Family Dollar Stores

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2014.

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question

Helped Set Up the Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

There was no interview process. A group of 18 people were randomly selected in order to set up the entire store for 10 consecutive days. Only six people were chosen from the 18 that started to work in the store once it opened. So in total, references and curriculum vitae had no influence on wether you were hired or not, what did matter was who could lift 50 pounds or more.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2014.

Two interviews, I was asked to take a drug screen BEFORE SECOND INTERVIEW. Background check and social security ID screening. Age questions involved ( at this point that is NOT legal)

Interview Questions
    • First interview went very well. I was asked to take a drug test, and ok'd for background check. Next interview, Distrrict manager " read from a script" canned questions...including asking me what my hobbies were, and "what kind of animal, I would be"?   View Answer

Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

Long process..dragged on for 10 weeks..HAd to meet with RVP, LP HR and a phone interview with the GVP. Combination of face to face and phone screens/ received offer from recruiter. They act as if they are hiring you for CEO position. Overall process was grueling because of the amount of time it took before offer was extended.

Interview Questions
    • Usual management type questions..Discuss your management style...describe a time when...Shrink   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation..they present an offer,,you either accept or decline

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

It was very long but went very good. A lot of questions but good ones. It was very professional. Was around great people with great attitudes. Would love to work with or around great people from Family Dollar. I recommend for anybody looking for a retail job to try out Family Dollar.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

It was simple .Filled out the application and went in the next day for an interview. I got called back on 2 weeks and got the job.The manerger really didn't ask too many questions it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your last position.What skills di you use there that you may be able to apply here?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2015.

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    If you have experience they will negotiate.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

Great interview. District manager and other store members where very pleasant. The process was easy and felt comfortable with the process and program. Very delightful interview was conduct in two settings.

Interview Questions
    Still going thru this phase

Store Clerk Interview

2 panel interview and they were asking situational questions and you had to give scenarios as to what u would do. After the interview they deliberated and would give you an offer on the spot. You also had to take an assessment test.

Better job offer

Associate (Cashier) Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I applied to Family Dollar through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received a call asking me to go the store for an interview. It wasn't much of an interview, but instead I was told what the company was about, and how difficult the job was going to be. Also, most of the time was spent on discussing the drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do at your previous job? (The only question I was asked.)   Answer Question

I was told I would only work from 8-20 hours a week.