Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

2.0

Set Up Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brundidge, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brundidge, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

Several people showed up at the same time. Took turns on the computer..Everybody was told the same thing...to be on the job site, the following Tuesday ane then preceded to enter our information...name, address, phone number, etc. into their computer system..Employees had a choice of being paid direct deposit, those employees thenentered their checking/savings acct number..the employees that didn't have checking/savings accts were given Visa cards to have thier wages loaded onto automatically, then entered the number on the card into the computer system.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any questions ask..everybody was hired temporarily to set up the new store for opening.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in August 2014.

Interview was very short and brief. Hiring manager joked with me and said " you've already got the job" when I showed up dressed in a red blouse ( the company's uniform color). He assessed my management skills and after about 15 minutes of questioning he began to show me some of the ins and outs of the store and placed me for training.

Interview Questions
    • How would you discipline an insubordinate employee?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Applied online, got called in for an interview that got rescheduled due to weather conditions. Interview only lasted 5 mins, there wasn't too many questions as the manager was busy. Got a call a couple hours later that they wanted to hire me. Have been waiting 2 weeks on my background check to come in.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2015.

Very easy interview. Minimum questions. Had to take drug test that day and had to complete a background check. She was very nice and i knew i had the hob before leaving. I like the store. Interveiw was less than 15 minutes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I was called in for an interview, then told to come back the next day because they made a mistake and one of the people that needed to be at the interview was not there. Spoke with the manager and she did not know if I was there for a customer service representative or a assistant manager. The advertisement stated full-time and I was told it would only be 20 to 25 hours a week.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available 365 days a year because they are open on all holidays.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in March 2012.

Easy very quick got the job on the spot no drug test just background check she didn't ask much questions just inform me on how everything work & that everybody in the store was like family

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interviewed with the district manager and the district loss prevention manager, at one of their stores, they asked me plenty of questions about previous jobs, and my personal life. If i was ever fired from a previous job, why I wanted to work for family dollar, what I knew about family dollar history. etc

Interview Questions
    It was thru email, I told them that Im worth hc more than ten dollars an hour and I can prove it them if they gave me a chance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inkster, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2014.

I interviewed while the manager stocked items. It was an easy interview and she didn't ask many questions. I had a second interview with another manager a few days later. That interview was easy too.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you? How would you handle a rude customer. Can you count.   Answer Question

Helped Set Up the Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

There was no interview process. A group of 18 people were randomly selected in order to set up the entire store for 10 consecutive days. Only six people were chosen from the 18 that started to work in the store once it opened. So in total, references and curriculum vitae had no influence on wether you were hired or not, what did matter was who could lift 50 pounds or more.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2014.

Two interviews, I was asked to take a drug screen BEFORE SECOND INTERVIEW. Background check and social security ID screening. Age questions involved ( at this point that is NOT legal)

Interview Questions
    • First interview went very well. I was asked to take a drug test, and ok'd for background check. Next interview, Distrrict manager " read from a script" canned questions...including asking me what my hobbies were, and "what kind of animal, I would be"?   View Answer