Fairmont Raffles

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in November 2010.

I talked with the HR Director. She was very nice to me. It basically consisted of standard behavioral questions. I think they put a lot of attention on the leadership skills since it's going to be a 14-month training program in which one will be directed by a senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best team have you ever worked as a part? what was the result of your work?   View Answer
    • What kind of working environment do you prefer?   View Answer

Housekeeper (Part-time) Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in June 2011.

I went into the HR department at my local Fairmont (call the hotel beforehand because there may be a set time during the day when you are allowed to do this). Also definitely go in over just applying online because I'd previously applied online and never heard back. So I went in to hand in my resume and cover letter and the woman at HR asked me which position I was applying for. She looked over my resume very quickly to see if I was qualified and also asked if I spoke French (not mandatory for this position but certainly a bonus for the company). She then gave me a card which had a website for the online behavioural questionnaire which I completed that night at home. This questionnaire is mainly to see if you fit the culture of the organization and have specific qualities they've found their successful (housekeepers) to have. You won't know how you did after. They called me back a few days later to confirm that I wanted to work part-time, spoke French, didn't have any previous summer plans, wasn't going back to school or moving in the fall, didn't have any other commitments, etc. The next day the head of the department called to set up an interview for a couple days later. The interview with the head was very easy and relaxed. Bring your references to this and make sure they're good because they WILL call them all if they're interested in you. A couple days after that they called back set up a second interview with someone in the HR department. This interview was also very short (each about 30 mins) and relaxed but he asked a few more questions. At the end of the interview he offered me the job and got me start filling out some paperwork. I didn't start for a couple weeks after that because they still have to run a criminal record check.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a child staying in the room and had some stuffed animals, what could you do with them?   View Answer
    • Tell me about your job last summer.   View Answer
    There is no negotiating hourly wages, everyone is paid the same but very well.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in February 2011.

Online Gallup personality test after submitting cover letter and resume.
    Attended presentation by Fairmont representatives, as well as a cocktail after for question and answer.
    Those shortlisted then have 2 interviews (half an hour each) with 18 questions from each interviewer with regards to the LDP to answer. Be prepared to give examples on your leadership skills and managerial experiences. Try to display your managerial potential.

Interview Questions
    • What will be the greatest challenge you would face when starting the LDP?   Answer Question
    • What kind of leader are you? What will your ideal manager be like? How well will you get to know your colleagues?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in May 2010.

Interviewing with Human Resources Manager or Assistant Manager, then Departmant Manager, finally Senior Manager. Every interview has different questions in both native language and english. Avarage time for each interview is 15 minutes. Professional and kind interviews done by professional staff.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of management skills you have to become a manager?   View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in April 2010.

Usually, every candidate will receive their online survey before getting an interview. the online survey asking specifically regarding your background and behavioral questions. After you succeed with the first survey, they will call you to schedule an interview. In this real interview, the interview begin with your specific head of department manager. They will have all the question laid out. Thus, you should take your time and think for a best possible answer. If i am not mistaken there are around 10 questions that you must answers. If the manager felt that you qualified , they will ask you to stick around for the second interview with human resources and be finalized whether you are a right candidate or not.

Interview Questions
    • why we should pick you as an applicant instead of other applicants?   Answer Question
    • In a situation within hotel, if there is a guest that requesting a food, what would be your answer to satisfy the request?   Answer Question

Administration Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in March 2010.

First, you send off your application. I highly advise including a cover letter and references.
    ** Be prepared for this job process to take about 1.5- 2 months. It's not McDonalds and you won't be working for them within 2 weeks -- it takes a looooonng time to start working, so be very sure you want to work for them.

Within a few days, you'll get an email giving you a link for a personality test. It's very straighforward and takes a short amount of time. A few weeks after that, you'll get your first call to set up the first interview within the week. During the first interview, they ask the standard questions like:

1) Why do you want to work here?
    2) How did you come by the job ad?
    3) Your last job was [insert last job title] and it's vastly different from the tourism industry. Why work here?
    4) How long do you plan to stay? Why?
    5) Is there anything that could you back from taking this job? (commitments)
    6) (you may get a definition question) What does customer service mean to you?

Then, you get about 3 behavioural questions -- what would you do if this and this happened...etc etc. They finish off the interview with reviewing your references. I highly advise having 3 solid non-personal references because they WILL be called. Guaranteed. At the end of this call, they'll let you know if you passed -- onto the 2nd interview now!

A week or so after this, you get the call for the second interview. It will be with someone different...the questions are more in depth so be prepared and know EXACTLY what you did in your last jobs because you should answer the questions with examples from your life. Don't give generic answers because they'll just prod you for a more in depth answer or question your answer.

1) Why do you want to work here?
    2) How did your schooling/last job prepare you for this job?
    3) Why should we hire you?
    4) What will you be expecting from us?
    5) What type of work environment would make you efficient? What makes a company inefficient?
    6) Do you like working in groups or individually?
    7) What's your communication style?
    8) How have you been creative in your last job? How do you deal with a messy work environment?
    9) How would your last coworkers describe you?
    10) How flexible are you? How would you deal with doing a different job one day as a fill-in?

These questions are phrased somewhat generically but they are very close to what I was asked.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions are included in the interview process section   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in October 2009.

3 telephone interviews followed by another phone skills and personality test

Interview Questions
    • do you head for someone you know or wait to be introduced when you arrive at a party   View Answer

Revenue Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in May 2009.

Part of the interview process is to ask obscure questions like: "How much soap do you use?" - these questions do not have a "right" answer, but rather they are matching your response on the basis of how some of their top employees have responded, thus finding similar traits, thought process and behaviour. It was a bit strange, but just relax and respond authentically. Over thinking the question/response will destroy you.

Interview Questions
    • How much soap do you use? Or Do you wash your hands more often or less often than your co-workers?   View Answer

Senior Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Fairmont Raffles in August 2008.

most all questions were base on EIGRP