Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Interview Details – Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Question – Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Still negotiating regarding time frame

Busser Interview

Busser
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

Interview Details – Funny story, I apply online from a post on craigslist, it took about more then 1 hour to complete, took this online survey about your skill and knowledge. Once I was done, the application said I needed to redo the online survey again, which I try, but the Fairmont website it stated I already complete the survey, where I was confused and sent in my application without the survey, and sent a email to both the Fairmont and sub contractor who help the fairmont to take the survey. Next day, I got a call and apologize and set up a interview the following day and the interview was easy, but the hiring process took about 3 week plus a week long drug test.

Interview Question – Simple question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope just union postion

In Room Dining Interview

In Room Dining
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in October 2011.

Interview Details – I did an internship with Fairmont while I was in school and then apply for a real position after graduation. Since the company knew me already and knew my work style and ability, it didn't take long for the whole hiring process I would say might be one week or two. On the day of interview I spoke with the department head and the division head so total of two interviews. Employees are mostly nice in the company and it's a good place to work.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer you have encoutered and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, everyone in the same position as mine is paid the same regardless of seniority

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Fairmont Hotels & Resorts employees and interview candidates.