Family Dollar Stores

1.8

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

It was simple .Filled out the application and went in the next day for an interview. I got called back on 2 weeks and got the job.The manerger really didn't ask too many questions it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your last position.What skills di you use there that you may be able to apply here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

submitted an online app, which is not tied to the store managers hiring process. can only apply in person. i handed my resume to the manager , made an impression, was given an interview on the spot, and hired a few days later. the questions are basic, mostly moral questions with some problem solving.

Interview Questions
    • describe why youre interested/ right for the position   View Answer
    pay is non negotiable- its always trash barely minimum wage even for management. do not recommend this job, even if it is very easy to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in December 2012.

I went through 3 interviews, with 3 different managers at 3 different stores. The interviews were easy, not many questions, it was more of them telling you what they expect. I can promise by the 3rd interview I knew exactly what they expected. Anywho, I'd been passed around by the DM and it was definitely a process, but the deal is sealed. I only have some paperwork to do and transfer from the store I intentionally was supposed to work...

Interview Questions
    • What can you do to help me at this store?   View Answer
    Pay rate. As I was making 12.50 at my old job I was told to take no less than 10

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2011.

met with DM.,hired as SMIT sent to train with store manager about to be demoted. How do you think that went?!?

Interview Questions
    nothing negotiable, this company will lie to get you in the door and then set you up to fail (my experience)

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lansing, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2009.

The beginning of the interview process was not very organized. The company apparently has two different application programs and the interviewer could not access our info if we did not use the proper application online. My first interview was held by a store manager that has been with the company one year. She became a training manager as well and began to tell me about the job. I was shocked when she told me that she had some incompetent employees...she had been given one employee 3 hrs per week in hopes that he would quit!! She kept stating the job is very hard, theft is a huge problem, and she has to work 60+ hour weeks. I have only gone to take my drug test so I have not been offered a position yet. I am really not sure if I will take the job if offered. I would need at least $42k per year just to deal with the reviews I have seen about FD management careers.