FairPoint Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.2

Client Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications.

Interview

Simple, the guy that did my interview showed up in jeans, with a large dip in his mouth. Most of the questions where action based and turned into a conversation right away. Not much of a technical screening.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications.

Interview

A female from the company called me asking me if I was still interested in the position. A few weeks later, I checked with her to see if she's going to forward with my application. She said no, they're gonna do internal hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on relocating to Florida for this position?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications.

Interview

Phone screen was thorough. In person was expedient! Hired by the end of my interview. Hiring manager was very pressured to hire people and that was evident walking into the meeting. Got more than i was asking for by upping my dollars after i was offered the job on the spot!

Negotiation

Was poorly managed. Director who hired wouldn't touch negotiating benefits (vacation) and deferred to HR who would not discuss either.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications.

Interview

Very thorough phone screen. On-site interview with team members that asked standard interview questions. Seemed chaotic. Small space. Not very professional in appearance. Small tour of the small facility and was sent on my way. I was too prepared with resumes and they did not want them.

Interview Questions

• What would be your dream job if money was not an object?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications (Manchester, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

ask about past technology not what they could move into. oddly the question had nothing to about bring the company forward with new technology and what a five year plan would be. Not only that but the interviewing persons where more concern on how i could present unfinished project to their ELT with it the prohect being completed.. company didn't seem to care about customers or how to keep them

Interview Questions

• ask if I know main frames,   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications (Manchester, NH) in July 2010.

Interview

Each manager has their own preferences and style, but in general you will have one or two phone interviews and one or two in-person interviews. They do an extensive background check to verify the accuracy of employment applications and resumes. Be honest or you will not pass the screening. Most positions allow candidates which do not have college degrees. If you don't have one be honest about it.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were unexpected or difficult. My interviewer spent more time "selling" the position to me than asking tough questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Each manager that is approved to offer a position has a defined salary range for that position. Most likely they are hoping to offer a salary at the low to mid section of the salary range to allow for several years of salary growth. If I had it to do over again, I would ask how I ranked compared to other candidates for the job and based on that feedback I would decide if I should ask for more salary. You can also just ask if they can share the salary range for the position with you, so that you can gauge future growth potential. Once you know the range, you know if there is room to ask for more ;)

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications (Bangor, ME) in February 2010.

Interview

Submitted for employment thru company web site was contacted within a week. Drove 3 hours to interview location and met manager and team. I was offered the job before I left the building.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at FairPoint Communications.

Interview

Normal process, 2 phone interviews then a face to face HR department is great

Interview Questions

• No trick questions standard "what would you do if" weakness & strangths   Answer Question