FactSet Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on site. Nice people, and they get back to you very quickly. Came in and gave a presentation about the software, and then was sent to 3 different interviews where they asked personality questions and did some excel stuff.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process has taken over 4 months for me at this point and still no decision made. The progression goes as follows: phone screening interview ->1st round interview with potential boss -> 2nd round interview with higher up / team meeting. Great company, but it's unfortunate that I've put off other offers having expected to hear back by now.

Interview Questions

• They asked various behavioral questions that you might expect in different interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, then an in person interview in their New York office. The interview consisted of 4 interviews, of which two were one on one and two were two on one interviews. They asked to walk them through my resume, there were some behavioral questions, as well as some brain teasers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online (with a referral). Had an initial phone screen with HR who was friendly and asked about my background, what I understood about what FactSet did, how I follow the markets, and discussed a bit about my educational background. Was invited in to interview at the offices in NYC; consisted of a short demo of the software, 5 interviews (3 were 2:1, one with an HR manager, and one 1:1), and then taken out to lunch with two younger Consultants and the rest of the candidates. Expect your standard questions such as Why FS? Explain this position to someone on the street, how do follow the markets, behavioral questions, etc. As for technical, I was asked to rate myself 1-10 and then had a corresponding excel problem to do in front of my interviewers (I suggest rating yourself on the conservative side), I had the brainteaser involving measuring 4 gallons with a 5 and 3 gallon jug, figure out which ball is heaviest out of 8 using a scale twice, and then was asked to determine 40% of 18,000 with no calculator. AWAITING DECISION**

Interview Questions

• What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given and who gave it to you? Who is someone who admire in the business world? Pitch me your favorite app. Pitch me your favorite restaurant. Explain excel to a grandparent. Explain FactSet to someone on the street. Explain the stock market to a 5 year old.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

one phone interview, once it done they will contact your if you are good for an on site interview, one on site interview, it is whole day interview, technical question in the morning, other interview in the afternoon. Lunch is provide.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview on campus with an info session the night before. Then a visit to the company offices where there was a dinner for all interviewing candidates in the evening. Then next morning, interviewed with 4 members of the team. All very positive about the company and the role. Was told they would make a decision in the next 2-3 weeks, but they called the following day to make the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I first applied through my university's career website. I received an e-mail from a recruiter to set up an initial phone interview. It was a purely behavioral interview. I received an e-mail the following week or so and was asked to set-up an onsite interview. It consisted of 4 45-minute interviews and a lunch with two consultants and three other candidates. I was supposed to hear back either way 1 to 2 weeks after but still haven't heard and its been a little over 2 weeks.

Investment Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

First a behavioral interview via the phone. Easy enough, very friendly! That's followed by an interview at their office. Met with four different interviewers - mix of consultants and managers.

Interview Questions

• Which is the heaviest of seven marbles. You have a scale.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, had a brief screening phone interview with an HR rep from Norwalk ("tell me about yourself") and then an in-person in the NYC office. Purely technical interview with the head of group - questions about basic finance and programming terms. ("What is HTML? What is CSS? What is SQL? Why is it called 'hypertext?' and 'markup?' Why is HTML not a language? What makes CSS cascading? Why does the value of a stock go up when a company profits? Why would anyone buy a stock? What happens to a bond when interest rates go up?") Basically no behavioral questions, other than "why are you leaving your current job?" The questions weren't very difficult, but the interviewer was inquisitive (though polite,) and really drilled into every topic - anything I wasn't 100% certain of, I got more in-depth questions on.

Interview Questions

• What happens to a bond when interest rates go up? Why isn't HTML considered a language?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FactSet (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Had 2 rounds of telephonic interview for a database developer role. After they were satisfied was called onsite for a full day interview. Started the day with database design, then next round was to write specific queries. Followed by object oriented questions. The department manager took me out for lunch where he discussed about the work environment and the expectations from the role. The last was an HR discussion round.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were scenario based so if you have come across the scenario you would be able to answer   Answer Question

The pay was not sufficient for me.