FactSet

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Norwalk, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Interview Details – Had a brief phone interview that involved a discussion of OOP and writing code in C++. Was invited onsite, where there were a series of interviews, each one-on-one. One was a C++ code review. Another was about designing a game/simulator and addressing its challenges. The third focused on data structures and algorithms. The experience was mostly positive, and I heard a decision less than a week later, but I have yet to receive the promised travel reimbursement. I can understand a delay in this process, but no one from HR has replied to my inquiries about it. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Nothing was extremely difficult, but I was mildly and happily surprised that there was a segment fully devoted to OOD.   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's career fair. Got called for an onsite interview. They gave a demo of their product and then I had 5 interviews with 1-2 people. They also took me out to lunch. Overall, it seemed like a very good company for work-life balance. People were nice too. I got an offer within 2 business days.

I have not accepted the position yet but seems like a good company.

Interview Question – There were no surprises.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at FactSet in July 2013.

Interview Details – This was for a graduate position, and I still have to take the face-to-face interview, but so far they have been really communicative and have answered any question I had by email really quick. In the phone interview, which took exactly 60 minutes, they asked me basic questions about data structures and object oriented programming. In one of those they made me compare benefits and drawbacks of using arrays instead of linked lists. Another question revolved on the fact that data would be coming in real time and I had to used some sort of heap or ordered list to keep this data. I also had the typical question about motivations, why FactSet, and a bit about their competition.

Interview Question – When they asked me about their competition   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Engineer I

I applied through college or university and interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume at Career Fair. Then I got a 30 minutes phone interview. Asked some C++ main concepts and solved some data structure technical problems.

Interview Question – dynamic allocation question.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview through a referral, got a communication regarding the phone interview process and the initial interview is just to understand the candidate and explain the procedure, position to be offered, nature of work, brief introduction about the company, then there was a written test which was mainly concentrated on the required skills and then there was a personal interview before the offer was made. Then there was an orientation session being organized for the recruits.

Interview Question – Questions and discussions on parsing related technologies   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate as much as possible

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!