Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The worst HR team I have ever come across. They have scheduled my phone interview two times and missed every time. I emailed them first time when they missed my interview, so they schedules a week later. They didnt even bother to email me back to give a heads up. Please respect others "time" as well.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Bentonville, AR) in November 2012.

Interview

I saw an ad online (later posted on the store window). I was hoping to get into FD and quickly work my way into a growing company and becoming a DM. But after months of trying to get any feedback at all, I gave up. The store positions are still open. Employees are very discouraged.

Interview Questions

• Never encountered that since I could never get an interview.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

One interview with District Manager, hired me same day.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Online. one interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you come in on shore notice.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

Directly met the District manager at the career fair , had a background check done and finalized the package

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

assistants and above will interview with the district manager and train at the store, however there is not enough training for the time expected. the turn over rate is too high and you are expected to jump into the position very quickly

Negotiation

I was hired as an assistant and promoted within a year. when the position came available we discussed the pay and it is far

Family Dollar Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I dropped a resume off and did not receive a response. I did a follow-up in 3 months and found out there was a online application process through a different Manager working there.Applied for a Assistant Manager Position. Behavioral and comprehension questions..standard. Manager seemed new at the interviewing process. Questions were scripted..my answers prompt. When the interview started to lag I started asking questions what the Manager needed from me. 1st interview was 30 minutes. Second interview was one and a half hours with District Manager

Interview Questions

• I did not have retail experience but had over 9 years experience in Management in another aspect of the People Business. When asked why I thought I would be a better candidate that others with more experience. I explained that the Company that original trained me as a Manager had the philosophy that Managers had be able to lead any team. So for myself I looked at it as the same job just a different product to sell.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and somewhat tedious. Over the course of 2 months, I interviewed with 11 different people in 3 different states. Had I not been unemployed at the time, this would have been difficult to achieve.

Negotiation

Temporary Customer Service Interview

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I got questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "Tell me about a time you had bad customer service" and "Why would you be an asset to the company" and I was asked about my availability. Easy stuff.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midlothian, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Midlothian, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Waste of time. I applied for the job because the description just stated customer service experience, which I have over 10 years of. I got called in for an interview a few days later and was told that she couldn't continue the process because I didn't have management experience. Can you please tell me why you called me then?