FactSet Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet.

First contact was an email from HR wanting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was technical with 4 to 6 people online, it was hard to tell. In person is an all day event, it goes from 9am to around 2pm, there are 4 technically 5 interviews including HR. All interviews less the HR interview are technical, know your material. They love probing questions, I personally do not like them, nor see the value in them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for FactSet

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norwalk, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at FactSet in November 2009.

I interviewed for a position at FactSet while completing my degree. HR reached out promptly following a college career fair, which made the process move quickly. FactSet enjoys creating an excitement and that leads to a positive perception of the corporate culture. Fresh, agile in hiring process, not too bureaucratic, and not extra phone screens.

Went through one 1:1 phone screen interview, followed 10 days later by a full-day onsite interview speaking with systems engineers and engineering managers. Four 45-minute technical interviews with pairs of interviewers through the day, plus intro, interview with manager, interview with asst director, discussion with HR, and lunch. Long day. I received an offer a few days later and was given 2 weeks to reply.

Interview Questions
    • List the platforms you're comfortable working on. Now, how would you compile and secure this code on [server platform you didn't list] ?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Worked for FactSet? Contribute to the Community!