Fairchild Semiconductor

3.1

Product Line Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in September 2010.

All day interview. Met with senior staff members as well as the functional department managers. Most of the discussion was focused on my past experience and my understanding of the semiconductor market.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us and what value can you bring to us.   Answer Question
    Excellent. HR Business Partner was very competent.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2014.

Be prepared to describe your experience and how you can deliver similar results in the new role. Be sure to research the company history and products, behavior-based interview approach

Global Sales Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was a rather rigorous interview process. A total of five interviews, only one face to face. Each person was from a different department and had a different set of questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were so many questions, I wasn't expecting to have samples of my current reports to share.   Answer Question

Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

HR recruiter was responsive, provided good background materials about the company, and decent information about the position. Interview itself was approximately two hours and I met with four folks including HR Liaison for the department. The questions were typical of a behavioral interview: background review, what has been your biggest challenge, etc.

Negotiation really wasn't an option for me at the time, given the economy and my need for a full-time job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor.

It was very seamless and pleasant

1 day

Design Verification Intern Interview

Had a phone call from HR who set up the interview with my manager.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2009.

1:1 and group interviews

Interview Questions
    • Liked to ask interview questions like why is a man hole cover round?   View Answer
    Simple

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in November 2009.

Met with 6 people who I would be working on a daily basis including the HR manager. They asked key questions about my work experience and how it applies towards my job. People were very pleasant during the interview. I also spoke with the HR manager for about an hour. he was very informative about companies direction.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see fitting into Fairchild's culture?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in May 2010.

I applied online for this position. Few days later a received a call from HR asking for a phone interview. The phone interview panel consisted of the Hiring Manager and Lead Engineer. I was asked few technical questions and questions related to my background. The phone interview went well and I flew next week to Portland, Maine for an in person interview. The interview went on for 4-5 hours. I was asked a lot of basic electronics questions and questions related to my background. I was asked to demonstrate my hands on skills in the lab. At the end , HR asked me a series of behavioral questions. Unlike the phone interview, this did not go well and I was rejected two week later.

Interview Questions
    • None. Be prepared to defend your work. Have a clear understand of their product line. Be prepared to answer a lot of basic electronics questions.   Answer Question

Intermediate Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fairchild Semiconductor in August 2012.

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter, it was straightforward and no technical questions. Afterwards, a technical phone interview was set up and the manager brought up op-amp questions mainly. The questions about op-amps are extremely technical and you have to know everything including each part of the op-amp and why they work as they do.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fairchild Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!