Family Christian Stores

Updated Jul 30, 2014
Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.7

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Christian Stores.

store managers usually interview with the DM and possibly the Regional manager. An additional meet and greet with an existing store manager takes sometimes to give you a better idea of what to expect in the position. Pretty standard interview questions, experience etc...

take it or leave it policy with salary, not willing to negotiate at all.

Sales Floor Leader/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Know about world vision, have a passion for customer service, be knowledgeable about some of the products in the store and the rest will follow quickly. Having a background in sales would be really nice as you job depends on the metric that the store has to meet and that each sales associate has to meet in order to keep their job.

little to none.

Flex-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in February 2014.

It was very quick, but nice and friendly. Except just remember to take out any personal earrings or piercings beforehand. And try to cover up any visible tattoos. It is a very conservative establishment and they do not allow employees to have piercings or jewelry.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you have a good background from previous jobs, cause they will check.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Christian Stores.

World Vision was the only thing they focused on. Frist interview was to give me information on World Vision and the second interview was my sell on selling it.

N/A

Desk Job At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Christian Stores.

I found the interview process to be somewhat arduous because they schedule you to meet with multiple people over the course I several hours. After I was hired I ended up having very little interaction with many of the people who initially interviewed me! Just felt like overkill. The HR individuals I worked with were great though. Super friendly and communicative.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a specific one however, I was asked several questions that didn't really apply specifically to the role, and seemed to indicate a lack of understanding of the field by the hiring manager.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation for pay. Benefits were good.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in August 2013.

I dropped off my resume and was called the next day to have an interview set up. I went in for an interview and was given the job that day.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in May 2012.

One phone interview, more technical behavioral questions. Emphasis on excel knowledge. Then office interview with Controller, Treasurer, and CFO. Very relaxed, basically they are just looking for the right fit.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in October 2011.

Worked through a recruiter, so the process was rather painless.

Interview Questions
    • Umm, there weren't really any difficult ones that I remember. I do remember that I really liked the boss and senior developer that interviewed me.   View Answer
    Done through a recruiter.

Sales Associate (Partner) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2011.

Got called in for an interview. Answered a lot of questions about how I got along with coworkers and people in general. Called back twice to check if he'd hired anybody. First time hadn't yet, second time he said yes to me. Came in and did paperwork right away. Was working the next Tuesday.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2011.

My experience: I went directly into the store to fill out an application. The manager said they weren't hiring at the moment but that I was free to fill out an application. I went ahead and filled it out while I was standing there instead of taking it with me like most do. I turned my application in the month of March. I called back about 2 weeks later to check on my application. The manager said that he would keep my application on file for a year and a half and that when it came time to hire someone, he would pull them out and choose the suitable ones and call multiple people in to interview. In July, I received a call that he was hiring and that he'd like to interview me. I called back the same day and went in to interview the next day by appointment. I arrived ahead of time, wearing a nice, everyday skirt and t-shirt with flip-flops. We went into his office and he started the interview. General question were asked such as my availability and if I was in college, when were my class times, etc. I remember multiple questions about how I got along with people, if I confronted people when I was upset with them, etc., and also if I had ever run a register before. He explained that the position would have multiple positions within itself, meaning my job would be a sales associate as well as a stocker as well as a cashier. He told me he'd be choosing by the next week. I called the next week on the very day he said he'd try to have a decision and he told me that he had not reached a decision yet but should by another day. I called that day and asked him if he had chosen anybody and he told me he had chosen me and asked if I could go ahead and come down to sign my paperwork. I signed that day and he went over the rulebook and what my pay would be, etc. I started that next Tuesday.
    My advice: Fill out your app there. It shows them that you really care about the job. Ask for a phone book if you need to. Ask for a clipboard if you need to. Bring your own pen. Call back to check on your app every few weeks but not too often that you seem annoying. Dress nicely but casually when interviewing. Try not to fidget too much. Honestly answer the questions. Relate previous job experience if you're able to. Relate past experiences if you've never worked before. Shake their hand when first meeting them and also when leaving, shake their hand and thank them for their time and for their consideration of you. Ask when they should approximately have their decision made. Call that day and check on their decision.
    Perceptions: My customers at my FCS can be extremely difficult. Tending to be demanding and not willing to look for anything themselves. You will surely hear a lot of, "Do you have coupons I can use?" (No, you have to have your coupon with you.) and "Where are your Bibles/cards/dvds/music?" (even though there are gigantic signs attached to the ceiling that say where everything is) and also "When will you get more in?" (We don't order things ourselves. Headquarters sees what we have and automatically sends things to us; however, you can special order it.) Also be prepared to phone other stores in your area to hold things for your customer as well as to check SKUs. Depending on your manager, some employees will not work as hard and get away with it. Work culture is not bad. Sometimes our sales goals are unrealistic. Especially for hard times of the year such as right after Christmas when people hold back on their money again.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a problem with another employee, how do you act upon that?   View Answer