Fairchild Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Process Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (South Portland, ME) in July 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. When selected then on site interview. Not too many technical questions , more behavioral questions. Was a good experience , the mangers make you feel comfortable. Made the offer in 2 weeks. Did not negotiate on salary as this is my first job.

Interview Questions

• Basic question on CMOS process Process flow and few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Process Development Engineer Interview

Interview

phone interview first. Interview dinner before an onsite interview. The onsite interview takes around 6 hours. People are very nice. First talk with HR manager with some non tech question. Then the fabrication manager and fab manager for the tech question. Finally, give the presentation. Short, casual talk at the end with HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic question on the resume. Go over the fabrication process and detail based on your experience. If you have a honest resume, you are fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

Interview candidates seem to be touched by too many different people in the company before they join the company. The interview process is long and drawn out. I was contacted by the HR recruiter, scheduler and hiring manager at times, and it wasn't clear who led/owned the hiring process. This confusion continued with the offer and my first day of orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation with regard to my offer.

Intern Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview where I was asked about my projects, some questions on Python (associative arrays), commands in Linux to open,edit,close,copy a file etc., differences between function & task, questions on tools listed on my resume. Questions asked onsite - setup/hold time, interrupts, level shifters, synchronous/asynchronous design. Interviewers were very friendly and it was a good experience overall.

Analog IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Bedford, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took almost three hours, each engineer asked for one hour followed by a presentation to their group. They asked many basic questions on analog circuits like non inverting amplifier, buck converter, amplifier design. Most of questions are not too difficult. They also looked at my resume and asked on projects that I have done, especially related to power management SOC.

Interview Questions

• We have lunch right now, you are welcome to join us   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Be prepared to describe your experience and how you can deliver similar results in the new role. Be sure to research the company history and products, behavior-based interview approach

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

Interview

It was a rather rigorous interview process. A total of five interviews, only one face to face. Each person was from a different department and had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions

• There were so many questions, I wasn't expecting to have samples of my current reports to share.   Answer Question

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (South Portland, ME).

Interview

HR recruiter was responsive, provided good background materials about the company, and decent information about the position. Interview itself was approximately two hours and I met with four folks including HR Liaison for the department. The questions were typical of a behavioral interview: background review, what has been your biggest challenge, etc.

Negotiation

Negotiation really wasn't an option for me at the time, given the economy and my need for a full-time job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Was called by HR to arrange 3 phone interviews. The calls were on time and the folks seemed prepared with questions and having read the resume. Later, I was invited to lunch with the VP and two director level managers. This lasted 2 hours and was a pretty casual conversation, discussing all kinds of non-technical issues. More behavioral questions. Then a followup interview on site with another director. Everyone seemed cordial and helpful

Interview Questions

• Really nothing very difficult. Standard fare like why do you want to leave your company, what are your strengths, etc.I did my homework getting ready for the interviews so it was pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It was very seamless and pleasant

Interview Questions

Negotiation

1 day