FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

- Phone Interview: Pretty easy questions like what do you know about FactSet. What news providers do you read? - In person interview: You meet with about 5 different people who work at FactSet. All asking you the same questions that are listed on Glassdoor. If you do your research and be prepared you will do great.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Simple phone screen. In-person interview. I met with 3 different groups of engineers that asked questions. Had to write answers on a whiteboard. They took me to lunch. The people are pretty friendly, but mostly fresh out of school with no other professional experience. I don't think they asked really valuable questions. I don't think someone knowing the difference between "private" and "protected" is a real indicator of their overall abilities.

Interview Questions

• It was basic C++ standard stuff. "Create a class with a virtual function" etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the salary that I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

Overall experience was great! Had 5 interviews then lunch and two 5 minute quizzes. The interviewers were extremely friendly and seemed genuinely interested in learning more about your background and why you are a great fit for the job. There weren't any difficult questions asked if you had prepared by going through the previous questions listed on glassdoor. I recommend reviewing basic functions in excel (if statements, vlookups, pivot tables) before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school? Why did you choose your major? Tell me about news going on in the financial world What stock would you recommend investing in? Why FactSet? What do you know about FactSet? Why consulting? If someone asked you what FactSet does and what your job is there, what would you tell them? Who are FactSet's competitors? What do you like to do in your free time? Tell me about a time you broke the rules for a good reason What qualities do you think a consultant should have? What would your last manager say about you? What news providers do you follow?   Answer Question

Personnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

Got a call. Got phone screened. Face-to-face interview. Never heard from them again. Plain and simple. I went to interview and they seemed very impressed. During the interview I was asked about my current experience which happened to be prior experience. I thought it was odd and asked them which resume they had. Turns out the recruiter provided the hiring team the wrong version of my resume as I had applied to the company a couple of years ago. My old resume must have still been attached to my profile in their ATS. Basically, the recruiter didn't know. Regardless, I followed up with the recruiter once a week for about three weeks and never heard from them again. I did not even receive a rejection email or a status.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet in June 2015.

Interview

I have a family member who works for the company. They referred me for the position and I got a call from a recruiter who then set up a phone interview during the next week.

Interview Questions

• What has your job search been like? Why did you choose your school?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Youngstown, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable and professional. Applied. Got called for an interview about 2 weeks later. Got offered the job within two days after their interviews were over. Do your research about this field before going to the interview. They don't expect experts, but you should know a little about the current economy.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds.technical phone round(30minutes), HR telephonic(30minutes), In-person interview (Around 2 hours). Was little nervous for telephonic rounds but had a pleasant experience for OnSite experience. I was taken straight to conference room with a team member and a lead on phone call.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Round What are types of recovery in sql server What kind of backup plan will you suggest for a data warehouse environment. What kind of experience you have with Business Intelligence How do you apply and validate patches and service packs HR Telephonic: How did you hear about us Do you know what FactSet does What was your experience working in a team Have you ever worked with Remote teams why you are looking for a new job What is your experience in your current job In Person Interview : On site interview mostly was like a discussion and they were trying to relate if my experience can add a value to their problems they are dealing currently.Few questions like how do i validate data for duplicates, experience in documenting processes, oracle to sql server migration,BI Tools etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on site. Nice people, and they get back to you very quickly. Came in and gave a presentation about the software, and then was sent to 3 different interviews where they asked personality questions and did some excel stuff.

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I just had a phone interview and it went much quicker than i am used to. Interviewer said they would let know whether i made it to the next round by the end of the week and didn't get back to me until the following week. Seems like an interesting company though.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my experience and why I'm interested in the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I got a call from someone in HR, and we talked about my classwork and school projects. A few weeks later, I got an email telling me that there were some openings, and we scheduled a technical phone interview. The phone interview was very straightforward. They asked me about basic OOP questions (ex. polymorphism, generics, access modifiers). I was notified the next day that I had passed this round and we scheduled on onsite interview. There were seven sessions: product demo, three technical interviews, HR interview, lunch, and interview with the director. Technical interview one: They gave me C++ code for a linked list, and asked me to determine the output and to suggest improvements for the code. Even though I don't know C++, I was still able to follow the code based on my Java skills. Technical interview two: Code a stack with push(), pop(), and getMin() at O(1). Technical interview three: Class diagrams for a car rental service and corresponding database tables. HR interview: We went over the previous interviews, and then there were some behavioral questions. Director interview: Array based question - no coding here, just discussed approach to solving the problem. They said that I would hear back in two weeks, but I got a call just two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) Linked List code review 2) Code a Stack 3) Design question   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate - the offer was very generous.