Fairfax Media Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

2 interviews

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne (Australia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fairfax Media in December 2012.

Initial communication was by phone. It was very casual, even the meeting was very casual. They told me about the role, the culture and the expectations. It went for about an hour

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? CAn you handle money?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Fairfax Media

Accounts Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Fairfax Media in March 2009.

I got headhunted for the role. One day I received a call from an acquaintance, whom I met at a client event a couple of months prior. He asked if I was interested. Then I had a face to face conversation with my future manager, followed by another, more casual one with both of them. Then we discussed the pay, I negotiated, and accepted. I thought that they were very professional, and everything went really smoothly.

Interview Questions
    • I really can’t recall anything… maybe because they called me, and were the ones who initiated the process.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate an additional 10% on top of the initially offered pay. It wasn’t easy but I held out, and finally they met my request. Yes, I was able to negotiate an additional 10% on top of the initially offered pay.
    It wasn’t easy but I held out, and finally they met my request. This was still at a time when Fairfax was cashing in on both advertisement and classifieds and money was coming in much easier than it is now. I’m not sure whether they still have such flexibility these days. In any case, it’s worth trying.

Worked for Fairfax Media? Contribute to the Community!