Family Dollar Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2013.

Apply online. When you get called for interview it literally takes three minutes. Anyone can work for this company.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. You are asked about your experience and availability.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Applied online, was called within a week or two about a job opening... store manager asked me to come in to interview, I agreed. Once getting to the store, store manager took me to the office to interview me, it all lasted less than 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
    • I was repeatedly asked if I steal, or would steal for friends... repeatedly. It was so alarming and bothersome, I almost told her to offer the job to someone else. Apparently they have a huge shrink (theft) problem in their stores, but anybody asked if they steal are going to tell you "no" so I don't see how that's a question to spend 15 minutes discussing with someone brand new.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Hiring and interview process was rushed because of the urgent need for the position to be filled. Training was done by assistant manager who was not trained neither. Minimum hours to work is 52+ hours, but expected to put in 60+ with on day off a week and fill in for sick employees.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

there was no interest

Replenishment Buyer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in November 2013.

drug test, personality test, phone interview, person interview

other job

Store Clerk Interview

Can you lift 30+ lbs? On my first day working there I realized why I was asked such a question. I was told to climb the truck with all of the merchandise unload and stock it while the other 3 worker did nothing. I quit after I got an offer for another job.

Strategy Intern Interview

Submitted resume/application via company website. Followed up with phone interview approximately 3-4 weeks later, then invited on site for three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mini-case based questions: I've heard they vary them by interview, but the standard mini-cases like "how many golf-balls would fit on a 747?" The answer isn't important, just sharing your assumptions and showing your analytical thinking.   Answer Question
    None

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I applied and received an email a few days later to have a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Invited back for face-to-face and that was with five people. It lasted around two hours. Offer was made a week later. Human Resource communicated all the steps and processes. One of the most organized interviews I've ever had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in October 2011.

Interview process is similar to most companies, one on one with the district manager for store manager. Most of the time you will get an offer after interview if they are interested. Or you may be asked to come back for a 2nd interview.

Best to have a set number that you want, I negotiated with each position I have held with this company and received a better offer each time. You just need to sell yourself and convince them you are worth their investment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elm Grove, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elm Grove, WV

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2013.

I was an Inventory Manager for the company that did inventories for family dollar. At one of the inventories, the DM approached me about the job. I went in to an interview with her and then filled out the online application.

Interview Questions
    • Tough to answer this cause I was approached and stolen from WIS so my interview was very easy   Answer Question
    pay started at 975.00 for 52 hours. I thought that was good money so no negotiation. They tell you 52 hours but I promise you will never see it!