Family Dollar Stores

Updated Jun 10, 2014

1.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

It was a short 5-10 minute interview. Basic "tell me about a time when" type questions. Nothing unexpected, just straight to the point. Friendly easy going atmosphere with just the Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Oliver, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Oliver, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2013.

N/A

Based on a comination of education and availabiity

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2013.

Got called a couple weeks after i submitted an online application to set up an appointment for interview. Showed up at the appointed time for interview and manager wasn't there so had to reschedule. did interview, fairly simple but had mix up about paperwork. so had to come back a second time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2013.

You are given a background check and drug test in the store immediately following interview if management wants to hire you. If you want to be hire no matter what, you must put on application that you are available every single day and schedule, even though you are going to be hired part time.

Interview Questions
    Hourly rate is not negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2012.

Basic interview questions, extremely easy. Asks about past work experience, reliable transportation, tells you how much you'll be paid, and that's about it. After the interview, the manager will bring you to the checkout and explain the cash register functions briefly. Then you do a quick personality test on the store computer, and then they had me take a drug test right there in the bathroom.

Said when my first day was and the time and how much I'd be paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stedman, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stedman, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2012.

Easy and very short just had to take a test and pass and i had the job plus i already had exp.
    under me which made it a faster process but over all it was a very easy short hiring and interview process

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected questions it was very easy and short process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2012.

You need to put detail career experience information. In addition, you need to have a flexible work schedule in order to be considered for the position. Lastly, you need to past the drug test in order to be hired.

There was no salary negotiation.