Family Dollar Stores

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the district manager on the phone within one week of applying to the company and had a live interview within a week later. The interview went well. I was happy with the results. I saw that the company had good benefits and the pay was what I asked for, so we set up a start date.

Negotiation Details – I asked for the salary I made at my previous job and was granted that salary. I left happy and the Intervewier was happy.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Chesapeake, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – Applied online, was called within a week or two about a job opening... store manager asked me to come in to interview, I agreed. Once getting to the store, store manager took me to the office to interview me, it all lasted less than 30 minutes or so.

Interview Question – I was repeatedly asked if I steal, or would steal for friends... repeatedly. It was so alarming and bothersome, I almost told her to offer the job to someone else. Apparently they have a huge shrink (theft) problem in their stores, but anybody asked if they steal are going to tell you "no" so I don't see how that's a question to spend 15 minutes discussing with someone brand new.   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was rushed because of the urgent need for the position to be filled. Training was done by assistant manager who was not trained neither. Minimum hours to work is 52+ hours, but expected to put in 60+ with on day off a week and fill in for sick employees.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

Interview Question – do I think I will be a good employee   View Answer

Reason for Declining – there was no interest

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Replenishment Buyer

I applied online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – drug test, personality test, phone interview, person interview

Interview Question – greatest strength?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other job

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk

Interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview Details – Can you lift 30+ lbs? On my first day working there I realized why I was asked such a question. I was told to climb the truck with all of the merchandise unload and stock it while the other 3 worker did nothing. I quit after I got an offer for another job.

Interview Question – I was only asked one question.   Answer Question

Strategy Intern Interview

Interviewed at Family Dollar Stores

Interview Details – Submitted resume/application via company website. Followed up with phone interview approximately 3-4 weeks later, then invited on site for three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Mini-case based questions: I've heard they vary them by interview, but the standard mini-cases like "how many golf-balls would fit on a 747?" The answer isn't important, just sharing your assumptions and showing your analytical thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Matthews, NC

I applied online and interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview Details – I applied and received an email a few days later to have a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Invited back for face-to-face and that was with five people. It lasted around two hours. Offer was made a week later. Human Resource communicated all the steps and processes. One of the most organized interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – Why did you choose Family Dollar?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Elm Grove, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was an Inventory Manager for the company that did inventories for family dollar. At one of the inventories, the DM approached me about the job. I went in to an interview with her and then filled out the online application.

Interview Question – Tough to answer this cause I was approached and stolen from WIS so my interview was very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay started at 975.00 for 52 hours. I thought that was good money so no negotiation. They tell you 52 hours but I promise you will never see it!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Family Dollar Stores