FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet in October 2009.

Interview

I had a 30 minute interview during which I was extensively quizzed on C++ pointers, inherited classes, and data structures. After the interview I still didn't even know what the position would do!

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a position at FactSet while completing my degree. HR reached out promptly following a college career fair, which made the process move quickly. FactSet enjoys creating an excitement and that leads to a positive perception of the corporate culture. Fresh, agile in hiring process, not too bureaucratic, and not extra phone screens. Went through one 1:1 phone screen interview, followed 10 days later by a full-day onsite interview speaking with systems engineers and engineering managers. Four 45-minute technical interviews with pairs of interviewers through the day, plus intro, interview with manager, interview with asst director, discussion with HR, and lunch. Long day. I received an offer a few days later and was given 2 weeks to reply.

Interview Questions

• List the platforms you're comfortable working on. Now, how would you compile and secure this code on [server platform you didn't list] ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

written test, vocabulary test, technical round, personal interview

QA Automation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FactSet (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 5 rounds. 1. Technical written Test, 2. JAM, 3. Technical Panel 4. Indian Managerial HR Round 5. Video Conference with Remote Managers You need to be very good at what you mention in your resume. When they say it is technical interview they would ask questions only from that area.

Interview Questions

• They asked everything about the skills I have mentioned in my resume.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Was initially contacted for a basic phone interview after a Factset client spoke to them on myself. Phone interview consisted of a basic reuse walkthrough and information about the company/position. Was then asked to attend a final interview at their Boston office. Interviewed alongside three other candidates. Rotated among 4 interviewers, roughly 30 minutes each. Questions ranged from basic to curveballs and brainteasers. Afterwards they put all of the candidates together in a board room and has us solve a group brainteaser on a whiteboard. Treated to lunch with current consultants afterwards. Was contacted via email two weeks later informing me that I was not offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Group brainteaser involving riddles about magic potions...   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Interview

technical phone interview started with general project experiences, problems faced and went on through data structures regarding time complexities. Requirement was more on web development, but was asked on data structures deeply.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vijayawāda (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (Vijayawāda (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a good Experience, they mainly focus on how you proceed solving a problem. There were various questions in the second round on the object oriented concepts of C++. One needs to be strong enough with C++ and DBMS concepts. Many questions were relating to C++. This was where I list it. I was not able to answer all the questions on C++.

Interview Questions

• How do you get all the permutations of a string?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Application + 1 hour Phone interview, 3 hours on site interview including product demo, technical screening and soft skill session. Tech part was really challenging in terms of data structure questions...

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Paper based Test - includes Comprehension (English Proficiency), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude, Data Interpretation and Finance related. Presentation on Leadership (examples on personal life situations) Interview (HR+Technical) - questions on financial markets, derivatives, resume based questions, internship based questions, situational questions based on work profile.

Interview Questions

• Looking at your profile you are not match for this work profile, justify yourself why should we hire you?   Answer Question