FactSet

Average Difficulty
353 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at FactSet in January 2014.

Interview Details – Apply through career fair, got an on-campus interview the next day.

Interview Question – How to use pre-order to traverse a tree and save it in a txt file. (simple data-structure like string).And then use the file you saved to construct the original tree.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern
Norwalk, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at FactSet in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screening which was quick and was asked some simple java questions such as the differences between an interface and an abstract class....very simple stuff. We also went through some of my previous experiences from my resume.

I was flown to their Norwalk office for an on site interview. There were four rounds where the first one was a Code Review. I was given code in C and I had to search for memory leaks and other optimizations. I had a data structures round where the question was regarding linked lists. My third interviews was regarding object oriented programming and how I would design a Chess game in java. My last interview was more casual with a senior director and had some behavioral questions.

The recruiter was very prompt and made all the traveling a seamless experience

Interview Question – design a chess game in an obejct oriented fashion   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – Recruiters came to our university, got their contact information and I shot them an email. Then I applied online and got a call the next day asking if I would be willing to fly down to San Francisco for an interview! I wasn't terribly excited about this interview process anyways because after reading reviews I knew this was NOT the type of job I wanted. This is NOT a consultant job and after hearing more about the job during the interviews I've basically determined that you're just customer support.

Interview process started at 9 AM, kicked off with an initial meeting and then 4 half hour interviews with 4 other consultants/senior consultants. Extremely easy interview questions. Behavioral only. We ended early at about 12 since there was only two people interviewing, so then they take you off to lunch with two other consultants who just got hired on. If you honestly want to work here, you better make sure you understand lunch is always an interview. I was so bored out of my mind from the morning interviews, knowing I didn't want to work there that I didn't even try talking much during lunch.

Interview Question – What is something you don't want me to know about you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – I applied through a referral and was contacted within a week. The representative asked me which position I would like to apply for and helped me come to the conclusion of software engineer. We set up a phone interview for the following week with a Factset software engineer. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding the second interview.

Interview Question – General Java and algorithms questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – talked to person at career fair and got an email and phone call later

Interview Question – asked me to program the fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with the recruiter. Followed by 5 in person interviews that went over my background and why I want to be a part of FactSet. Study the company and you will be fine!

Interview Question – Logic question and brainteaser   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at FactSet in January 2014.

Interview Details – I have been through the phone interview and was asked some basic questions, why factset, some questions on my experience straight from my resume, what I think I would be doing, why I wanted to work in this field. After all the explanations and a few more questions, it takes about 30 minutes

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just have to be on your toes for some questions, like explaining the market, and also prepare for some excel questions.   Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FactSet in October 2013.

Interview Details – I had an interview because the company came to our campus. The interviews were with two people at once. Nothing too hard. Mostly background on the company. They ask what you expect a consultant to do and why you want to work for a company. They then go over your resume and ask about the various experiences listed.

Interview Question – No really difficult questions.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

Interview Details – On campus interview was basic behavioral - quick around 30 minutes. Final round interview was long - 9am-3pm. It included 4 different interviews with senior consultants who asked a variety of questions. I interviewed with 2 other prospective employees and we rotated around interviewers. At the end of the 4 interviews we went out to lunch with two newly hired consultants. This was all part of the interview process.

Interview Question – Name 4 things you think a consultant should have, rank their importance, explain how you exemplify each quality, rate your answers for each quality - A B C D.

They also asked several brain teaser questions - 8 equally weighted balls but one is slightly lighter, find the lighter ball with a balance scale and only two chances to change what is on the scale.
  View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – After several email with the recruiter, the head of the engineering department gave me a 45 mins phone interview about my background and some data structure questions. Two weeks later, the recruiter arranged me an onsite interview at Austin office. It was a whole day interview from 9 AM to 3 PM. The procedure is as follows:
1. Introduction to the FactSet software.
2. Two coding section to test skills of using C++.
3. Code review (Triangle)
4. Lunch
5. Interview with one manager (mostly about resume)
6. Phone talk with the recruiter (behavior questions)
Each section is about 45 mins to 1 hour long.

Interview Question – Code review (Triangle)   Answer Question