Family Christian Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Walked into the store and asked about availability of positions and filled out an application form. After submitting it, was told that I would be contacted by the store manager who called to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview lasted about 20-30 minutes and asked basic interview types of questions: reason for applying for the job, why applying to this company, skills, strengths and weaknesses, availability.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview

store managers usually interview with the DM and possibly the Regional manager. An additional meet and greet with an existing store manager takes sometimes to give you a better idea of what to expect in the position. Pretty standard interview questions, experience etc...

Negotiation

take it or leave it policy with salary, not willing to negotiate at all.

Sales Floor Leader/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Know about world vision, have a passion for customer service, be knowledgeable about some of the products in the store and the rest will follow quickly. Having a background in sales would be really nice as you job depends on the metric that the store has to meet and that each sales associate has to meet in order to keep their job.

Negotiation

little to none.

Flex-time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Stone Mountain, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very quick, but nice and friendly. Except just remember to take out any personal earrings or piercings beforehand. And try to cover up any visible tattoos. It is a very conservative establishment and they do not allow employees to have piercings or jewelry.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a good background from previous jobs, cause they will check.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores.

Interview

World Vision was the only thing they focused on. Frist interview was to give me information on World Vision and the second interview was my sell on selling it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Desk Job At Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I found the interview process to be somewhat arduous because they schedule you to meet with multiple people over the course I several hours. After I was hired I ended up having very little interaction with many of the people who initially interviewed me! Just felt like overkill. The HR individuals I worked with were great though. Super friendly and communicative.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't a specific one however, I was asked several questions that didn't really apply specifically to the role, and seemed to indicate a lack of understanding of the field by the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for pay. Benefits were good.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

I dropped off my resume and was called the next day to have an interview set up. I went in for an interview and was given the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Lexington, SC) in September 2012.

Interview

When being interviewed the manager gave background information which was helpful in whether I took the l=job.. I was given a tour of the store and introduced to sll the staff that was there aht dat

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, more technical behavioral questions. Emphasis on excel knowledge. Then office interview with Controller, Treasurer, and CFO. Very relaxed, basically they are just looking for the right fit.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Christian Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter, so the process was rather painless.

Interview Questions

• Umm, there weren't really any difficult ones that I remember. I do remember that I really liked the boss and senior developer that interviewed me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done through a recruiter.