Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 6, 2015

Royal Phone Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

When you fill out the online application, there is also a personality assessment, which asks many of the same questions over and over again, but in different ways. If you pass the 1st personality assessment, they email you the 2nd one. The 2nd personality assessment is more detailed regarding the job and also your personality. There was also a word problem portion with questions about how many towels are clean if this line in this graph is taller than this other line in the graph, etc. Then there was a a telephone screening. Then an in-person interview with an HR analyst. Then immediately followed by an interview with the front desk manager.

I believe that the I was moving forward in the process until I got to the front desk manager. I believe that I would have continued on, but he decided not to go forward with me, for whatever reason. I thought I interviewed very well, so I believe maybe I wasn't good looking enough for them, even though this is a phone job and I have an excellent phone manner.

The entire process was very quick. I filled out the online application about a week and a half ago, got the email asking me to do the 2nd assessment about a day after that, then got the phone call with the telephone screening about 2 days after that. In person interview took place about a week after the telephone screening, which was 2 interviews in one day. That took place on Friday of last week and I just got the rejection call today (Monday). So all in all very quick, which I appreciate. Especially since they didn't drag out rejecting me. :)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you really "nailed it" with a customer and felt like you went above and beyond to give the guest outstanding service?   1 Answer
    • What is your goal in terms of growth within the organization?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for the Fairmont Hotels?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still negotiating regarding time frame

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Funny story, I apply online from a post on craigslist, it took about more then 1 hour to complete, took this online survey about your skill and knowledge. Once I was done, the application said I needed to redo the online survey again, which I try, but the Fairmont website it stated I already complete the survey, where I was confused and sent in my application without the survey, and sent a email to both the Fairmont and sub contractor who help the fairmont to take the survey. Next day, I got a call and apologize and set up a interview the following day and the interview was easy, but the hiring process took about 3 week plus a week long drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope just union postion

In Room Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I did an internship with Fairmont while I was in school and then apply for a real position after graduation. Since the company knew me already and knew my work style and ability, it didn't take long for the whole hiring process I would say might be one week or two. On the day of interview I spoke with the department head and the division head so total of two interviews. Employees are mostly nice in the company and it's a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer you have encoutered and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, everyone in the same position as mine is paid the same regardless of seniority