Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Port Richey, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I sold myself to the District Manager after working for the company just under a year. I explained in detail all of my prior experience in running a company. Then, pointed out the success I had over the prior year working as a ASM.

Interview Questions

• How I was gonna get the deposit to the bank without a dl.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. Did the application online and received a call the next day. He wanted me to explain my previous work. I passed the phone screen so he ask me to come in for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have experience they will negotiate.

Associate (Cashier) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

I applied to Family Dollar through their website. A couple of weeks later, I received a call asking me to go the store for an interview. It wasn't much of an interview, but instead I was told what the company was about, and how difficult the job was going to be. Also, most of the time was spent on discussing the drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job? (The only question I was asked.)   Answer Question

I was told I would only work from 8-20 hours a week.

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

2 panel interview and they were asking situational questions and you had to give scenarios as to what u would do. After the interview they deliberated and would give you an offer on the spot. You also had to take an assessment test.

Better job offer

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Interview

After initial phone interview, I had an in person interview the next week. Met with about 4 groups of 2-3 people that are managers and above. It went very well and got my offer the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

Interview

Easy process. Was asked about my experience at my current employer. Went into detail about my experience with loss prevention. Company has a big issue with theft and is looking for someone to help reduce shrink.

Interview Questions

• How did you work to reduce shrink in previous job.   1 Answer

Not what I was looking for.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in January 2015.

Interview

Great interview. District manager and other store members where very pleasant. The process was easy and felt comfortable with the process and program. Very delightful interview was conduct in two settings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still going thru this phase

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Aiken, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy great questions. I was asked have I ever supervised anyone, have I ever checked invendors in before, how do I handle a customer complaint, am I willing to work on days, holidays, weekends, describe myself, have I ever deposited money before, and how would i report a team member stealing. Simple and laid back questions.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember but they were simple.   1 Answer

Set Up Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brundidge, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Brundidge, AL) in January 2015.

Interview

Several people showed up at the same time. Took turns on the computer..Everybody was told the same thing...to be on the job site, the following Tuesday ane then preceded to enter our information...name, address, phone number, etc. into their computer system..Employees had a choice of being paid direct deposit, those employees thenentered their checking/savings acct number..the employees that didn't have checking/savings accts were given Visa cards to have thier wages loaded onto automatically, then entered the number on the card into the computer system.

Interview Questions

• Not really any questions ask..everybody was hired temporarily to set up the new store for opening.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Family Dollar Stores (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

It was simple .Filled out the application and went in the next day for an interview. I got called back on 2 weeks and got the job.The manerger really didn't ask too many questions it was very quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain your last position.What skills di you use there that you may be able to apply here?   Answer Question