Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't much of an interview at all. I came in and the manager basically talked about herself and the company the whole time. Prior to the interview I looked at reviews on Glassdoor and already knew some of the things she talked about. I wasn't asked anything about abilities or prior experience. She looked at my application for two seconds and handed me a paper about drug testing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Called the store a few days after applying. The store manager then looked up my application and scheduled an interview. Easy interview. Offered a job contingent on drug test and background check right after the interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was a short 5-10 minute interview. Basic "tell me about a time when" type questions. Nothing unexpected, just straight to the point. Friendly easy going atmosphere with just the Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Questions

• Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Inkster, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Oliver, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Mount Oliver, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

N/A

Negotiation

Based on a comination of education and availabiity