Family Dollar Stores

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Question – They were all easy questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Sharon Hill, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was a breeze. Although, the current manager had only been there 3 months and didn't at all seem satisfied. Spent plenty of time telling me how low the pay scale was and how hard the work load would be and how few hours I would get. Don't expect overtime. He was seriously trying to talk me into not taking the position? Now that I look back, I think he was threatened.

Interview Question – Asked the standard questions. "What if? What would you do? How would you handle? Tell me about a time... Also, seemed particularly interested in how I would handle shrinkage(employee theft).   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – submitted an online app, which is not tied to the store managers hiring process. can only apply in person. i handed my resume to the manager , made an impression, was given an interview on the spot, and hired a few days later. the questions are basic, mostly moral questions with some problem solving.

Interview Question – describe why youre interested/ right for the position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pay is non negotiable- its always trash barely minimum wage even for management. do not recommend this job, even if it is very easy to get.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2013.

Interview Details – Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions

Keenesburg, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring was a breaz, just stay calm and pretty much anyone can get a job. Not always a good thing.

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple and short

Interview Question – No question was unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My best line to get me in is, Once i know what I'm doing, im good at what i do, lands me a job everytime

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
 They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Interview Question – No question was difficult   Answer Question

Assist Store Manager Interview

Assist Store Manager
Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2012.

Interview Details – My initial communication was with a Store Manager on site. I applied on line and then followed up by visiting the store where I applied. The Store Manager liked my qualifications and highly recommended me to the District Manager. Once I was finally able to interview with the District Manager, I was immediately hired upon completion of a family vacation.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questons, The intervew was pretty standard, very comfortable mixed with business and personal conversation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation as the offer was in the area of what I was willing to accept, based on a 40 hour work week.

Goodlettsville, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2009.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview to get hired on (of course) which was very simple and pleasant and within a year is when I got moved up to Asst Mgr which was a 2nd interview with our Corporate office which also was very nice and pleasant.

Negotiation Details – How I felt about different situations that would occur inside the store..

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – first put in app and if store really needs you expect a call within 3 days,then 1 on 1 interview if your hired then u have to finish the app on computer at store, then do tests on computer at store then your ready to go.

Interview Question – when ask a question be calm about answering and look eye to eye different mngr ask different questions but expect the unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – always start the bar high when it comes to pay never accept below minimum wage but dont push it either.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!