FactSet Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

talked to them in career fair and Hr connect me 2 days after career fair for the phone interview. Just one day after phone interview I got email about ask me for a onsite interview! Very effective! The onsite interview is two days later since my schedule is full in the following week. On site interview is super good experience! Everyone is super nice and open to discuss. Even through that I got bad news the following day, I am still think this company is amazing and highly recommended

Interview Questions

• Tree Bfs(phone interview)   Answer Question
  • Triangle class code review(very bad code and I think I did not good there) linked list related problem and oop design related problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview

The position is for factset's boston office which is focus on C# . Got a phone interview after school's career fair. The phone interview has noting technical. Then got onsite interview after few days. Mainly described my previous projects and was asked a few question. After that, they asked me to send over code sample.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Interview

talked to person at career fair and got an email and phone call later

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet (San Mateo, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I submitted a resume at a career fair, and received an email that they would like to interview me. I had an initial phone interview where I was asked some technical questions regarding designing a deck of cards, comparison of java and c++, and I think some behavioral questions. Onsite, I was asked to a question about strings, a design question, a code review, and probably another coding question. The interviewers were very nice.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

2 rounds: Test from which 10 were selected. Final 2 rounds of interview:Technical and HR.

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Came in, saw an overview of some of their software. Lead into a room where they asked what my preference was C or Java. Handed me ~4/5 pages of horrible Java code on triangle objects. It had methods that generated a triangle from given points, computed area, perimeter, etc. Give a few minutes to look over it and talk them through the code and whats wrong with it, how I could improve it. Lead to another room, given a white board and asked a few algorithm questions. How to sort 2 unsorted lists into one list. Asked to make it more efficient. Asked how to find a given word in a document of strings. Asked to make my method more efficient. Break, lunch with some awkward, bright young employees. Back to the lab, another room. Asked for an algorithm to find minimum number in a tree. Then Max. Asked if given a continuous stream of numbers, how I would keep track of the minimum at all times. Each of the 3 rooms had 2 people there scrutinizing you. I wasn't on my game, one of my first interviews and I did not brush up on anything. Come prepared, rereview over your algorithms. It won't be hard if you practice a decent amount. Talk aloud when you do the problems to let the interviewers follow your logic.