Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.0

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions

• is it okay to steal a candy bar?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2014.

Interview

I have had two interviews with two different store mangers .The process has only to a few weeks. They do wait on the drug testing and back ground to come back .Truly if you are ready to go into management you will be fine in the interview.

Interview Questions

• There was not any question that was hard. As long as you have the very basic knowledge needed to enter into management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We are still reviewing the negotiatonasion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The first interview was extremely long due to the fact her employee was late. A lot of questions. She was nice though and could not tell me what my base pay was. About 2 days later I interviewed with a dm and got sent to do a drug test. Called a few days later with no definite answer to if I was hired. I then got a call from a different store to come for a interview. She hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Experience plays a role in your pay. If you are currently employed just a FYI tell them you make a little more than what you actually make. Don't get extreme with your pay. But they will offer you more if you will be leaving another job to join their team.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Midlothian, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions

• They were all easy questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The interview process is simple and short

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My best line to get me in is, Once i know what I'm doing, im good at what i do, lands me a job everytime

Anonymous Employee in Sharon Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Sharon Hill, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was a breeze. Although, the current manager had only been there 3 months and didn't at all seem satisfied. Spent plenty of time telling me how low the pay scale was and how hard the work load would be and how few hours I would get. Don't expect overtime. He was seriously trying to talk me into not taking the position? Now that I look back, I think he was threatened.

Interview Questions

• Asked the standard questions. "What if? What would you do? How would you handle? Tell me about a time... Also, seemed particularly interested in how I would handle shrinkage(employee theft).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Norristown, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews. One with store manager and the second with the district manager. Both were very easy, sent for drug testing immediately after 2nd interview, same day. Was called 3 days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with customers?
      Do you have experience with teaching and coaching employees?

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions