FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FactSet.

Set up a phone interview and the recruiter who called sounded very tired and listless. She seemed like she was going through the motions but had already decided I wasn't going to get the position, so I don't know why she called. She explained the position a little and how there was a training program before getting hired full-time, etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were very standard, such as "what was your GPA?" "what kind of work environment are you looking for?" "what are your strengths/weaknesses?". No brain teasers   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

There were two rounds of written test. The first roud was objective in that question were from ASP.Net,OOps concept and SQL. Second round was programming round in that they asked to write 5 programs

Graduate Consultant Interview

Applied through Email, did the first round "Numeracy Excel and Finance Knowledge" test; not difficult questions just make sure you read the questions and bring a proper calculator with you. As to the excel questions, make sure you know how to =vlookup and conditional formatting; use help in excel if you do not know how to do anything.

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at FactSet.

Was referred by a friend inside the company. After being referred, I promptly received a phone call to discuss my general experience. Next I was flown out to my city of choice. In person interview consisted of 4 15-minute question sessions with employees. Many of the questions were redundant. Mostly personality and experienced based. One brain-teaser and one excel problem.

Consultant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at FactSet.

I was called for a group interview with other 5 people together. We had a written test at first for approximate half hour. The test contained few multiple questions and short answer questions regarding company's background and math calculation. During the group interview, we were provided by two case-based questions, and everyone need to contribute some ideas to reach a conclusion and presented in front of few seniors.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself outside of your academic and working experiences.   Answer Question

Graduate Consultant Interview

Had a 1st round interview, which included three tests and a half hour interview with one of Factset HR members.

Questions were
    How did you here about Factset?
    What information do our software give?
    What would an investment management firm use our software for?
    What differentiates us from our competitors?
    What interests you about IT? How have you made sure you've kept upto date with IT, prove your interest?

Basically when preparing for the interview make sure you research the company thoroughly, they aren't going to ask you too much about yourself.

Good Luck!

Applied through campus, got a call within a week or 2

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in January 2014.

Brief phone call followed by meeting in a café with hiring manager and (later joining) a very competent colleague. Detailed discussion around set-up and work practices. Despite promise the hiring manager did not give feedback by phone post meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Quite telling: the interviewer in our conversation said that "for me salary was not important when deciding to join Factset". A bit later the question came: What salary would be acceptable to you?; I do not again want to make offers to people that I never hear back from again...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a referral and was contacted within a week. The representative asked me which position I would like to apply for and helped me come to the conclusion of software engineer. We set up a phone interview for the following week with a Factset software engineer. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding the second interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Company took my resume as a freshman and called me to schedule a phone interview as a junior. The process was a phone interview then they flew me to an all day on site interview.

The software they work on is pretty cool tho the work environment was very cubley and did not expect that from how the place was described to me.

Codeing,Code desing,Code review three part interview plus HR Questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!