Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Dollar Stores
- Store Manager (47)
- Assistant Store Manager (26)
- Assistant Manager (25)
- Cashier (25)
- Customer Service Representative (15)
- Sales Associate (8)
- Replenishment Buyer (6)
- District Manager (5)
- Manager (5)
- Temporary Customer Service Representative (4)
- Store Clerk (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Marketing Analyst (2)
- Associate (Cashier) (2)
- I Thought Assistant Store Manager Turned Out I Was Interviewing for A Freaking Cashier Position (1)
- Jefferson County School Systems (1)
- Helped Set Up the Store (1)
- Assist Store Manager (1)
- Set Up (1)
- Demographic Researcher (1)
- "Senior" Level Position (Operations) (1)
- Set Up Crew (1)
- Producton (1)
- Private Brands Associate (1)
- Temporary Customer Service (1)
- Retail Store Performance Manager (1)
- Easy Interview Process (1)
- Customer Service Representative/Assistant (1)
- Transportation Coordinator (1)
- Finance (1)
District Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2013.
Called by a recruiter who saw resume on Monster. Asked a few questions on resume, few technical questions, and asked what I was looking for (typical HR screening). Then spoke with Regional Manager for follow-up, more on experiences and accomplishment. Detailed interview with business metrics/mentality for aknowledge base. Highly interested in ways to better company culture (staffing/retention) and ways to increase sales. Then follow-up interviews with HR manager and LP. Finally flew out to area hub for interview panel of GVP and regional manager. Offer made same day.
Comprehensive package including full RELO w/lump sum payment included. Negotiated on start date only due to move.
Other Interview Reviews for Family Dollar Stores
District Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2011.
Phone interview with corporate recruiter, then interviewed with panel consisting of RVP, two LP one of which could barely keep awake, and one DM who is more qualified to be the RVP, then met again with RVP & another DM, then flown to NC for one on one interview each with HR & DVP. Seemed a bit disorganized and very repetitive at times.
- Basic questions at panel level. Be prepared to answer about how you hold people accountable, how you have terminated people, and about your loss prevention skills & shrink reduction. Answer Question
No negotiation had to take the lower than expected pay offered.
District Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2008.
There was an extensive on-line personality test and a difficult math portion. Also, had reading comprehension. This was timed and was very challenging to finish with the time given. Had a 3panel interview, which you had to wait at least 50 minutes. They had you sit sit down and just fired the interview questions at you. Had 2 phone interviews and 2, 1:1.
You can negotiate slightly on salary and can negotiate well on vacation time if you don't reach your desired salary.
District Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in June 2010.
DM interviewes all canidates for assistant manager and store manager, every DM is different in what they are looking for, some do hire store managers from outside the company, others fill the position from within
- What can you bring to the company Answer Question
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?
District Manager InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in May 2009.
I applied twice for the same position and this worked for me.
- Walk me through your resume and tell me why you are the right person for this position. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review