Family Dollar Stores Assist Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.0

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2014.

I have had two interviews with two different store mangers .The process has only to a few weeks. They do wait on the drug testing and back ground to come back .Truly if you are ready to go into management you will be fine in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • There was not any question that was hard. As long as you have the very basic knowledge needed to enter into management.   Answer Question
We are still reviewing the negotiatonasion.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

The first interview was extremely long due to the fact her employee was late. A lot of questions. She was nice though and could not tell me what my base pay was. About 2 days later I interviewed with a dm and got sent to do a drug test. Called a few days later with no definite answer to if I was hired. I then got a call from a different store to come for a interview. She hired me.

Interview Questions
    Experience plays a role in your pay. If you are currently employed just a FYI tell them you make a little more than what you actually make. Don't get extreme with your pay. But they will offer you more if you will be leaving another job to join their team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions
    Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The interview process is simple and short

Interview Questions
    My best line to get me in is, Once i know what I'm doing, im good at what i do, lands me a job everytime

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharon Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharon Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

The interview was a breeze. Although, the current manager had only been there 3 months and didn't at all seem satisfied. Spent plenty of time telling me how low the pay scale was and how hard the work load would be and how few hours I would get. Don't expect overtime. He was seriously trying to talk me into not taking the position? Now that I look back, I think he was threatened.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the standard questions. "What if? What would you do? How would you handle? Tell me about a time... Also, seemed particularly interested in how I would handle shrinkage(employee theft).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2013.

Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
     They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

first put in app and if store really needs you expect a call within 3 days,then 1 on 1 interview if your hired then u have to finish the app on computer at store, then do tests on computer at store then your ready to go.

Interview Questions
    • when ask a question be calm about answering and look eye to eye different mngr ask different questions but expect the unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    always start the bar high when it comes to pay never accept below minimum wage but dont push it either.