Fairchild Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

Started with a phone interview where I was asked about my projects, some questions on Python (associative arrays), commands in Linux to open,edit,close,copy a file etc., differences between function & task, questions on tools listed on my resume.
    Questions asked onsite - setup/hold time, interrupts, level shifters, synchronous/asynchronous design.
    Interviewers were very friendly and it was a good experience overall.

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, NH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2014.

The interview took almost three hours, each engineer asked for one hour followed by a presentation to their group. They asked many basic questions on analog circuits like non inverting amplifier, buck converter, amplifier design. Most of questions are not too difficult. They also looked at my resume and asked on projects that I have done, especially related to power management SOC.

Interview Questions
    • We have lunch right now, you are welcome to join us   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2014.

Be prepared to describe your experience and how you can deliver similar results in the new role. Be sure to research the company history and products, behavior-based interview approach

Global Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was a rather rigorous interview process. A total of five interviews, only one face to face. Each person was from a different department and had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were so many questions, I wasn't expecting to have samples of my current reports to share.   Answer Question

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

HR recruiter was responsive, provided good background materials about the company, and decent information about the position. Interview itself was approximately two hours and I met with four folks including HR Liaison for the department. The questions were typical of a behavioral interview: background review, what has been your biggest challenge, etc.

Negotiation really wasn't an option for me at the time, given the economy and my need for a full-time job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was very seamless and pleasant

1 day

Design Verification Intern Interview

Had a phone call from HR who set up the interview with my manager.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Asked about previous Internship Experience and Familiarity with lab tools usage.

Intermediate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in August 2012.

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, it was straightforward and no technical questions. Afterwards, a technical phone interview was set up and the manager brought up op-amp questions mainly. The questions about op-amps are extremely technical and you have to know everything including each part of the op-amp and why they work as they do.

FAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in February 2012.

While there was a decent number of interviews (5) It was not adversarial. Everyone was very professional and was just trying to determine competency and personality fit. It was not grueling in the details nor was it a hard sell. They truly seem to want competent employees with a solid attitude that can help them succeed.

Interview Questions
    I utilized my experience level to increase non-compensation benefits