Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.5

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

I was first given a detailed job description. Then interviewed by a three person panel. A total of ten questions were asked as well as given a written exercise to perform.

Human Service Worker III Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly. They asked questions that were pretty basic not too detailed, which is what I was expecting. They had questions already prepared to ask me. They did give me an opportunity to ask my own questions which was good for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult Client and how you resolved the issue at hand   1 Answer

Librarian I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

FCPL's system was a mess. They forward applications with little rhyme or reason. Once you're sent along it's hit or miss whether you'll be called for a position. They've stopped interviewing at the branch level and have started interviewing through Admin and placing people wherever they feel like without determining where they would be the best fit. This behooves no one and causes resentment throughout the county. The people doing the hiring have not had to work in a branch for many years. You may or may not be kept in a pool of applicants for a later date. Interviews are always done by a panel (two or more people asking questions and taking notes).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a poor decision. What was it and how would you do it differently now?   Answer Question

Human Service Worker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview. Three panel members. Very laid back. Applied to the job in February, did not get called for an interview until April. Was informed they want to hire me two weeks after the initial interview and started two weeks later. Total from application to start date was roughly 4 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry client or calm a situation that has escalated?   Answer Question

Human Service Worker Interview

Interview

I worked as a seasonal employee and then they hired me for a position that was opening up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation

Human Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

You need to apply through the AIMS system online. You can track your application through the process: Under Review, Forwarded/Not Forwarded, Filled, or Cancelled. The county gets hundreds of resumes for each position, so if you don't meet the preferred qualifications, it's tough. If you're contacted for an interview, it will be a very formal, panel interview. Demonstrate an understanding of the county, the department, and the job. Competition is pretty fierce. If you're not hired, you can call HR to ask why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate salary. In these budget conditions, it's frowned upon.

Safety Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Lorton, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Two phone screens and a panel interview which was very impressive. The panel represented all organizational departments as well as all levels within the departments. The panel had over 10 questions written out and I was asked several others regarding my past experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to an employee who was committing an unsafe act or condition?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not as good as I would have liked. They did not offer relocation, however, I was paid for my experience.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Reston, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

I came in after applying online and being contacted by the Maintenance Supervisor. He seemed to have decided I would get the job already because he just asked me a list of things that I would be required to do at the job. He also asked me about my education and previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• If I was able and willing to do what was required for the job.   Answer Question

Public Safety Communicator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online at the Fairfax County website. Each announcement for this opening *should* have an academy start date listed. Your process will be completed well before that date. About a week or less after the vacancy announcement closes, you should be scheduled for an initial written personality-style test, following that you will be invited to a skills-based test a few days later. Once you pass the skills test, they give you a background investigation packet that needs to be done and turned in within 3 days. You'll be scheduled for a polygraph, and then following the results of your background check, a panel interview. The offer (or lack thereof) usually comes by phone the same day as the interview. Following that, there is a fingerprint check and medical exam done when you complete onboarding paperwork. As long as you don't have TB and haven't done drugs, you're fine.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult or unexpected. Talk about yourself, your background, and what makes you want the position. They ask about what you consider to be your greatest achievement, your long term goals, strengths/weaknesses, and where you hope to be in five years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The pay rate is the same for everyone, regardless of experience.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Alexandria, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process wasn't really that bad. She asked me a couple of questions and then after that she showed me around the office and i started my day. Now i can say that i started out filing and shredding and doing packets and folders alot for the different alcohol and drug treatment program that they offer. But overall i'm happy with my job my boss is a little

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.....that question scares the hell out of me. but yet i can't shutup at home lmao   Answer Question