Family Dollar Stores Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy process. I was interviewed by store manager and district manager. I was like most job interviews. I was contacted shortly after interview and offered a job.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Interview

It was an easy casual interview if you have been in retail for a long time. No trick questions. Straight forward. Be honest and the will give you a shot. Show your personal values but always remember that the bottom line is profit and how you are going to make the company money.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was very short and brief. Hiring manager joked with me and said " you've already got the job" when I showed up dressed in a red blouse ( the company's uniform color). He assessed my management skills and after about 15 minutes of questioning he began to show me some of the ins and outs of the store and placed me for training.

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline an insubordinate employee?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Nashville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got called for an interview. The women who called me for the interview didn't even show up. I interviewed with another person that was there and it went great, loved talking to her. She told me she would try to get a hold of the original people that where supposed to interview me and get back to me. I never heard anything from anyone of them again.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I was hired the moment I walked in. Some strange upheaval had occurred. I had on a red shirt and was offered the job. Was told it was 8.50 and hour. No room for negotiation. Even asked about pay for experience and was told 8.50.

Interview Questions

• After I informed them I would have to give my former employer two weeks notice, I was asked what days off I had for the next two weeks, so I could start immediately.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Easy questions - related to physical abilities and previous jobs

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chesapeake, VA).

Interview

Applied online, was called within a week or two about a job opening... store manager asked me to come in to interview, I agreed. Once getting to the store, store manager took me to the office to interview me, it all lasted less than 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• I was repeatedly asked if I steal, or would steal for friends... repeatedly. It was so alarming and bothersome, I almost told her to offer the job to someone else. Apparently they have a huge shrink (theft) problem in their stores, but anybody asked if they steal are going to tell you "no" so I don't see how that's a question to spend 15 minutes discussing with someone brand new.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The environment was unprofessional

Interview Questions

the job and the pay were not agreeable to my terms

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Horrible. .was interviewed and hired same day. Didn't receive a call til 3 months later

Negotiation

Promised one amount..given less once on board

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Applied online and went in during open house. The interview was very easy and the questions were not hard. The DM stated 'I could start as a store manager'' she would pull my app and start the background checks. I sent her email to follow up and nothing. I called the DM and she set up an interview with a store manager and that was a breeze as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal an unruly customer?   1 Answer

I did not feel comfortable with the reply process and by the time, they go back to me I had two other offers, both with more money.