FactSet

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – I met a guy at college career fair and gave him my resume. He asked about what coursed did I take about fixed income and what I knew. He was interested when I told him I studied some short rate models and taking a course about CDS. Then he wanted to know my C++ skills and my knowledge about STL in particular. At the end he told me they would set up another phone interview with me. But I never heard from them.

Interview Question – Explain some short rate models.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – The interview includes all the elements covered in a Financial Engineering course. Most of the questions are based on BS Eqn., Bonds & C++ .
My experience with most of the interviewers was good except one, where the interviewer was not very articulate about her questions and was asking questions on mortgages without describing the nature of the contracts and she was also rude at times. But I enjoyed interviewing with other managers, they didn't just asked you questions but also had a good discussion on it. I did well, but I got a reject. They are very choosy for this position as its a very small department.

Interview Question – You don't really need to prepare anything, if you are a passionate Quant and enjoyed FE course.   Answer Question

Financial Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FactSet in September 2013.

Interview Details – questions related to bonds, interest rate model, options, how to price options, and some conceptual C++ question.

Interview Question – i didn't expect the detailed conceptual c++ question. i really need to go over c++ later.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in April 2013.

Interview Details – Initial Interview(fixed income and modeling knowledge), second-round phone interview(again, fixed income knowledge and C++ foundation), five hour on-site interview. On-site interview contains one-to-one and two-to-one panel interview. Questions cover from fixed income mathematics, interest rate modeling, BS theory, C++ debug, data structure tests; in addition, senior people will take you out for a great lunch.

Interview Question – Some data structure tests such as efficiency of sorting algorithm and how to recognize a loop;   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, package is good for fresh graduate

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – Phone interview, only technical question and fixed income questions.

Interview Question – Price a binomial option and C++question about hash map   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FactSet in August 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with questions on bonds, fixed income, derivatives. Onsite interview was 6-7 people, questions varying from MBS, callable, putable bonds, duration, binomial/trinomial trees then programming, logic questions. Array comparison. People were friendly and giving ideas/inputs whenever was stuck on a questions

Interview Question – multiple choice technical problems on mbs, mortgage cash flow, duration, efficient frontier   Answer Question

Financial Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at FactSet in February 2011.

Interview Details – Step 1: Got interviewed by sr. financial engr at campus event - couple of questions on bonds

Step 2: 30 min phone interview consisting usual personality Qs and couple of questions again related to fixed income products, with more weight on MBSs

Step 3: called for a whole-day interview consisting of 6-7 1:1 interviews with financial engineers, software engineers and product managers (in no specific order). Range of questions asked from options, bonds, MBS, interest rates, default probabilities, academic projects, C++.

Interview Question – Implication of N(d1) and N(d2) from Black Scholes   View Answers (2)

Financial Engineering Interview

Financial Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at FactSet in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was like the final examination of a college class that you don't really remember taking. And it was all oral. 5 interviewers several hours, an experience I won't forget. However, they did fly me out there, arrange for a car to take me to the airport and pay for lunch. I call it even.

Interview Questions

Financial Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at FactSet in June 2010.

Interview Details – Had a telephonic interview for the FE position. I was asked loads of finance questions spanning the length and breadth of Equity and Fixed income basics. Was also asked programming questions since programming is an integral part in the role of a Financial engineer. The interview well and I have been asked to wait for a few days for the answer after which I will be called to their office for a second round.

Interview Questions

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!