Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

www.fairmont.com

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Leadership Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

Interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Interview Details – 1st round is on-campus recruiting or over the telephone. Questions are pretty standard behavioral and hospitality experience-based.

2nd round is over the phone with the HRD from the property where they'll place you. Same type questions as first round, but more conversational. They may ask you to speak with a manager from the department(s) where you'll work.

Interview Question – Why Fairmont and not other luxury brand?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Leadership Development Program

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – Online Assessment. If you clear the online test you are usually contacted by the Recruitment Officer from the Corporate Office. Since I was keen on a Revenue Management Development Program and not done in The Savoy, I was re-directed to the Middle East. However, I was not successful for the Revenue Management Development Program and was suggested to consider the Leadership Development Program in the Rooms Division. After another brief interview with the Director of Human Resources (Middle East, Africa and India) I was told that they do not have any vacancies at the moment. Its been a 1.2 years since the whole process and I am quite surprised that interviews were conducted only to be told that there are no vacancies and that I would be contacted once they open up. I was under the impression that the Leadership Development Program is conducted every year. Anyway, it was the best of experience. I would rather they either made or denied an offer putting an end to the whole process.

Interview Question – What would your strategy be if two hotels in the competition set have a high room tariff?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

Interview Details – I'll try to provide as much details as possible seeing that I was looking for similar insight while applying through this site.

I first applied through Fairmontcareers.com at the Leadership Development Program. It took around 3 months before I got contacted by the local Fairmont to have an interview with them on behalf of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.

The person was extremely pleasant & welcoming. We talked about my background, why I wanted to join Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, what were my previous work & leadership experiences.

About 1 month later, I had a phone interview with a Regional HR Manager, who asked me similar questions, the person was also extremely pleasant & welcoming.

I got contacted shortly after by the HR Manager of a Fairmont who invited me for an interview with the GM, Dept Head & herself.

They were again all welcoming and the interview had similar questions from the two previous ones.

About two months later, I received an offer that I accepted.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leadership Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in March 2012.

Interview Details – After completing an online assessment, I was invited to interview with Fairmont at my university's campus. The interview is separated into 2 parts. The first was a 30 minute interview with 2 HR Managers from a nearby property; the second was a 30 minute interview with the Corporate Recruiter. Questions consisted mainly of situational and behavioral questions. They also reviewed my resume and asked me a few specific questions about those experiences.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!