FactSet

FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

30 minute interview that focused almost entirely on financial questions, which seemed difficult to me, coming from a non-financial background. You need to be very aware of what their products are and how they could be used by their clients. Three tests - numerical, financial and Excel-based. They aren't too hard and you've got plenty of time to complete them.

Interview Questions
    • How would investment bankers use information provided by FactSet to evaluate mergers and acquisitions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

3 rounds
    written and technical
    written based on programming question and basic aptitude and puzzles.
    puzzles are of good quality .
    focus on puzzle and logical reasoning
    technical is esy ,..... they will basically ask from project and then they will catch ur weaker side and ask questions from that.
    overall they are friendly and good environment. interview generally last for an hour or ,more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

After the online application was given 5 working days to complete an online numerical and finance test - I did my degree in Economics and Finance so didn't find the finance test too bad, but preparation is strongly recommended for the finance test if from any other discipline. Once I passed these I was invited to an interview and in-house excel test the following week. I was also given a situational judgement test for me to complete and send back to them at this stage. The interview was average in difficulty, easy if you research. I had researched the question on here before so was prepared for almost every question. This included the difference between investment banking and management (another guy who took the interview on the same day as me didn't expect this), who fact set's clients are, what kind of problems consultants offer clients, their competitors and what makes them different, my experiences with customer experience, customer complaints, where else I have applied and a situational judgement type question.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of problems would consultant help an investment manager with and how would they solve them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

We had 3 rounds .
    The first round was an easy one , i was shot with many puzzles and basic computer questions and some basic algorithms .
    Second round was a core technical one which consisted of core Dsa concepts and was then asked about NLP .
    Third round was an intense HR round , was shot on with question one after another non stop .

Interview Questions
    • How the mobile contact search is done and what data structure is used ?   View Answer

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

I applied by submitting the application form, I was then invited to a Google chat interview. The questions varied between competency based and technical questions about the role. In addition to the the standard competency and motivation questions, make sure you have researched the company, what they do and their competitors and be prepared to discuss the role thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions if you go through the previous posts here
      - what is the difference between IM and IB
      - How do these use our software differently

Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in September 2013.

The interview process included a phone interview and 2 in person interviews as well as a design test to see if you can design for charts tables and graphs - mobile and non mobile. You must have a website displaying your work to even get looked at, and its super helpful if you have any work displayed using fireworks/specctr pro.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really many difficult questions, it was all about the designs on my website.   Answer Question
    they asked for a salary range and gave me the top of the range.

Graduate Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Filled in online application
    Got sent request to do online test - consisted of numerical test and financial test ( basic, you could have googled the answers whilst doing the test)
    Got a response in 2 weeks and invited for face-to-face interview
    After interview - had to do excel test,not sure how this went. I thought it went okay- I shall ask for feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had researched, i found the following questions easy to answer:
      What do you think FactSet does?
      Who are our competitors?
      How would someone use FactSet?

Unexpected questions
       Who else have you applied to? (I answered truthfully by mentioning PwC and credit Suisse - i don't know how the interviewer took this)

Another question which threw me off was: How did you hear about FactSet? I answered by saying the came to a career fair at my university- which was true. she then went on to ask me who was teh representative and I said I had forgotten their name. (Again, don't know how the interview took this)

These were the only 2 questions in the interview I struggled with

View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Completed application form and completed online tests (numerical and finance). Both tests are really easy, not coming from a finance background i thought this part would be hard however its a walk in the park and if your stuck you can always use google!
    I was invited for a face to face interview, was faced with most of the questions that are said here, one question really put me off where she really grilled me for what part of finance i actually am interested in the most ! Interviewer was not very friendly at all, 15 minutes late and seemed she did not want to be there. Was told i would get a response by friday, had to wait until the next week to email them to finally find out i was unsuccessful. Very unprofessional interview process imo.

Interview Questions
    • If one of your clients switched to on our competitors what would your course of action be?   Answer Question

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

This position was for their "FactSet Fundamentals Technical Operations” department. I received a walk-in interview mail from Naukri.com. I had an experience of 2.3 years when I received this.
    Interview process:
    Around 50 people attended the walk-in for this position on that day. While most of them were from a B.Sc degree background, few of them were a engineering graduate. The first round was a technical written test. The question paper had 10 questions, 7 of them are choose the correct answers and 3 were to write programs.

The questions were quite simple and basic but to answer them you need to remember basic syntax of available functions in the language and the tool - QTP.

I was confident that I would clear the written test, but after 2 days I received a mail saying that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • You have to remember the various ways of declaring VBScript arrays, compile time and run time errors that may be generated in cases when you dont declare or initialize them properly, etc...   Answer Question

Investment Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FactSet in September 2014.

First a behavioral interview via the phone. Easy enough, very friendly! That's followed by an interview at their office. Met with four different interviewers - mix of consultants and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Which is the heaviest of seven marbles. You have a scale.   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate