Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.0

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Birmingham, AL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online for two months straight then on 7/3/15 had a interview, we hit it off we didn't talk about the position we talked about family life and the problems going on with here store and how everyone one is over worked they was down 2 employees,, so I knew then I had the job we talked about an hour and the first girl came out the interview real quick .. however I knew I had the job I've been unemployed for almost a year in September since 2014

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview wasn't much of an interview at all. I came in and the manager basically talked about herself and the company the whole time. Prior to the interview I looked at reviews on Glassdoor and already knew some of the things she talked about. I wasn't asked anything about abilities or prior experience. She looked at my application for two seconds and handed me a paper about drug testing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was very quick andcthe manager gave me a lot of information about the position. The store did have items all over I completely understood that because they were still doing a store reset.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Test,Questions,talking to me, show me how things operate,walk through store,meeting bosses,paperwork,things on computer,drug test,background check,more paper work,met some of the workers , how they unload trucks, how to operate computer. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you run cash register,public,training etc   2 Answers

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't have one. Hired on through a friend. Was contractor for 7 months and then got brought on full time salary with benefits. I've heard that others have to do a 1 on 1, group interview, and other things.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Tulsa, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager was very friendly. I thought it would be a great place to work from her attitude. To bad it wasn't. She asked a few questions and started telling me what she could offer.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2015.

Interview

Called the store a few days after applying. The store manager then looked up my application and scheduled an interview. Easy interview. Offered a job contingent on drug test and background check right after the interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Lewiston, ME) in May 2015.

Interview

First time I applied I and withdrew from the goal day interview. 2nd time I applied and received a phone interview which lasted up to 20.minutes from another store manager in the district.
    It's was pleasant and thorough though it was hard to make myself look good with the questions asked.
    One question I would of ask is tell me a difficult customer experience and how did you deal with the situation.
    It's been 3 weeks now, and no word, I saw it has been posted. So still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any other retail or pharmacy experience managing employees.   1 Answer
    • Tell me what shrink is?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in April 2015.

Interview

I walked in as a customer and practically walked out with the job before applying just by speaking with the manager. She saw that I was truly interested and also possess the qualities that she is looking for in a new associate to make the environment better and comfortable for the customers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in McIntosh, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores (McIntosh, AL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interview by the manager briefly about the duties and the run of the store. The whole time she was watching the store and she had a cashier in training. I gave the manager a detailed description of my experience and I told her I would be available for work immediately. I also made her aware that I live in McIntosh only 10 miles away.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had any retail experience.   1 Answer