Factory Motor Parts Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Factory Motor Parts

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview went well. They said I'd hear from her either way on Monday or Tuesday. Heard nothing. Again, not following through with what they say.

Interview Questions

• They ask what my salary is now and after disclosing $18 an hour they ask if I'd be flexible on this.   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts (Eagan, MN).

Interview

IF, and I mean IF, they decide NOT to go through a temp agency as they almost exclusively do now, the interview process is simple. IF they're interviewing you then you pretty much have the job as long as you are polite and speak proper English. There will be a background check-they do NOT hire people with felonies on their record. Hence the temp agency. Despite whatever equal opportunities they claim. Then you will go for a drug test. That part is obvious. Dont do illegal drugs and you're fine. Once all the results come back then you're in! Then you start interviewing yourself-asking why did I apply here? There's no room for growth unless the 1 or 2 guys above you is firwd/quits or tragedy happens. So you're pretty much there to get warehouse experience/ forklift "training" and try to apply somewhere else. Rinse. Repeat.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with FMP?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When they discuss pay-you better hope you have a degree or lots of previous experience cause then you MIGHT be able to negotiate a higher starting rate. Which is highly recommended because there are NO RAISES! and haven't been in atleast 4 years. FMP lost their biggest money making Delco stock orders so money is out of the question. They didnt have $ even when they had all that business-certainly dont have it now and wont for a long time because someone higher up-screwed up royally losing that business with no backup plan in site. So my advice, ask for as mich as possible in the beginning cause it'll be a great while till you see anymore...

Gen/Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Factory Motor Parts in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with VP. Was told about position and what my contributions could be. Was showed the facilty in another state that was just built, impresive in size. Had three interviews with different managers within the company. Very long with some explanation of the responsibility. the communication process from them asfter the first interview to to long, I had to consistantly make the contact for the next interview as the process went, Poor communication for management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

make sure that the bonus levels that are explained are atainable. I believed in them without asking for proff on the performance of that location