FactSet

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.9

154 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

I applied online, and shortly after an HR manager called me to schedule a phone interview. I prepared heavily for the phone interview, however, she never called. After taking 2 business days to respond to my email about the "mix up," she rescheduled my interview for the following day. Two hours before our rescheduled interview, she asked to reschedule the interview for the following day. The next day, I waited for her phone call, which ended up never coming. Not that she was aware, but I was actually on a road trip and pulled over for a half hour waiting for her to call. Honestly, I was blown away by how inconsiderate she was of my time, by not calling not once, but twice. Four business days later, she reached out to reschedule AGAIN. By then, I was extremely turned off by the company and had reached out to a supervisor (I'm sure that reflected poorly on me, but I was beyond frustrated). I actually received a call for the third scheduled interview (2 weeks after the original one I had scheduled), but by a different woman. The questions were standard; know the company, know the position, just do your research. I ended up not even making it past the phone interview, which given my resume/interview answers, probably had something to do with my frustration with them. Kind of ridiculous and a total waste of my time.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult, "Explain what FactSet does," "What traits do you have that would benefit this position"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Recruited through LinkedIn, went to campus career fair to submit resume. Then had on campus interview, short easy basic behavioral questions. Why FactSet, why you chose major/college. Then invited for onsite interview. Started with short overview of FactSet workstation, then 4 30 minute behavioral style interviews. Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral, one brainteaser/logic question. Then 30 minute review with group logic puzzle. Finally lunch with two consultants. Everyone seemed to really want to know you and understand why you want to work there and why they should hire you. Personalities seemed collaborative and great.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest challenge you have had to overcome?   Answer Question
    No negotiation - great package

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storrs, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

I interviewed with Factset on campus for their entry level consulting position. The interview process was pretty strait forward, I got an email from them to set up a time to come and do a one-on-one interview and had the actually interview the next week. The woman I interviewed with was nice, but didn't seem overly interested in what I was saying. He questions were very bland and really didn't give me a chance to expand on a lot of my experiences in and out of school. She really didn't throw any curve-ball questions in either, everything was really just about my resume, job experiences and things in the news.

Overall the interview was pleasant, but It seemed my person was uninterested with what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Are you happy with you current GPA? I wasn't sure if this was a trick question, so I was unsure how to answer it at first.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Applied through my university career center. I had a first round interview on campus which was purely behavioral. We talked about my experiences and more about the company and what the role of a consultant involves. I got a final round in the Boston office which will be four behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions. Easiest first round interview I have had so far.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

They reached out to me via email encouraging me to speak with them at the career fair at my college. I did, and I was told to apply on the college job board. I was invited for an on-campus interview that consisted of all behavioral questions. I was emailed three days later, in which they declined to give me a second-round interview.

Interview Questions
    • FactSet's products are in investment banks, hedge funds, and other financial institutions. Why do you want to work for the company that sells the software as opposed to the company that uses it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

Set up a phone interview and the recruiter who called sounded very tired and listless. She seemed like she was going through the motions but had already decided I wasn't going to get the position, so I don't know why she called. She explained the position a little and how there was a training program before getting hired full-time, etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very standard, such as "what was your GPA?" "what kind of work environment are you looking for?" "what are your strengths/weaknesses?". No brain teasers   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FactSet.

Was referred by a friend inside the company. After being referred, I promptly received a phone call to discuss my general experience. Next I was flown out to my city of choice. In person interview consisted of 4 15-minute question sessions with employees. Many of the questions were redundant. Mostly personality and experienced based. One brain-teaser and one excel problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet.

They either face-to-face interview or phone interview. With me, I sent an email directly to recruiting because I was promised an interview, and applying through the website did me no good. The next day, they scheduled a phone interview for me.

If you're accepted into the next round, the fly you to where you want to work, and you interview with managers and have a dinner with Consultants.

With my experience, I missed the July hires round, so it was for September. The entire time, I felt as if the interviewer's mind was already made up about me (the interview just seemed like a formality, so that one of the Recruiters would fulfill her promise). They never asked me what I saw in MY future, why I wanted to work at FactSet, what I'd bring to the table, and what made me different. Instead, the interviewer stuck with the typical "name a difficult time..." or "name a time you worked on a team," that kind of stuff. I still really, truly believe that FactSet and I were perfect fits for each other, and I didn't get the opportunity to show that.

All the recruiters sounded REALLY nice, but, like it, unfortunately, seems like with most jobs, you really have to know someone.

She seemed like she just wanted to get over with the interview, so I asked her for a timeline, and it was then I knew I didn't get it (the old "we need to talk amongst ourselves and come to a decision" trick. Didn't even ask which city I wanted to be stationed at until I brought it up). Got a lot of "yeah"s and "uh-huh"s and "of course"s from her, but the entire "conversational" thing she didn't seem into. I've gotten ejected from firms where the interviewers sounded MUCH more interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to work with a difficult person/people and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Best interview process I've been through. Went to information session at my college, then was invited to interview on campus. Very straightforward interview with behavioral questions and company questions. Next was invited on site in Norwalk for final round interviews. Went through 5 interviews all very casual and straightforward. Make sure to do your research and have good questions for these interviews to show your interest in the company.

Interview Questions
    • How proficient with Excel are you? Then turned around the monitor and had me facilitate finding certain criteria in a spreadsheet
      What stock would you sell me right now and why?
      Tell me about news related to finance

View Answer