Family Christian Stores

2.7

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in August 2013.

I dropped off my resume and was called the next day to have an interview set up. I went in for an interview and was given the job that day.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

store managers usually interview with the DM and possibly the Regional manager. An additional meet and greet with an existing store manager takes sometimes to give you a better idea of what to expect in the position. Pretty standard interview questions, experience etc...

take it or leave it policy with salary, not willing to negotiate at all.

Sales Floor Leader/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Know about world vision, have a passion for customer service, be knowledgeable about some of the products in the store and the rest will follow quickly. Having a background in sales would be really nice as you job depends on the metric that the store has to meet and that each sales associate has to meet in order to keep their job.

little to none.

Flex-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in February 2014.

It was very quick, but nice and friendly. Except just remember to take out any personal earrings or piercings beforehand. And try to cover up any visible tattoos. It is a very conservative establishment and they do not allow employees to have piercings or jewelry.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a good background from previous jobs, cause they will check.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

World Vision was the only thing they focused on. Frist interview was to give me information on World Vision and the second interview was my sell on selling it.

N/A

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in October 2011.

Worked through a recruiter, so the process was rather painless.

Interview Questions
    • Umm, there weren't really any difficult ones that I remember. I do remember that I really liked the boss and senior developer that interviewed me.   View Answer
    Done through a recruiter.

Sales Associate (Partner) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2011.

Got called in for an interview. Answered a lot of questions about how I got along with coworkers and people in general. Called back twice to check if he'd hired anybody. First time hadn't yet, second time he said yes to me. Came in and did paperwork right away. Was working the next Tuesday.

Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2009.

Hiring process at the time was a rather long process. I have to call to inquire about the status of my resume before being asked for an interview. For me it was a quick turn around the process, as I received the call later that day extending the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? At the time most questions I had were related to the strengths and weakness that the other saw in me.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating at the time as it was a position in my line of work.

Desk Job At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

I found the interview process to be somewhat arduous because they schedule you to meet with multiple people over the course I several hours. After I was hired I ended up having very little interaction with many of the people who initially interviewed me! Just felt like overkill. The HR individuals I worked with were great though. Super friendly and communicative.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a specific one however, I was asked several questions that didn't really apply specifically to the role, and seemed to indicate a lack of understanding of the field by the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for pay. Benefits were good.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in June 2009.

Applied online, District Manager contacted me a few days later. Had a face-to-face interview with District Manager, then a phone interview with the Regional VP. Was offered the position a few days later. I had to pass a personality assessment and a background check. Personality test was easy and background check was routine.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. The offer was fair so I accepted.

Worked for Family Christian Stores? Contribute to the Community!