Family Dollar Stores

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – It was a short 5-10 minute interview. Basic "tell me about a time when" type questions. Nothing unexpected, just straight to the point. Friendly easy going atmosphere with just the Manager.

Interview Question – Why should i hire you over someone else?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Question – Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview Details – the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Very Easy Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Mount Oliver, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2013.

Interview Details – N/A

Negotiation Details – Based on a comination of education and availabiity

Tulsa, OK

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2012.

Interview Details – You need to put detail career experience information. In addition, you need to have a flexible work schedule in order to be considered for the position. Lastly, you need to past the drug test in order to be hired.

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation.

Stedman, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2012.

Interview Details – Easy and very short just had to take a test and pass and i had the job plus i already had exp.
under me which made it a faster process but over all it was a very easy short hiring and interview process

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions it was very easy and short process   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got called a couple weeks after i submitted an online application to set up an appointment for interview. Showed up at the appointed time for interview and manager wasn't there so had to reschedule. did interview, fairly simple but had mix up about paperwork. so had to come back a second time.

Interview Question – why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online

Interview Question – Did not receive an interview in person   Answer Question

Anson, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2013.

Interview Details – You are given a background check and drug test in the store immediately following interview if management wants to hire you. If you want to be hire no matter what, you must put on application that you are available every single day and schedule, even though you are going to be hired part time.

Interview Question – Are you available every day or shift?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hourly rate is not negotiable.

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!