Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Applied online. Contacted via email within 3 days. Setup initial screening interview with HR director via phone (as I am out of state). Resume was forwarded to the division director.

Rooms Division Manager Interview

5 steps - Online assessment, HR director, Department Manager, Department Director, General Manager. Straight forward. Show passion and focus on customer service / problem resolution. Show that you have potential and know about the company, the property, it's comp set, it's guest (group, business, transient). Have lots of examples. Each interview was about 1 hour. Generally people were nice and ready to help. Better to get referred in This was for the San Jose location, which is not the most desirable in terms of the downtown location, etc.

Bellperson Interview

he interview was very easy, but had multiple rounds where they just asked the same questions

Interview Questions
    • Questions about experience are difficult when you have no experience   Answer Question

Engineering Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in April 2014.

It took 2 weeks to hear from them and schedule an interview. The interview was simple and there were some background-based questions. They gave a little history of their work and what they do at the hotel. They described the Engineering Coordinator position, which sounded like a hybrid between administrative assistant and accounts receivables/payables. They also gave me a little background on the hotel's history, which was nice.

Pros: The 2 interviewers were honest about the type of person they needed for the job, which was someone who had no desire to move up. I appreciated the honesty more than anything else.

Con: No career path in this position, unless you wanted to be an engineer; overall, difficulty in moving up in any department.

With headquarters based out in Toronto, Canada, anybody (non-Canadian citizen) who wanted to transfer into corporate would probably have some difficulty in doing so.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you expect to to stay in this position? (A little bit of a background -- they were specifically looking for someone who didn't have any ambitions or goals, which would be difficult for anyone who wanted an actual career)   View Answer

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

On-line application. Interview with three managers.

None.

Sales Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

The director asked me previous experience.

Leadership Development Participant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

On campus recruitment; people were very friendly. Fired a lot of questions. Roughly an hour. Be prepared!

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate people that are older than you?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

1st round is on-campus recruiting or over the telephone. Questions are pretty standard behavioral and hospitality experience-based.

2nd round is over the phone with the HRD from the property where they'll place you. Same type questions as first round, but more conversational. They may ask you to speak with a manager from the department(s) where you'll work.

No negotiation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   View Answer
    Still negotiating regarding time frame

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

Funny story, I apply online from a post on craigslist, it took about more then 1 hour to complete, took this online survey about your skill and knowledge. Once I was done, the application said I needed to redo the online survey again, which I try, but the Fairmont website it stated I already complete the survey, where I was confused and sent in my application without the survey, and sent a email to both the Fairmont and sub contractor who help the fairmont to take the survey. Next day, I got a call and apologize and set up a interview the following day and the interview was easy, but the hiring process took about 3 week plus a week long drug test.

Nope just union postion