Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

It was a short 5-10 minute interview. Basic "tell me about a time when" type questions. Nothing unexpected, just straight to the point. Friendly easy going atmosphere with just the Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2014.

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Oliver, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Oliver, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2013.

N/A

Based on a comination of education and availabiity

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2013.

Got called a couple weeks after i submitted an online application to set up an appointment for interview. Showed up at the appointed time for interview and manager wasn't there so had to reschedule. did interview, fairly simple but had mix up about paperwork. so had to come back a second time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anson, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2013.

You are given a background check and drug test in the store immediately following interview if management wants to hire you. If you want to be hire no matter what, you must put on application that you are available every single day and schedule, even though you are going to be hired part time.

Interview Questions
    Hourly rate is not negotiable.