Family Dollar Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.0

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midlothian, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions
    Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sharon Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sharon Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2014.

The interview was a breeze. Although, the current manager had only been there 3 months and didn't at all seem satisfied. Spent plenty of time telling me how low the pay scale was and how hard the work load would be and how few hours I would get. Don't expect overtime. He was seriously trying to talk me into not taking the position? Now that I look back, I think he was threatened.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the standard questions. "What if? What would you do? How would you handle? Tell me about a time... Also, seemed particularly interested in how I would handle shrinkage(employee theft).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

submitted an online app, which is not tied to the store managers hiring process. can only apply in person. i handed my resume to the manager , made an impression, was given an interview on the spot, and hired a few days later. the questions are basic, mostly moral questions with some problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • describe why youre interested/ right for the position   View Answer
    pay is non negotiable- its always trash barely minimum wage even for management. do not recommend this job, even if it is very easy to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2013.

Easy Interview, Basic walk arond of the store and rundown of the position, not alot of question that are really out of the ballpark so to speak just your basic standard interview questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Keenesburg, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keenesburg, CO

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2012.

Hiring was a breaz, just stay calm and pretty much anyone can get a job. Not always a good thing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The interview process is simple and short

Interview Questions
    My best line to get me in is, Once i know what I'm doing, im good at what i do, lands me a job everytime

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.

I was sent to a location where the interview was conducted
     They questioned my flexibility and integrity etc etc. How capable i was of doing the job etc etc. Interview went well. I got the position of assistant store manager. Not happy with senior management. Need to do more to improve efficiency in stores.

Assist Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lehigh Acres, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehigh Acres, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2012.

My initial communication was with a Store Manager on site. I applied on line and then followed up by visiting the store where I applied. The Store Manager liked my qualifications and highly recommended me to the District Manager. Once I was finally able to interview with the District Manager, I was immediately hired upon completion of a family vacation.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questons, The intervew was pretty standard, very comfortable mixed with business and personal conversation.   View Answer
    There was really no negotiation as the offer was in the area of what I was willing to accept, based on a 40 hour work week.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!