FactSet

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in February 2014.

Had a brief phone interview that involved a discussion of OOP and writing code in C++. Was invited onsite, where there were a series of interviews, each one-on-one. One was a C++ code review. Another was about designing a game/simulator and addressing its challenges. The third focused on data structures and algorithms. The experience was mostly positive, and I heard a decision less than a week later, but I have yet to receive the promised travel reimbursement. I can understand a delay in this process, but no one from HR has replied to my inquiries about it. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was extremely difficult, but I was mildly and happily surprised that there was a segment fully devoted to OOD.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Applied through my school's career fair. Got called for an onsite interview. They gave a demo of their product and then I had 5 interviews with 1-2 people. They also took me out to lunch. Overall, it seemed like a very good company for work-life balance. People were nice too. I got an offer within 2 business days.

I have not accepted the position yet but seems like a good company.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at FactSet.

consists of 3 rounds:
    1.aptitude + output and pseudo coding : was simple. basics of c++ were focused upon.
    2. technical interviews: logical thinking and coding was checked basically. keep your oops concepts clear. Interviewers help u when u r stuck somewhere. try getting hint from them to solve.
    3. HR + technical interviews: try not to become nervous as u get tired til last round. Keep calm.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at FactSet in July 2013.

This was for a graduate position, and I still have to take the face-to-face interview, but so far they have been really communicative and have answered any question I had by email really quick. In the phone interview, which took exactly 60 minutes, they asked me basic questions about data structures and object oriented programming. In one of those they made me compare benefits and drawbacks of using arrays instead of linked lists. Another question revolved on the fact that data would be coming in real time and I had to used some sort of heap or ordered list to keep this data. I also had the typical question about motivations, why FactSet, and a bit about their competition.

Interview Questions
    • When they asked me about their competition   View Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at FactSet.

Submitted my resume at Career Fair. Then I got a 30 minutes phone interview. Asked some C++ main concepts and solved some data structure technical problems.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at FactSet in January 2011.

Got the interview through a referral, got a communication regarding the phone interview process and the initial interview is just to understand the candidate and explain the procedure, position to be offered, nature of work, brief introduction about the company, then there was a written test which was mainly concentrated on the required skills and then there was a personal interview before the offer was made. Then there was an orientation session being organized for the recruits.

Interview Questions
    • Questions and discussions on parsing related technologies   Answer Question
    Negotiate as much as possible