Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

1.8

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and a few days later I got called for an interview. The women who called me for the interview didn't even show up. I interviewed with another person that was there and it went great, loved talking to her. She told me she would try to get a hold of the original people that where supposed to interview me and get back to me. I never heard anything from anyone of them again.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I was hired the moment I walked in. Some strange upheaval had occurred. I had on a red shirt and was offered the job. Was told it was 8.50 and hour. No room for negotiation. Even asked about pay for experience and was told 8.50.

Interview Questions
    • After I informed them I would have to give my former employer two weeks notice, I was asked what days off I had for the next two weeks, so I could start immediately.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Easy questions - related to physical abilities and previous jobs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Applied online, was called within a week or two about a job opening... store manager asked me to come in to interview, I agreed. Once getting to the store, store manager took me to the office to interview me, it all lasted less than 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    • I was repeatedly asked if I steal, or would steal for friends... repeatedly. It was so alarming and bothersome, I almost told her to offer the job to someone else. Apparently they have a huge shrink (theft) problem in their stores, but anybody asked if they steal are going to tell you "no" so I don't see how that's a question to spend 15 minutes discussing with someone brand new.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The environment was unprofessional

Interview Questions

the job and the pay were not agreeable to my terms

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Horrible. .was interviewed and hired same day. Didn't receive a call til 3 months later

Promised one amount..given less once on board

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2012.

Online application lengthy and includes quizzes and questionnaires. The interview was conducted by a hiring manager from a corporate office in another states.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions unless you don't do well with math.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Applied online and went in during open house. The interview was very easy and the questions were not hard. The DM stated 'I could start as a store manager'' she would pull my app and start the background checks. I sent her email to follow up and nothing. I called the DM and she set up an interview with a store manager and that was a breeze as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal an unruly customer?   View Answer

I did not feel comfortable with the reply process and by the time, they go back to me I had two other offers, both with more money.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2013.

I went online to apply. I was called in and interviewed by the store manager. The store was clean and the employees were friendly. I received a call back saying that I had to meet with the AOM of the store for a second interview. I arrived and met with the AOM in the office and was pleased with the interview and was told I had the job that day in a matter of minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me was about my children, I was asked how many and how old they were. I suppose usually that I wouldn't have answered that question, but because I was comfortable with the interviewer and the fact that I was sure about receiving the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

You receive a phone cal and pay is discussed then setup initial interview. Then you will receive a call to interview with district manager. The DM will send you for drug test, then they will arrange for your to start training when the drug test comes back. These are very easy interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!