FactSet

Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Consultant Interview

The interview process is not hard. It is an on campus interview. There are some general questions about your resume and then they ask if you have relative experience. They introduce what they do and what kind of training program they will provide to you. It is about a 20 minutes interview.

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in July 2014.

Initial stage - Online tests: I was given a numerical test, an excel test (basic; know how to use vlookup, conditional formatting etc), and a financial knowledge test (all calculation questions have formulae provided, but you should know things like index and exchange locations)

Face to face interview: Basic questions about why factset, why finance etc, along with some financial competency questions (difference between IB/IM, how would a portfolio manager use our software)

Interview Questions
    • What company indicators would someone in M&A look for in our software when looking to make an acquisition? How would a buy side trader use our software compared to sell side?   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

They took me to written test that had easy excel and basic finance question. However, it might be a little difficult if one hasn't taken any finance courses.

3 test
    Maths
    Finance
    Excel

Interview Questions
    • Maths test- Just general calculations nothing special
      Finance test- Some random questions, but a broad idea and knowledge of the financial world is of help..
      Excel test- basic Excel sorting and so on, VLOOKUPS AND PIVOT TABLES

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in March 2013.

Once you submit the CV and cover letter and get through the 3 test (financial, numerical and excel) which are pretty easy compared to the other tests. Then theres the assessment centre, where you have a group exercise which is just prioritising a list of tasks and then what they call a micro teach, you are told to prepare in advance something to teach (non-finance related - the simpler the better for 10 minutes. Lastly theres the final interview which is with two consultant managers. Questions were pretty standard: why this particular industry? where else have you applied? questions on your CV? where would you invest your money right now? what finance topic interests you at the moment? who are the competitors - how does FactSet differ? The interviewers were very nice but do ask a lot of questions so know why you want to work there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet in October 2012.

After submitted my application online, I received the 1st assessment day consists of an interview with a HR and the three tests. The HR told me there is going to a group discussion, panel interview and a 10 mins micro-tech session. Hope I can get through it!!!

Interview Questions
    • Question includes How did you know FactSet? How did you find your last job? Why a role in an IT firm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

interviewed at FactSet in September 2012.

Interview With HR + 3 Tests.
    HR Interview:
    Pretty basic, nothing technical.
    Questions on CV, competency based, and, motivation for the job.

Tests:
    Finance - As I am from a non finance background I found this the most difficult but still pretty easy . Just brush up on your financial terms
    Maths test - Algebra based
    Excel Test -
    The test are not difficult at all, you will have more than enough time to finish them all

Financial Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in November 2011.

FactSet contacted me less than a week after I sent cv+cover by email to apply for the graduate position.
    They proposed me a date and time asking me a confirmation of mobile and underlining that the phone interview would be about my motivations to work for FactSet.
    Since I am not a native English speaker, I was worried about listening skills but I did not understand only one question about financial situation that I replied with a general answer.
    Besides that, the interviewer was careful about my real knowledge about the activity of FactSet, their competitors, products and the role of consultant in the company.
    No technical questions, only one question about the financial crisis

Interview Questions
    • Could you give me an example to demonstrate your communicative skills or dedication to the customer/person?   View Answer

Financial Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Got an invite from HR Manager for assesment day.
    Very quick and easy tests in excel, finance and maths.

Then interview where tthere was a HR rep and a Consultant. It was a laid back interview where they went through my CV, about the role, company and skills.

Interview Questions
    • None really. What skills do you think the role needs maybe.   Answer Question