Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC

3.2

Private Brands Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2012.

I interviewed for the Private Brands Associate position with Family Dollar and pretty much I was the one that asked questions. The people were nice but they mainly just asked about my experience and how that fit into the job. Ultimately I didn't get hired but I didn't feel it was because I had a bad interview, someone else just have more relevant experience.

Very upfront and straightforward. The people were very casual and kept asking me if I had questions. I talked to three different people for about 30 minutes each and one of the people I talked to just wanted me to ask them any questions I had about the job the whole time. So make sure you have questions for them! I had questions but not nearly enough to fill up 30 minutes of time. Hours would be 8-5, not too bad and pay was decent. Would have been a good job and I definitely will reapply for a job with them in the future.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with private brands?   View Answer

Sourcing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.

Very professional and complete. Recruiter asked all the right questions and covered all ground necessary to qualify. The recruiter answered all my questions and took alot of time to finish the job and make me not felt rushed or herded along and rushed. The areobviously well trained and polished to do the job well.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2009.

This was a very difficult interview at the Corporate Office of Famiy Dollar. The panel interview consisted of individuals on the team I was interviewing for. They immediately made me feel inferior by touting all of their qualifications and downplaying mine. I felt as though they were looking down their noses at me the whole time and they made absolutely no attempts to make me feel comfortable. After I finished the presentation portion of my interview, the hiring manager walked out without acknowledging me. Yes, I realized afterwards that I was underqualified for the job at that point in my career, but they were the ones who called me in for an interview so I at least expected to be treated with a little bit of respect.

Interview Questions
    • There were no actual questions posed. They described the job, talked about why they were awesome at it, then told me why I would suck at it.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2008.

Family Dollar is a great company that support diversity from the management staff down to the hourly employee. The interview process was very professional. The phone interview and the face to face interview was very informative. There were serveral bahavorial questions to confirm my management experience and customer services skills.