FactSet

Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Norwalk, CT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

Interview Details – First contact was an email from HR wanting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was technical with 4 to 6 people online, it was hard to tell. In person is an all day event, it goes from 9am to around 2pm, there are 4 technically 5 interviews including HR. All interviews less the HR interview are technical, know your material. They love probing questions, I personally do not like them, nor see the value in them.

Interview Question – Sell me something?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Difficult Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in November 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a position at FactSet while completing my degree. HR reached out promptly following a college career fair, which made the process move quickly. FactSet enjoys creating an excitement and that leads to a positive perception of the corporate culture. Fresh, agile in hiring process, not too bureaucratic, and not extra phone screens.

Went through one 1:1 phone screen interview, followed 10 days later by a full-day onsite interview speaking with systems engineers and engineering managers. Four 45-minute technical interviews with pairs of interviewers through the day, plus intro, interview with manager, interview with asst director, discussion with HR, and lunch. Long day. I received an offer a few days later and was given 2 weeks to reply.

Interview Question – List the platforms you're comfortable working on. Now, how would you compile and secure this code on [server platform you didn't list] ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at FactSet

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at FactSet Systems Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by FactSet employees and interview candidates.