Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week, I received a call from their HR coordinator asking to interview me. I interviewed with the HR Director First, then Department Director, Director of Ops and General Manager.

Interview Question – Is it good to make mistakes?   Answer Question

Engineering Coordinator Interview

Engineering Coordinator
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in April 2014.

Interview Details – It took 2 weeks to hear from them and schedule an interview. The interview was simple and there were some background-based questions. They gave a little history of their work and what they do at the hotel. They described the Engineering Coordinator position, which sounded like a hybrid between administrative assistant and accounts receivables/payables. They also gave me a little background on the hotel's history, which was nice.

Pros: The 2 interviewers were honest about the type of person they needed for the job, which was someone who had no desire to move up. I appreciated the honesty more than anything else.

Con: No career path in this position, unless you wanted to be an engineer; overall, difficulty in moving up in any department.

With headquarters based out in Toronto, Canada, anybody (non-Canadian citizen) who wanted to transfer into corporate would probably have some difficulty in doing so.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to to stay in this position? (A little bit of a background -- they were specifically looking for someone who didn't have any ambitions or goals, which would be difficult for anyone who wanted an actual career)   View Answer

Bellperson Interview

Bellperson

Interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Interview Details – he interview was very easy, but had multiple rounds where they just asked the same questions

Interview Question – Questions about experience are difficult when you have no experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Concierge Interview

Concierge
Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – On-line application. Interview with three managers.

Negotiation Details – None.

Cook I Interview

Cook I
Santa Monica, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in person and security accepted my application. About a week and a half later someone from HR contacted me to come in for an interview. The HR director interviewed me first and right after she called the Executive Chef to interview me. We went to the restaurant and he interviewed me for about 5 minutes and asked if I wanted to come back for a stage. I staged two days later and I actually went back the next day for a second stage. 5 days later HR called me to schedule an interview with the General Manager. After another 5 days I got a call and was told I got hired.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected because they were relevant to the position. For a cook, the real test is during the stage, not the interview.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in July 2009.

Interview Details – When i got call back I received a phone interview. It was more of a personality test, really basic questions. The face to face interview was pretty basic. It was strongly focused on customer service. They asked me about different scenarios i had with customers/guests. Things like how to handle and angry guess and resolve customer issues.

Interview Question – If you worked in customer service i feel strongly you wont get caught off guard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically offered me the job at the starting base pay. Went to take a drug test and started soon after.

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – The director asked me previous experience.

Interview Question – Why do you like our hotel   Answer Question

Leadership Development Participant Interview

Leadership Development Participant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment; people were very friendly. Fired a lot of questions. Roughly an hour. Be prepared!

Interview Question – How would you motivate people that are older than you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Question – Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Still negotiating regarding time frame

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
New York, NY

Interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Interview Details – 1st round is on-campus recruiting or over the telephone. Questions are pretty standard behavioral and hospitality experience-based.

2nd round is over the phone with the HRD from the property where they'll place you. Same type questions as first round, but more conversational. They may ask you to speak with a manager from the department(s) where you'll work.

Interview Question – Why Fairmont and not other luxury brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!