FactSet

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

Applied through the career services website at my college and got a half hour first round interview. This one is pretty basic, mostly behavioral questions and stuff about your background/interests/career aspirations.

I received a call a few days later informing me that I got a second round interview in Chicago. They take you out to dinner the night before so you can ask questions to some current consultants at the company. The "super day" of interviews was definitely pretty tough. They start off by doing a quick demo of the product, then there are 4 interviews all in a row, which are about 45 minutes each. They were pretty intense- lots of questions you'll never expect but they want to make sure you are quick on your feet and don't get flustered. A lot of questions about your background, why you want to work there, what makes you better than other candidates, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What's the biggest sacrifice you've ever had to make? (not hard, but definitely threw me off)   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

3 round technical question. just some general technical data structure question. oo design and sql.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

4 behavioral style interview. One interview had an excel test and different question depending on how you rated yourself with proficiency to excel.

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Originally started through campus recruiting. Initial interview was for Consultant, eventually was moved over to Product Development interview. Interview was at the corporate headquarters in Norwalk, Ct. Interviewed with 6 different members of PD team for about 45min-1hr each. Questions asked ranged from general i.e. "Do you have any coding experience" to general finance "What are some processes for company valuation, and how would you go about them" along with specific questions in excel.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite excel function (answered nested if or pivot tables). Okay, now make either in this spreadsheet.   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation, was told similar situation form other entry level positions in PD.

Associate Content Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

I got an interview via referral. The interview took place in Norwalk, CT. I had five door-to-door interviews. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral and walk through the resume. One interviewer was more interested in finance related questions. And, it was basic finance questions, nothing too difficult. Overall, I really enjoyed the interview process as all of them were pretty relaxed and fun to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in March 2014.

Phone interview then onsite interview. The phone interview was really easy. Anyone who has basic understanding of data structure and OOP can finish it. Then I went to the HQ to take the onsite interview. The onsite interview is not difficult for sure. But I didn't do well in the final round lunch interview with the manager about some behavior questions. He is about 50 years old. We don't have many common topics.

Interview Questions
    • Basic data structure and algorithm. SQL schema design. Some low-level details of Java.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at FactSet.

The phone interview consisted of basic questions about various data structures and their run time requirements. You may also have to do some coding through an online shared document.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too difficult. Just be familiar with your data structures.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

First contact was an email from HR wanting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was technical with 4 to 6 people online, it was hard to tell. In person is an all day event, it goes from 9am to around 2pm, there are 4 technically 5 interviews including HR. All interviews less the HR interview are technical, know your material. They love probing questions, I personally do not like them, nor see the value in them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

A round of technical phone interview with 2 coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • Medium difficulty level, one was about strings, and the next question was about linked list.   Answer Question

Applied through campus, got a call within a week or 2