Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

The first interview was extremely long due to the fact her employee was late. A lot of questions. She was nice though and could not tell me what my base pay was. About 2 days later I interviewed with a dm and got sent to do a drug test. Called a few days later with no definite answer to if I was hired. I then got a call from a different store to come for a interview. She hired me.

Interview Questions
    Experience plays a role in your pay. If you are currently employed just a FYI tell them you make a little more than what you actually make. Don't get extreme with your pay. But they will offer you more if you will be leaving another job to join their team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jonesboro, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in September 2014.

I Applied Online.
    Contacted by a Store Manager via phone call for an interview.
    Arrived at the store + met with the store manager. She had a folder w| my application and interview questions.
    Aced interview, received offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why Family Dollar?
      Availability?
      What did you like least/most about your last job?
      A time where you provided excellent Customer Service?
        Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

They were having in-store interviews and I met with the manger and the training manger. They were both very friendly and made the interview a comfortable experience. I was contacted the next day and set up another interview with the DM a week later. She asked more in-depth, career oriented questions. Again a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midlothian, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online. I was called by the district manager two days later to schedule an interview for the next day. The interview was very thorough as far as the job description. The questions were not tricky, they were expected. Interview went well and lasted about 45 minutes. I was then contacted by the human resources manager for a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. She again went over the job description very thoroughly, her questions were also not tricky. I was again contacted by the district manager and he again went over the details of the job and what is expected and entailed, he then offered me what I felt was a fair salary for a 52-hour work week.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. I have been in retail for a long time and I did not get any questions that I felt were unreasonable or tricky.   View Answer
    I may have been able to negotiate but did not because I felt the offer was fair.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

I applied online and a few days later I got called for an interview. The women who called me for the interview didn't even show up. I interviewed with another person that was there and it went great, loved talking to her. She told me she would try to get a hold of the original people that where supposed to interview me and get back to me. I never heard anything from anyone of them again.

Store Manager Interview

Very Complicated needed to finish online first, which never seemed to work properly. Anywhere from error messages to kept getting disconnected from server no matter what system I used. Their in store systems to hire staff are so out date and slow (seemed slower than dial up) that it makes almost impossible for anyone to finish the application process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process seemed very unprofessional and lacking substance.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Was very easy and laid back, asked basic questions about shrink and managing others. Nothing someone with a little experience couldn't handle. Be sure when answering questions about shrink, to stand firm on giving no one a break. To them there is never an acceptable reason to steal.

Interview Questions
    Started at ten for the time being, Until fully trained then will be given salary and promoted to store manager

Set Up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shenandoah, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenandoah, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2014.

one interview hired for new store setup did not realize we would have to unload a 50 ft trailer full of shelving, racks, and very heavy items, warm water at break, very hard for any women, believe it should be a man's job or a professional setup crew, I expected to just stock the shelves not all of this

$8 an hour

Temporary Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamaica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamaica, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in July 2014.

I filled out the application on the family dollar website, for a new store that was opening up not too far from my home. I received a call back about a week and a half later from a manager of another store who was conducting interviews, since the store I applied to had not opened up yet. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day, and the process was very simple. The manager who conducted my interview was very nice and did not ask me many questions. She was more interested in explaining to me the details of the position and in my availability. The whole process lasted about 5 minutes, and afterwords she told me that I would be receiving a call from another manager to bring in my State ID and my social security card. I was also asked to take a drug test within the next 24 hours. Unfortunately, even tho I successfully completed and passed my drug test, I never received that secondary call to bring in my information. Even after several attempts to get in contact with the manager that interviewed me, I was unable to reach her and thus missed the starting date for the position.

Interview Questions

Worked for Family Dollar Stores? Contribute to the Community!