Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Test,Questions,talking to me, show me how things operate,walk through store,meeting bosses,paperwork,things on computer,drug test,background check,more paper work,met some of the workers , how they unload trucks, how to operate computer. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you run cash register,public,training etc   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McIntosh, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (McIntosh, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interview by the manager briefly about the duties and the run of the store. The whole time she was watching the store and she had a cashier in training. I gave the manager a detailed description of my experience and I told her I would be available for work immediately. I also made her aware that I live in McIntosh only 10 miles away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any retail experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Aiken, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy great questions. I was asked have I ever supervised anyone, have I ever checked invendors in before, how do I handle a customer complaint, am I willing to work on days, holidays, weekends, describe myself, have I ever deposited money before, and how would i report a team member stealing. Simple and laid back questions.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember but they were simple.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. I was interviewed by store manager and district manager. I was like most job interviews. I was contacted shortly after interview and offered a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Nashville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got called for an interview. The women who called me for the interview didn't even show up. I interviewed with another person that was there and it went great, loved talking to her. She told me she would try to get a hold of the original people that where supposed to interview me and get back to me. I never heard anything from anyone of them again.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Interview

It was an easy casual interview if you have been in retail for a long time. No trick questions. Straight forward. Be honest and the will give you a shot. Show your personal values but always remember that the bottom line is profit and how you are going to make the company money.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was very short and brief. Hiring manager joked with me and said " you've already got the job" when I showed up dressed in a red blouse ( the company's uniform color). He assessed my management skills and after about 15 minutes of questioning he began to show me some of the ins and outs of the store and placed me for training.

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline an insubordinate employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Fairfield, IA) in August 2014.

Interview

Have you meet with manager and talk about previous background of work history. Sometimes might also have to do follow up interview with assistant as well. After doing the interview and the manager offers the position to you. They send you off to a drug screening and it usually takes a day if you go in during the week.

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lafayette, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

it was not professional the manager just called me in and asked how many kids did I have and have I ever worked in this type of business before and I told him yes that I worked at the dollar general and then he looked over my resume and asked me when I could go take a drug screening and gave me the paper and then three days later he called me back and said I was hired

Interview Questions

• did I have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was hired the moment I walked in. Some strange upheaval had occurred. I had on a red shirt and was offered the job. Was told it was 8.50 and hour. No room for negotiation. Even asked about pay for experience and was told 8.50.

Interview Questions

• After I informed them I would have to give my former employer two weeks notice, I was asked what days off I had for the next two weeks, so I could start immediately.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.