FactSet

Updated Jan 17, 2015
Updated Jan 17, 2015

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

1. Online application which included answering some questions and submitting your CV
2. Online test (Finance, Numerical). Numerical was very easy. Finance was easy, but you had to know some financial terms and the names of some stock exchanges and indices.
3. Interview & Excel Test. Interview was pretty easy and conversational. Asked me to describe what Factset does, who were their customers, etc. Also asked about my CV and experiences. Excel test also easy, but I did not know some basic stuff. You should know: freeze panes, vlookup, average & sum & standard deviation formulas, if conditioning to color code some cells.

Interview Questions
  • The interview was easy and the questions were mainly those that are already discussed in this forum. But the interviewer also asked what kind of company information and what sort of companies do Investment Bankers look at for M&A.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in January 2015.

I applied online. Aplication form is very similar to other companies: answering some questions, information about your education, work experience, if any, etc. After I passed the tests (Finance, Numerical) I was invited to an interview and in-house excel test the following week.With e-mail I was also sent SJT which needed to be compelted and send them back. The interview was average, easy for me as I did some research and was perpared for almost every question.

Interview Questions
    • all questions were not difficult or unexpected at all, like why consultancy, describe th econsultant's day responsibilities, what are the company's clients, what a difference in information are needed for IB and IM.....   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

I applied by submitting the application form, I was then invited to a Google chat interview. The questions varied between competency based and technical questions about the role. In addition to the the standard competency and motivation questions, make sure you have researched the company, what they do and their competitors and be prepared to discuss the role thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions if you go through the previous posts here
      - what is the difference between IM and IB
      - How do these use our software differently

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

After the online application was given 5 working days to complete an online numerical and finance test - I did my degree in Economics and Finance so didn't find the finance test too bad, but preparation is strongly recommended for the finance test if from any other discipline. Once I passed these I was invited to an interview and in-house excel test the following week. I was also given a situational judgement test for me to complete and send back to them at this stage. The interview was average in difficulty, easy if you research. I had researched the question on here before so was prepared for almost every question. This included the difference between investment banking and management (another guy who took the interview on the same day as me didn't expect this), who fact set's clients are, what kind of problems consultants offer clients, their competitors and what makes them different, my experiences with customer experience, customer complaints, where else I have applied and a situational judgement type question.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of problems would consultant help an investment manager with and how would they solve them?   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Numerical and Excel-based test and Interview about the CV. They try to make sure that you are 100% informed about the role you applied for.
    Make sure you know how to explain all you previous internships and/or job experiences and show how you have acquired essential skills that are in line with the job you're applying for.
    Be informed about the company and its competitors as they will ask you questions about that.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the difference between the buy side and the sell side   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Filled in online application
    Got sent request to do online test - consisted of numerical test and financial test ( basic, you could have googled the answers whilst doing the test)
    Got a response in 2 weeks and invited for face-to-face interview
    After interview - had to do excel test,not sure how this went. I thought it went okay- I shall ask for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had researched, i found the following questions easy to answer:
      What do you think FactSet does?
      Who are our competitors?
      How would someone use FactSet?

Unexpected questions
       Who else have you applied to? (I answered truthfully by mentioning PwC and credit Suisse - i don't know how the interviewer took this)

Another question which threw me off was: How did you hear about FactSet? I answered by saying the came to a career fair at my university- which was true. she then went on to ask me who was teh representative and I said I had forgotten their name. (Again, don't know how the interview took this)

These were the only 2 questions in the interview I struggled with

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet.

Online Application, 3 Online Tests (Maths, Simple Excel functions, Finance Multiple Choice) Face-Face interview (Quick, to get a feel for who you are), Assessment Centre (In-Depth Interview with Senior Staff, Group Assessments and MicroTeach Presentation), Offer

Interview Questions
    • If not from a finance background, study Investment Banking and Investment Management, and the differences, and what Factset could do for both of them differently.   Answer Question

Graduate Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

Applied online, took 1 month and passed me to another program which is more suitable for me. Online testing, easy, and then email informing 1 to 1 interview the next day after I finished the test. I was also asked to retake the excel test.

Interview Questions
    • why FactSet, why this position, difference between FactSet and Bloomberg   Answer Question
    • difference between investment banking and investment management, difference between FactSet and Bloomberg, how do You evaluate a company   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Applied through Email, did the first round "Numeracy Excel and Finance Knowledge" test; not difficult questions just make sure you read the questions and bring a proper calculator with you. As to the excel questions, make sure you know how to =vlookup and conditional formatting; use help in excel if you do not know how to do anything.

Graduate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

The written test (math / finance / excel) was a breeze. Following that, I had a whirlwind process where I interviewed with 5+ senior staff; also had to do a brief presentation. As I had prior experience, most of the questions were centred around my motivations and why I wanted to work at the firm. One can expect a lot of behavioural / fit-based questions and can be thrown unrealistic / bizarre hypothetical situations. You have to be convincing enough for them to reckon that you aren't a flight risk! Expect stuff around your inclination to hop across to the client side and don't sound ambitious.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. A little bit of focus perhaps around the business environment, the competitors, the target markets and the product; these should be easy to crack with some research.   Answer Question