FactSet Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Interview

I turned in resume through career fair and they contacted me around 2 weeks later for on campus interview. The interview started with technical questions. The one question was converting complete tree to double linked list.

Interview Questions

• Questions were expectable. It was matter of how much you practice coding on a paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Storrs, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Storrs, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with Factset on campus for their entry level consulting position. The interview process was pretty strait forward, I got an email from them to set up a time to come and do a one-on-one interview and had the actually interview the next week. The woman I interviewed with was nice, but didn't seem overly interested in what I was saying. He questions were very bland and really didn't give me a chance to expand on a lot of my experiences in and out of school. She really didn't throw any curve-ball questions in either, everything was really just about my resume, job experiences and things in the news. Overall the interview was pleasant, but It seemed my person was uninterested with what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy with you current GPA? I wasn't sure if this was a trick question, so I was unsure how to answer it at first.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in November 2014.

Interview

technical phone interview started with general project experiences, problems faced and went on through data structures regarding time complexities. Requirement was more on web development, but was asked on data structures deeply.

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted through career fair at school. I was asked to come to the Norwalk offices for a 3 hour long interview process. Very laid-back interview with 6 different employees, 30 minutes each. Mostly asked questions based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness that is not actually a strength?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Met at career fair, received an email to schedule a phone interview. It was a 50/50 behavioral-technical interview. A quick data structure manipulation question, and questions about experience. Went onsite for a final round--1 code review, 2 technical interviews, and behavioral. The company is awesome, and everyone was super nice. Still waiting to hear about an offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

Applied through my university career center. I had a first round interview on campus which was purely behavioral. We talked about my experiences and more about the company and what the role of a consultant involves. I got a final round in the Boston office which will be four behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions. Easiest first round interview I have had so far.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

Interview

They reached out to me via email encouraging me to speak with them at the career fair at my college. I did, and I was told to apply on the college job board. I was invited for an on-campus interview that consisted of all behavioral questions. I was emailed three days later, in which they declined to give me a second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• FactSet's products are in investment banks, hedge funds, and other financial institutions. Why do you want to work for the company that sells the software as opposed to the company that uses it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews: 1 on the phone, 1 in person at their office in Connecticut. They weren't particularly hard, but watch out for the triangle class one. They normally ask you what language you prefer before giving you several pages of code to review. For me, they simply gave me 5 pages of C++ code and had me go at it. I don't know C++, and never implied that I did. I do know C, so I was able to figure it out eventually, but of the 15 minutes they gave me to read the code, a good chunk of it was spent trying to make sense of a lot of the functions and other features of the language that I was not aware of.

Interview Questions

• Triangle class, various data structure questions (of which the solution was primarily hash tables), and a design question where I had to interpret equations   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Norwalk, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Start with on campus recruiting and job fair. The next step was phone interview. The manager was very nice. It was all about past working experience. The onsite was two weeks after the phone interview at their headquarter with five different people, four technical and one HR. The questions itself was not that hard but they asked very detail question. Mostly database and Linux questions.

Interview Questions

• Lots of Linux command question (especially Redhat) and database questions   Answer Question