Fairfax County Virginia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Its a nice experience. since i know them before its easy for me and i did prepare for the interview very well. I did not got the job but still its a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Please tell about yourself that bring your experience and education to this position? What are the changes that you made in your work? what do you made suggestions to your supervisor? How you adapt to change? What does customer relationship mean to you and how do you handle with difficulty customers? What are your greatest strengths? What is your level of proficiency in MS office?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Upon arrival, I was given a list a questions that would be asked. I sat in the waiting area and reviewed the questions, and decided how to answer. I was called in to an office where I was to be asked the questions by a panel of 3 women. After introductions, they took turns going through the list, asking me the questions, and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would handle being a position that is mostly remote from the central office.   1 Answer

Management Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online in April 2015, and have the initial interview May 2015. The first interview was a panel of 4 people who ask about 10 questions. I had 3 minutes to answer each question, so come prepared because this interview is all about your skills and how your skills can benefit this position. Second interview is about your personality and if you mesh well with your new supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What are strengths and weaknesses? What makes you a good fit for this position? When looking at the job description, is there anything you feel that you may not be able to perform well on?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

I was first given a detailed job description. Then interviewed by a three person panel. A total of ten questions were asked as well as given a written exercise to perform.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

It was a panel interview. Everyone was very nice and friendly. They asked questions that were pretty basic not too detailed, which is what I was expecting. They had questions already prepared to ask me. They did give me an opportunity to ask my own questions which was good for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a difficult Client and how you resolved the issue at hand   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the county website, few weeks after the closing date they called to setup and in-person interview. The receptionist gave me a questionnaire and gave me 30 min to fill my answers, on overview of the questions asked in the interview. Fire and Rescue officials and team members were on the panel- it was around 5 people. They asked several technical questions on SQL, Vb.Net and other questions. Few weeks later they called me for another round of practical examination. This round they gave me a list of technical questions and asked me to write answers. Questions were mostly on ASP.Net, SQL Server, HTML. I was not selected for this position. It was a pleasant experience, people were kind and respectful.

Librarian I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

FCPL's system was a mess. They forward applications with little rhyme or reason. Once you're sent along it's hit or miss whether you'll be called for a position. They've stopped interviewing at the branch level and have started interviewing through Admin and placing people wherever they feel like without determining where they would be the best fit. This behooves no one and causes resentment throughout the county. The people doing the hiring have not had to work in a branch for many years. You may or may not be kept in a pool of applicants for a later date. Interviews are always done by a panel (two or more people asking questions and taking notes).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a poor decision. What was it and how would you do it differently now?   Answer Question

Human Service Worker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia (Fairfax, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel Interview. Three panel members. Very laid back. Applied to the job in February, did not get called for an interview until April. Was informed they want to hire me two weeks after the initial interview and started two weeks later. Total from application to start date was roughly 4 months.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry client or calm a situation that has escalated?   Answer Question

Human Service Worker Interview

Interview

I worked as a seasonal employee and then they hired me for a position that was opening up.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation

Human Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Fairfax County Virginia.

Interview

You need to apply through the AIMS system online. You can track your application through the process: Under Review, Forwarded/Not Forwarded, Filled, or Cancelled. The county gets hundreds of resumes for each position, so if you don't meet the preferred qualifications, it's tough. If you're contacted for an interview, it will be a very formal, panel interview. Demonstrate an understanding of the county, the department, and the job. Competition is pretty fierce. If you're not hired, you can call HR to ask why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate salary. In these budget conditions, it's frowned upon.