Fairleigh Dickinson University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant
Madison, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through the website, but since I was recommended by the person who I wanted to be hired by, I was called fairly quickly to come in to interview. I was interviewed together with my prospective boss and the Dean. Interview was about 20 minutes and then they told me that they definitely want me and they will contact me very soon. 2 days later they called and accepted offer.

Interview Question – A time where you had to overcome an obstacle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only negotiation was really scheduling hours, since pay is standard.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Interview Details – The process took way too long. There would be no news for a month, then a flurry of activity which made it difficult because I was juggling other offers. Didn't get to meet many department faculty before being hired

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here as opposed to another nearby school with similar position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A little--I got 5 k more in salary but no more for summer research, cause it is the same for all their new hires

Accountant Interview

Accountant

Interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University

Interview Details – I was working part time in another department and position was posted. I was contacted by the assistant controller by phone and had an interview. My boss at the time also called the assistant controller and highly recommended me for the position.

Interview Question – I was perceived as over qualified, too experienced (old?) and had to field many questions related to whether this position was appropriate for someone like myself   Answer Question

Public Safety Officer At the Florham Campus, FDU Interview

Public Safety Officer At the Florham Campus, FDU
Madison, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in June 2009.

Interview Details – Prior police or correctional experience is a plus during the interview. Knowledge of CPR/AED and First Aid background is a selection process for a chance for an interview.

Interview Question – Mostly judgment questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, starting pay is lower and then progressing.

Student Worker Interview

Student Worker
Madison, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in September 2008.

Interview Details – Required filling out work-study application at Financial Aid Office. Then checking available jobs at Career Development. If there are free spots available at the various offices, work study students will usually obtain them on a first come, first serve basis.

Interview Question – What was the greatest difficulty you had with your prior employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be kind and personable.

Student Activities Assistant Interview

Student Activities Assistant
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

Interview Details – The university contacts the desired candidates after reviewing all the resumes that were sent. After the initial step, the selected candidates will participate in an interview with some of the staff members. You will be asked to prepare a presentation regarding the position and the improvements and contributions that you can bring. After the interview process you will be contacted with a job offer if you were selected to occupy the position.

Interview Question – All the questions will regard how you can contribute with the position, so questions such as how could you get the students more involved in the activities that the university promote, or how could you get students engaged in paid activities are examples of questions that will be asked.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in January 2011.

Interview Details – basically questioned about the things i kept on my resume. easy going.. should be confident.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Graduate Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the Dean of the college, had a 15 minute interview on my skills and what I can do to add to the department.

Interview Question – What is your personality like under pressure?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was easy. Not much to negotiate besides your working hours schedule.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fairleigh Dickinson University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairleigh Dickinson University interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fairleigh Dickinson University employees and interview candidates.