Family Christian Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Part-Time Sales Associate
Daytona Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – I dropped off my resume and was called the next day to have an interview set up. I went in for an interview and was given the job that day.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview Details – store managers usually interview with the DM and possibly the Regional manager. An additional meet and greet with an existing store manager takes sometimes to give you a better idea of what to expect in the position. Pretty standard interview questions, experience etc...

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it policy with salary, not willing to negotiate at all.

Sales Floor Leader/Key Holder Interview

Sales Floor Leader/Key Holder
Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview Details – Know about world vision, have a passion for customer service, be knowledgeable about some of the products in the store and the rest will follow quickly. Having a background in sales would be really nice as you job depends on the metric that the store has to meet and that each sales associate has to meet in order to keep their job.

Negotiation Details – little to none.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flex-time Sales Associate Interview

Flex-time Sales Associate
Stone Mountain, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details – It was very quick, but nice and friendly. Except just remember to take out any personal earrings or piercings beforehand. And try to cover up any visible tattoos. It is a very conservative establishment and they do not allow employees to have piercings or jewelry.

Interview Question – Make sure you have a good background from previous jobs, cause they will check.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview Details – World Vision was the only thing they focused on. Frist interview was to give me information on World Vision and the second interview was my sell on selling it.

Interview Question – Discussing my faith!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Worked through a recruiter, so the process was rather painless.

Interview Question – Umm, there weren't really any difficult ones that I remember. I do remember that I really liked the boss and senior developer that interviewed me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Done through a recruiter.

Sales Associate (Partner) Interview

Sales Associate (Partner)
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview. Answered a lot of questions about how I got along with coworkers and people in general. Called back twice to check if he'd hired anybody. First time hadn't yet, second time he said yes to me. Came in and did paperwork right away. Was working the next Tuesday.

Interview Question – "How do you react to difficult people in your life?"   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Help Desk

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in July 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process at the time was a rather long process. I have to call to inquire about the status of my resume before being asked for an interview. For me it was a quick turn around the process, as I received the call later that day extending the job offer.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was if you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? At the time most questions I had were related to the strengths and weakness that the other saw in me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating at the time as it was a position in my line of work.

Desk Job At Corporate Office Interview

Desk Job At Corporate Office
Grand Rapids, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be somewhat arduous because they schedule you to meet with multiple people over the course I several hours. After I was hired I ended up having very little interaction with many of the people who initially interviewed me! Just felt like overkill. The HR individuals I worked with were great though. Super friendly and communicative.

Interview Question – There wasn't a specific one however, I was asked several questions that didn't really apply specifically to the role, and seemed to indicate a lack of understanding of the field by the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for pay. Benefits were good.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Family Christian Stores in June 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, District Manager contacted me a few days later. Had a face-to-face interview with District Manager, then a phone interview with the Regional VP. Was offered the position a few days later. I had to pass a personality assessment and a background check. Personality test was easy and background check was routine.

Interview Question – How do you see using your faith on your job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The offer was fair so I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Christian Stores

Worked for Family Christian Stores? Contribute to the Community!