Family Dollar Stores Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

1.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I was called in for an interview, then told to come back the next day because they made a mistake and one of the people that needed to be at the interview was not there. Spoke with the manager and she did not know if I was there for a customer service representative or a assistant manager. The advertisement stated full-time and I was told it would only be 20 to 25 hours a week.

Interview Questions
  • Are you available 365 days a year because they are open on all holidays.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Very easy interview. Minimum questions. Had to take drug test that day and had to complete a background check. She was very nice and i knew i had the hob before leaving. I like the store. Interveiw was less than 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2015.

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    If you have experience they will negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Did application job fair simple
    Took drug test everything based on background check will receive call about day to open new store waiting to hear back from manager very easy interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

I Applied Online.
    Contacted by a Store Manager via phone call for an interview.
    Arrived at the store + met with the store manager. She had a folder w| my application and interview questions.
    Aced interview, received offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Family Dollar?
      Availability?
      What did you like least/most about your last job?
      A time where you provided excellent Customer Service?

Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Visalia, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2014.

I came in 15 minutes early and after about 5 minutes the manager finally shook my hand and took me to the interview room. He seemed a bit preoccupied since only 2 people work in the store at a time. The interview went great, although the interviewer was hard to understand on occasion. He asked me tons of questions that weren't even on the question sheet. It was like having a conversation with your friend. We talked about both liking art and tons of tangents. My interview went so well (i thought), it extended into someone else's interview time slot. The manager told me he had more interviews, but would be calling me in for a second interview the next day. I shook his hand and we walked out then he greeted the other interviewee. I waited and never got a call back. Called back for follow up a week or so later and he said they were still determining the position.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me about certain things I knew how to do, like set up displays and displaying merchandise, but used technical terms I didn't understand. Once they were defined I told him I could do all the tasks asked.
      Why do you want to work for family dollar?

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I was not too impressed with the women who interviewed me. She admitted right off that interviews were not her strong point and seemed confused throughout the interview. She hadn't a clue what the stating hourly wage was and had to call her DM leaving me to sit in the office by myself for about 10 mins.

The interview itself was simple, no questions out if the ordinary, nothing to challenging to answer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult, she did ask me what I wanted out of a supervisor. Thats the only question that caught me off guard a bit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

they basically just want you to have customer service experience people there normally work there for a long time there is no point at staying at that job not good pay are hours and long term not very stable it is a ok 2nd job for part time but that about it

they tell you your salary

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Lengthy online application/ test. Received phone call to set up interview next day. The interviewer was polite. I was very surprised there were so many interview questions. The job has too many things going on and responsibility for such a low wage -8.25.(with 10yrs experience) I may take it at 9 but I want to warn others this position seems to be cashier, un-loader, stocker. I went to review job descrip. again and even though it states full time on website, it is any scheduled hours to "fill in". NO breaks or lunch 5-9 hours shifts!!* http://www.twc.state.tx.us/

The location also just recently had a robbery(info. not disclosed but found out myself )
     The cashier was not coming back.(probably fired as other reviews state).

If i receive a call back, I don't know if I will take it. No job security LITERALLY!
    By the time I pay for gas,food,uniform I won't have anything left. Especially with such little hours. I cant sneak to eat. I have to eat,drink,bathroom break. This is slave labor. The company needs to revise their pay schedules and put a cap so everyone is paid fairly. Try fixing up the stores a little too for both shopper and employee.

*********Remember all potential/current employees are customers at some point and need to be respected.

Interview Questions
    • (not hard) but Many interview questions I couldn't remember them all:
      how did u go above and beyond to help a customer
      how did u handle a rude customer
      what happened to you receiving bad customer service
      have you had a problem with management
      why i wanted to work there

Answer Question

I have not received an answer yet but I was honest and feel it was not fully reciprocated. I don't think I will accept. Slight chance if offered higher wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2012.

Quite possibly my easiest interview ever. My store manager talked on and on about her life. The only thing they care about is availability and can you keep in eye out for theft. I took a drug test on the spot. It took only a couple of days before I was called back and offered the job, began working the week after.

No negotiation