Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in January 2013.

Got my review for internship via email. The recruiter was very nice and accommodating. I followed up to two weeks and they respond very quickly. They really will try to place you and they are very accommodating.

Interview Questions
    • Problem in the hospitality industry and discuss the competitive advantage other companies are using to solve the problem   View Answer
    Still negotiating regarding time frame

Busser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in May 2012.

Funny story, I apply online from a post on craigslist, it took about more then 1 hour to complete, took this online survey about your skill and knowledge. Once I was done, the application said I needed to redo the online survey again, which I try, but the Fairmont website it stated I already complete the survey, where I was confused and sent in my application without the survey, and sent a email to both the Fairmont and sub contractor who help the fairmont to take the survey. Next day, I got a call and apologize and set up a interview the following day and the interview was easy, but the hiring process took about 3 week plus a week long drug test.

Nope just union postion

In Room Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts in October 2011.

I did an internship with Fairmont while I was in school and then apply for a real position after graduation. Since the company knew me already and knew my work style and ability, it didn't take long for the whole hiring process I would say might be one week or two. On the day of interview I spoke with the department head and the division head so total of two interviews. Employees are mostly nice in the company and it's a good place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult customer you have encoutered and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    no negotiation, everyone in the same position as mine is paid the same regardless of seniority

Worked for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts? Contribute to the Community!