minute interviews with a number of consultants and directors, followed by lunch with 2 of the younger consultants and the other people interviewing that day.

Interview Question – At one point, they asked about excel skills and turned around the monitor and asked you to compute the value of the S&P 500.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – Recruiters came to our university, got their contact information and I shot them an email. Then I applied online and got a call the next day asking if I would be willing to fly down to San Francisco for an interview! I wasn't terribly excited about this interview process anyways because after reading reviews I knew this was NOT the type of job I wanted. This is NOT a consultant job and after hearing more about the job during the interviews I've basically determined that you're just customer support.

Interview process started at 9 AM, kicked off with an initial meeting and then 4 half hour interviews with 4 other consultants/senior consultants. Extremely easy interview questions. Behavioral only. We ended early at about 12 since there was only two people interviewing, so then they take you off to lunch with two other consultants who just got hired on. If you honestly want to work here, you better make sure you understand lunch is always an interview. I was so bored out of my mind from the morning interviews, knowing I didn't want to work there that I didn't even try talking much during lunch.

Interview Question – What is something you don't want me to know about you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FactSet

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FactSet Consultant interview questions and advice. All 133 interview reviews posted anonymously by FactSet employees and interview candidates.