Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online then called everyday for two weeks until the store manager finally asked me to come in for a interview. I research the company as usual before going on to be interviewed. When I arrived the manager was working the cash register and highly upset because her cashier didn't show up. It worked well in my favor , I gave her my resume and told her about myself and previous experience as listed on my resume. She was trying to conduct a interview along with run her store with customers purchasing items. She apologized for multi tasking, asked if I could pass a drug test and handed me a urine cup. I got home and thought the interview went well. She gave me a call said I passed the drug test n when to start, bring I.d , social. I was promoted within 6 months to assist manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself? How often are you late for events or school? How motivated are you to work? Can you pass a drug test? Are you a hard worker? Etc.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Warren, MI).

Interview

Easy interview but I felt it was unnecessary for the type of job that I was applying for. It was a sales job and it involved checking out customers and helping them with products and complaints. It was customer service and sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Litchfield, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Litchfield, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

I went in one day did my interview went back the nest day and did my drug test then within three days I knew I got hired. When asked if I had any questions I said when can I start and laughed. The interview process was fairly laid back and relaxed I'm very excited to be part of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to work all the way in Litchfield??   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Very approachable and friendly. I already felt like part of the team. I got a call asking me to come in for a face-to-face interview, met the manager in his office, chatted about my previous experience, and then started talking about books and politics. Sadly, that manager didn't stay long and the experience went down-hill from there.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you handled a difficult customer service situation.   Answer Question

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pinellas Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Pinellas Park, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager doing most of the talking. Didn't really ask me a lot of questions or my skills. Mostly went by my resume and skill check. Was hired on the spot however, and manager seemed friendly during the interview. What I did find strange though, when I asked for the manager by name the employee on duty said she's probably lyrics outside smoking a cigarette on the phone as always. She never helps me. What a great first impression I was thinking.

Interview Questions

• If I had management experience?   1 Answer

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Elyria, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Becky is amazing, She got me in earlier for my drug test on the 11th of this month, i was hired in that very day. I started on Monday on the 12th. All my co workers are wow, just amazing, and fun people to work with. The original i forgot when? I think it was week before the 11th. I had my background ran after the holidays, a day after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• How would i if hired handle a customer that is out of control?   1 Answer

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for two months straight then on 7/3/15 had a interview, we hit it off we didn't talk about the position we talked about family life and the problems going on with here store and how everyone one is over worked they was down 2 employees,, so I knew then I had the job we talked about an hour and the first girl came out the interview real quick .. however I knew I had the job I've been unemployed for almost a year in September since 2014

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick andcthe manager gave me a lot of information about the position. The store did have items all over I completely understood that because they were still doing a store reset.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an irate customer.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Springfield, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the Store Manger, and one with the District Manager. The Store Manager asked routine questions about my qualifications, and ran through some expectations. The interview was about 15 minutes long. The District Manager then interviewed me, but she really didn't ask about me at all. She spent the 30 minutes we shared telling me what type of leader she was, how long she had been with the company and her future goals. I felt in both instances that I was more qualified as a leader than both of the interviewers. I felt that both leaders were unprofessional in dialog and presented themselves poorly.

Interview Questions

• Was I able to lift up to 40 lbs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't much of an interview at all. I came in and the manager basically talked about herself and the company the whole time. Prior to the interview I looked at reviews on Glassdoor and already knew some of the things she talked about. I wasn't asked anything about abilities or prior experience. She looked at my application for two seconds and handed me a paper about drug testing.