FactSet

Updated Nov 6, 2014

3.2

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at FactSet in October 2014.

The written test consists of Easy english questions followed by arithmetic questions based on %, P&L, ratio etc. Next accounting questions on funds bonds and stocks.
The technical rounds are tough but keep yourself updated with what happens in the stock market and the other important areas related to it. I have listed a few questions asked below.

Interview Questions
  • Mutual funds and types
    Ratios and types
    Financial Markets

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Research Analyst Interview

I applied this position through internet on their website. Very quickly, I received reply in my mail box for for the arrangement of interveiw. Three people conducted the interview and they tried to make me feel easy and relax. The whole process was quite friendly, just as talking to your friend. No surprising questions, nor difficult technical ones.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing quite different than other questions already on this site. Advice for people will get interview: review this website, all questions are included.   Answer Question

Salary offered too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet.

written test for 1hour on english grammer and sentence correction, reasoning, finance related questions
    hr - based on ur resume about ur hobbies and personal introduction
    manager round-- about shift timings and questions on finance
    top level manager

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet.

Graduation/Post Graduation with Min 60%
    Written Test
    HR Interview - Communication Test
    Tech Interview
    Mgr Interview.

NO Negotiation

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at FactSet in March 2013.

The hiring process, I can say, was relatively fast. You can expect an invitation for the initial interview approximately three weeks after the examination. It was my first interview since I was a fresh graduate then so I kinda have said things which must not come out any interviewees mouth in a screening process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in February 2013.

It was good. Had two rounds of interview. First one was the aptitude and the second was screening.

Interview Questions
    • General accounting questions and few out of pocket ones   Answer Question

Seminar,Written Test and HR round

Interview Questions
    • Types of Leases,DIffrences Between Public limited company and Private Limited Company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in June 2012.

Process.
    --Written test consist 3 segments Financials(40 Quest), Aptitude(10 quest), English (10 Questions) all are multiple choice. and section cut-off is there 1hr duration.
         Financial questions are very basic ones every one answer those like NASDAQ full name, calculation of profit from sales after tax and depreciation, some related to bonds, when company winding up 1st preference of settling debt.. etc
        Aptitude consists some are arthematic and finding area of cylinder when height and base are given, questions related to circles, and some are solving quadratic Equations,

English Consists of very easy questions like finding errors in a sentence(5) and passage n questions(5)
    [Elimination round]
    --Next one is on computer, they give a 8-10 page pdf document and 20 questions on a paper, we need to answer those questions from the pdf document.(Time 20 min.) [elimination Round]

--1:1 Technical Interview mostly on basic of accounting and stock markets. i faced 10-12 some of them are..

1.Financial markets n types
    2.What is primary market
    3.IPO comes under which market(Primary mkt)
    4.Portfolio Diversification
    5.Hedge fund
    6.Ratio analysis n Activity ratios
    7.Profitability ratios
    8.Difference b/w preference and equity shares
    9.Zero coupon bond
    10.Intrinsic value

asked briefly about my self and willing work in shifts r not, how long can u work for the company.. etc..

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at FactSet in August 2011.

I got a referral from a friend so the process was really quick. The HR contacted me the day I submitted my resume and schedule me for an exam. I had an exam and interview all in one day. I already got my job offer the next day. I waited for one week to start the training since they hire by batch.

Interview Questions
    • Not really difficult. You just have to be confident and sincere in what you say. The questions were typical like" what motivates you in life.. how do you handle stress.. how do you start your day at work..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at FactSet in March 2011.

First round was written test followed by presentation and personal interview.