Family Dollar Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online then called everyday for two weeks until the store manager finally asked me to come in for a interview. I research the company as usual before going on to be interviewed. When I arrived the manager was working the cash register and highly upset because her cashier didn't show up. It worked well in my favor , I gave her my resume and told her about myself and previous experience as listed on my resume. She was trying to conduct a interview along with run her store with customers purchasing items. She apologized for multi tasking, asked if I could pass a drug test and handed me a urine cup. I got home and thought the interview went well. She gave me a call said I passed the drug test n when to start, bring I.d , social. I was promoted within 6 months to assist manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? How often are you late for events or school? How motivated are you to work? Can you pass a drug test? Are you a hard worker? Etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Employee in Litchfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Litchfield, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in one day did my interview went back the nest day and did my drug test then within three days I knew I got hired. When asked if I had any questions I said when can I start and laughed. The interview process was fairly laid back and relaxed I'm very excited to be part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work all the way in Litchfield??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't much of an interview at all. I came in and the manager basically talked about herself and the company the whole time. Prior to the interview I looked at reviews on Glassdoor and already knew some of the things she talked about. I wasn't asked anything about abilities or prior experience. She looked at my application for two seconds and handed me a paper about drug testing.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Called the store a few days after applying. The store manager then looked up my application and scheduled an interview. Easy interview. Offered a job contingent on drug test and background check right after the interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

It was a short 5-10 minute interview. Basic "tell me about a time when" type questions. Nothing unexpected, just straight to the point. Friendly easy going atmosphere with just the Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

They asked me about high school and overcoming something difficult in my life.

Interview Questions

• Would you tell on co worker if they were breaking store policy in your presence.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

the interview wasn't formal i applied and i got the job

Anonymous Employee in Inkster, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Inkster, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question