Family Dollar Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – submitted an online app, which is not tied to the store managers hiring process. can only apply in person. i handed my resume to the manager , made an impression, was given an interview on the spot, and hired a few days later. the questions are basic, mostly moral questions with some problem solving.

Interview Question – describe why youre interested/ right for the position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pay is non negotiable- its always trash barely minimum wage even for management. do not recommend this job, even if it is very easy to get.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Harvey, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews, with 3 different managers at 3 different stores. The interviews were easy, not many questions, it was more of them telling you what they expect. I can promise by the 3rd interview I knew exactly what they expected. Anywho, I'd been passed around by the DM and it was definitely a process, but the deal is sealed. I only have some paperwork to do and transfer from the store I intentionally was supposed to work...

Interview Question – What can you do to help me at this store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay rate. As I was making 12.50 at my old job I was told to take no less than 10

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Waukegan, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – met with DM.,hired as SMIT sent to train with store manager about to be demoted. How do you think that went?!?

Interview Question – what do you think of this store   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – nothing negotiable, this company will lie to get you in the door and then set you up to fail (my experience)

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Lansing, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2009.

Interview Details – The beginning of the interview process was not very organized. The company apparently has two different application programs and the interviewer could not access our info if we did not use the proper application online. My first interview was held by a store manager that has been with the company one year. She became a training manager as well and began to tell me about the job. I was shocked when she told me that she had some incompetent employees...she had been given one employee 3 hrs per week in hopes that he would quit!! She kept stating the job is very hard, theft is a huge problem, and she has to work 60+ hour weeks. I have only gone to take my drug test so I have not been offered a position yet. I am really not sure if I will take the job if offered. I would need at least $42k per year just to deal with the reviews I have seen about FD management careers.

Interview Question – How many employees have you managed in the past?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Dollar Stores interview questions and advice in Chicago, IL. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Family Dollar Stores employees and interview candidates.