Family Dollar Stores

www.familydollar.com

Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – I was not too impressed with the women who interviewed me. She admitted right off that interviews were not her strong point and seemed confused throughout the interview. She hadn't a clue what the stating hourly wage was and had to call her DM leaving me to sit in the office by myself for about 10 mins.

The interview itself was simple, no questions out if the ordinary, nothing to challenging to answer.

Interview Question – None were really difficult, she did ask me what I wanted out of a supervisor. Thats the only question that caught me off guard a bit.   Answer Question

New Castle, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.

Interview Details – After successfully completing an online application to the store of your choosing, you will be called for an interview based upon your application assessment score and the store's need for workers. In most cases there is only one interview. The Store manager will call you end for an interview based on past job experiences, and the skills and abilities you as an applicant possess.

Some Sample Interview questions are:
1. Do you have open availability/ how many hours are you able to work a week?
2. Are you able to work nights and weekends?
3. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
4. Are you willing to work holidays?
5. What experience do you have working in a retail environment?
6. Are you comfortable working with difficult customers?

*The key to being considered for the job is to answer YES to all the questions and be prepared to justify your answer. Dress professionally for the interview as you would with any employer. Show enthusiasm, energy, and interest in the job, if you really want it.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict situations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, Negotiation wasn't offered.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – Lengthy online application/ test. Received phone call to set up interview next day. The interviewer was polite. I was very surprised there were so many interview questions. The job has too many things going on and responsibility for such a low wage -8.25.(with 10yrs experience) I may take it at 9 but I want to warn others this position seems to be cashier, un-loader, stocker. I went to review job descrip. again and even though it states full time on website, it is any scheduled hours to "fill in". NO breaks or lunch 5-9 hours shifts!!* http://www.twc.state.tx.us/

The location also just recently had a robbery(info. not disclosed but found out myself )
 The cashier was not coming back.(probably fired as other reviews state).

If i receive a call back, I don't know if I will take it. No job security LITERALLY!
By the time I pay for gas,food,uniform I won't have anything left. Especially with such little hours. I cant sneak to eat. I have to eat,drink,bathroom break. This is slave labor. The company needs to revise their pay schedules and put a cap so everyone is paid fairly. Try fixing up the stores a little too for both shopper and employee.

*********Remember all potential/current employees are customers at some point and need to be respected.

Interview Question – (not hard) but Many interview questions I couldn't remember them all:
how did u go above and beyond to help a customer
how did u handle a rude customer
what happened to you receiving bad customer service
have you had a problem with management
why i wanted to work there
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not received an answer yet but I was honest and feel it was not fully reciprocated. I don't think I will accept. Slight chance if offered higher wage.

Visalia, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – I Applied online, After a week or so i got an email saying that they had schedule an internview and i had to call and set up a time after i did the group interview with a district manager and with other applicants they chose three applicant and i was offer the job with a little more then minium wage.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $8.15

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2011.

Interview Details – The store manager called me in for an interview the next day. It was really quick and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you handle a conflict?   Answer Question

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!