Fairleigh Dickinson University Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2014
Updated Apr 16, 2014

2.8

Assistant Professor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The process took way too long. There would be no news for a month, then a flurry of activity which made it difficult because I was juggling other offers. Didn't get to meet many department faculty before being hired

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here as opposed to another nearby school with similar position   View Answer
    A little--I got 5 k more in salary but no more for summer research, cause it is the same for all their new hires

Accountant Interview

I was working part time in another department and position was posted. I was contacted by the assistant controller by phone and had an interview. My boss at the time also called the assistant controller and highly recommended me for the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was perceived as over qualified, too experienced (old?) and had to field many questions related to whether this position was appropriate for someone like myself   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in May 2013.

Applied through the website, but since I was recommended by the person who I wanted to be hired by, I was called fairly quickly to come in to interview. I was interviewed together with my prospective boss and the Dean. Interview was about 20 minutes and then they told me that they definitely want me and they will contact me very soon. 2 days later they called and accepted offer.

Interview Questions
    Only negotiation was really scheduling hours, since pay is standard.

Public Safety Officer At the Florham Campus, FDU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in June 2009.

Prior police or correctional experience is a plus during the interview. Knowledge of CPR/AED and First Aid background is a selection process for a chance for an interview.

Interview Questions
    No, starting pay is lower and then progressing.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in September 2008.

Required filling out work-study application at Financial Aid Office. Then checking available jobs at Career Development. If there are free spots available at the various offices, work study students will usually obtain them on a first come, first serve basis.

Interview Questions
    • What was the greatest difficulty you had with your prior employer?   Answer Question
    Be kind and personable.

Student Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The university contacts the desired candidates after reviewing all the resumes that were sent. After the initial step, the selected candidates will participate in an interview with some of the staff members. You will be asked to prepare a presentation regarding the position and the improvements and contributions that you can bring. After the interview process you will be contacted with a job offer if you were selected to occupy the position.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions will regard how you can contribute with the position, so questions such as how could you get the students more involved in the activities that the university promote, or how could you get students engaged in paid activities are examples of questions that will be asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in May 2011.

Met with the Dean of the college, had a 15 minute interview on my skills and what I can do to add to the department.

Interview Questions
    • What is your personality like under pressure?   View Answer
    Negotiation was easy. Not much to negotiate besides your working hours schedule.

Lab Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fairleigh Dickinson University in January 2011.

basically questioned about the things i kept on my resume. easy going.. should be confident.

Interview Questions

Worked for Fairleigh Dickinson University? Contribute to the Community!