Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.0

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Directly met the District manager at the career fair , had a background check done and finalized the package

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

assistants and above will interview with the district manager and train at the store, however there is not enough training for the time expected. the turn over rate is too high and you are expected to jump into the position very quickly

I was hired as an assistant and promoted within a year. when the position came available we discussed the pay and it is far

Family Dollar Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I dropped a resume off and did not receive a response. I did a follow-up in 3 months and found out there was a online application process through a different Manager working there.Applied for a Assistant Manager Position. Behavioral and comprehension questions..standard. Manager seemed new at the interviewing process. Questions were scripted..my answers prompt. When the interview started to lag I started asking questions what the Manager needed from me. 1st interview was 30 minutes. Second interview was one and a half hours with District Manager

Interview Questions
    • I did not have retail experience but had over 9 years experience in Management in another aspect of the People Business. When asked why I thought I would be a better candidate that others with more experience. I explained that the Company that original trained me as a Manager had the philosophy that Managers had be able to lead any team. So for myself I looked at it as the same job just a different product to sell.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The worst HR team I have ever come across. They have scheduled my phone interview two times and missed every time. I emailed them first time when they missed my interview, so they schedules a week later. They didnt even bother to email me back to give a heads up.

Please respect others "time" as well.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The interview process was lengthy and somewhat tedious. Over the course of 2 months, I interviewed with 11 different people in 3 different states. Had I not been unemployed at the time, this would have been difficult to achieve.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Online. one interview.

Store Manager Interview

One interview with District Manager, hired me same day.

Temporary Customer Service Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I got questions like "Tell me about yourself" and "Tell me about a time you had bad customer service" and "Why would you be an asset to the company" and I was asked about my availability. Easy stuff.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2012.

I saw an ad online (later posted on the store window). I was hoping to get into FD and quickly work my way into a growing company and becoming a DM. But after months of trying to get any feedback at all, I gave up. The store positions are still open. Employees are very discouraged.

Interview Questions
    • Never encountered that since I could never get an interview.   Answer Question

Transportation Coordinator Interview

The phone interview was conducted with the department manager and the and an HR representative and went well. I gave them a lot of information about my current position and how that would benefit their department with the knowledge I had from my previous position. I think the interview went well.

there wasn't one