Fairchild Semiconductor

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2014.

Be prepared to describe your experience and how you can deliver similar results in the new role. Be sure to research the company history and products, behavior-based interview approach

Global Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was a rather rigorous interview process. A total of five interviews, only one face to face. Each person was from a different department and had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were so many questions, I wasn't expecting to have samples of my current reports to share.   Answer Question

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

HR recruiter was responsive, provided good background materials about the company, and decent information about the position. Interview itself was approximately two hours and I met with four folks including HR Liaison for the department. The questions were typical of a behavioral interview: background review, what has been your biggest challenge, etc.

Negotiation really wasn't an option for me at the time, given the economy and my need for a full-time job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was very seamless and pleasant

1 day

Design Verification Intern Interview

Had a phone call from HR who set up the interview with my manager.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Asked about previous Internship Experience and Familiarity with lab tools usage.

Intermediate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in August 2012.

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, it was straightforward and no technical questions. Afterwards, a technical phone interview was set up and the manager brought up op-amp questions mainly. The questions about op-amps are extremely technical and you have to know everything including each part of the op-amp and why they work as they do.

FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in February 2012.

While there was a decent number of interviews (5) It was not adversarial. Everyone was very professional and was just trying to determine competency and personality fit. It was not grueling in the details nor was it a hard sell. They truly seem to want competent employees with a solid attitude that can help them succeed.

Interview Questions
    I utilized my experience level to increase non-compensation benefits

Product Line Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in September 2010.

All day interview. Met with senior staff members as well as the functional department managers. Most of the discussion was focused on my past experience and my understanding of the semiconductor market.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us and what value can you bring to us.   Answer Question
    Excellent. HR Business Partner was very competent.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2010.

I applied online for this position. Few days later a received a call from HR asking for a phone interview. The phone interview panel consisted of the Hiring Manager and Lead Engineer. I was asked few technical questions and questions related to my background. The phone interview went well and I flew next week to Portland, Maine for an in person interview. The interview went on for 4-5 hours. I was asked a lot of basic electronics questions and questions related to my background. I was asked to demonstrate my hands on skills in the lab. At the end , HR asked me a series of behavioral questions. Unlike the phone interview, this did not go well and I was rejected two week later.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be prepared to defend your work. Have a clear understand of their product line. Be prepared to answer a lot of basic electronics questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Fairchild Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!