Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick andcthe manager gave me a lot of information about the position. The store did have items all over I completely understood that because they were still doing a store reset.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Springfield, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the Store Manger, and one with the District Manager. The Store Manager asked routine questions about my qualifications, and ran through some expectations. The interview was about 15 minutes long. The District Manager then interviewed me, but she really didn't ask about me at all. She spent the 30 minutes we shared telling me what type of leader she was, how long she had been with the company and her future goals. I felt in both instances that I was more qualified as a leader than both of the interviewers. I felt that both leaders were unprofessional in dialog and presented themselves poorly.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to lift up to 40 lbs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lewiston, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

First time I applied I and withdrew from the goal day interview. 2nd time I applied and received a phone interview which lasted up to 20.minutes from another store manager in the district. It's was pleasant and thorough though it was hard to make myself look good with the questions asked. One question I would of ask is tell me a difficult customer experience and how did you deal with the situation. It's been 3 weeks now, and no word, I saw it has been posted. So still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other retail or pharmacy experience managing employees.   1 Answer
    • Tell me what shrink is?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions

• is it okay to steal a candy bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2014.

Interview

I have had two interviews with two different store mangers .The process has only to a few weeks. They do wait on the drug testing and back ground to come back .Truly if you are ready to go into management you will be fine in the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was not any question that was hard. As long as you have the very basic knowledge needed to enter into management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We are still reviewing the negotiatonasion.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The first interview was extremely long due to the fact her employee was late. A lot of questions. She was nice though and could not tell me what my base pay was. About 2 days later I interviewed with a dm and got sent to do a drug test. Called a few days later with no definite answer to if I was hired. I then got a call from a different store to come for a interview. She hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experience plays a role in your pay. If you are currently employed just a FYI tell them you make a little more than what you actually make. Don't get extreme with your pay. But they will offer you more if you will be leaving another job to join their team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Midlothian, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions

• They were all easy questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Short and not very professional, the interview was held in the back of the store in their tiny little office, which was crowded and dirty. They weren't too organized and it took over two months to actually get hired and to start working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What's your salary requirements? Asking questions on problem solving with customers and coworkers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed, they already have a circle of hourly starting pay in mind, that was $10.00 to 12.00 per hour to start. They also have no pay increases in place. Everything is contingent on the store and how much money it makes, and also the inventory plays a large part in possibly getting a raise. Their is a lot of theft in Family Dollar, but they didn't really seem to care much about that, just the bottom pay line. This is not a company that I would ever recommend to work at, unless your a young person of the age of 21 or younger!