Fairchild Semiconductor

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview Details – It was very seamless and pleasant

Interview Question – details on accounting   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 1 day

Design Verification Intern Interview

Interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor

Interview Details – Had a phone call from HR who set up the interview with my manager.

Interview Question – know your stuffs in your resume   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2009.

Interview Details – 1:1 and group interviews

Interview Question – Liked to ask interview questions like why is a man hole cover round?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in November 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 6 people who I would be working on a daily basis including the HR manager. They asked key questions about my work experience and how it applies towards my job. People were very pleasant during the interview. I also spoke with the HR manager for about an hour. he was very informative about companies direction.

Interview Question – How do you see fitting into Fairchild's culture?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for this position. Few days later a received a call from HR asking for a phone interview. The phone interview panel consisted of the Hiring Manager and Lead Engineer. I was asked few technical questions and questions related to my background. The phone interview went well and I flew next week to Portland, Maine for an in person interview. The interview went on for 4-5 hours. I was asked a lot of basic electronics questions and questions related to my background. I was asked to demonstrate my hands on skills in the lab. At the end , HR asked me a series of behavioral questions. Unlike the phone interview, this did not go well and I was rejected two week later.

Interview Question – None. Be prepared to defend your work. Have a clear understand of their product line. Be prepared to answer a lot of basic electronics questions.   Answer Question

Intermediate Test Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in August 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, it was straightforward and no technical questions. Afterwards, a technical phone interview was set up and the manager brought up op-amp questions mainly. The questions about op-amps are extremely technical and you have to know everything including each part of the op-amp and why they work as they do.

Interview Question – Tell me about the features of the op-amp.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Co-Op
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Asked about previous Internship Experience and Familiarity with lab tools usage.

Interview Question – Not that much Difficult.   Answer Question

FAE Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in February 2012.

Interview Details – While there was a decent number of interviews (5) It was not adversarial. Everyone was very professional and was just trying to determine competency and personality fit. It was not grueling in the details nor was it a hard sell. They truly seem to want competent employees with a solid attitude that can help them succeed.

Interview Question – I don't remember any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I utilized my experience level to increase non-compensation benefits

Very Easy Interview

IT Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Phone interview, on-site interview with hiring manager and/or staff

RSM Interview

Asia (Philippines)

Interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor

Interview Details – Overall its not good. They only like guys who knows everything and have very high expectations.

Interview Question – Asking questions which doesnt has any relevance to job position or my experience   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fairchild Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairchild Semiconductor interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fairchild Semiconductor employees and interview candidates.