FactSet

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview Details – The position is for factset's boston office which is focus on C# . Got a phone interview after school's career fair. The phone interview has noting technical. Then got onsite interview after few days. Mainly described my previous projects and was asked a few question. After that, they asked me to send over code sample.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – talked to person at career fair and got an email and phone call later

Interview Question – asked me to program the fibonacci sequence   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at FactSet in September 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume at a career fair, and received an email that they would like to interview me. I had an initial phone interview where I was asked some technical questions regarding designing a deck of cards, comparison of java and c++, and I think some behavioral questions.

Onsite, I was asked to a question about strings, a design question, a code review, and probably another coding question.

The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Question – A design question involving microsoft excel   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – 2 rounds: Test from which 10 were selected.
Final 2 rounds of interview:Technical and HR.

Interview Question – Java/python   Answer Question

Interviewed at FactSet

Interview Details – Came in, saw an overview of some of their software. Lead into a room where they asked what my preference was C or Java. Handed me ~4/5 pages of horrible Java code on triangle objects. It had methods that generated a triangle from given points, computed area, perimeter, etc. Give a few minutes to look over it and talk them through the code and whats wrong with it, how I could improve it.

Lead to another room, given a white board and asked a few algorithm questions. How to sort 2 unsorted lists into one list. Asked to make it more efficient. Asked how to find a given word in a document of strings. Asked to make my method more efficient. Break, lunch with some awkward, bright young employees.

Back to the lab, another room. Asked for an algorithm to find minimum number in a tree. Then Max. Asked if given a continuous stream of numbers, how I would keep track of the minimum at all times.

Each of the 3 rooms had 2 people there scrutinizing you.

I wasn't on my game, one of my first interviews and I did not brush up on anything. Come prepared, rereview over your algorithms. It won't be hard if you practice a decent amount. Talk aloud when you do the problems to let the interviewers follow your logic.

Interview Question – See above   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at FactSet

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FactSet Software Developer interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by FactSet employees and interview candidates.