Family Dollar Stores

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.0

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Hiring and interview process was rushed because of the urgent need for the position to be filled. Training was done by assistant manager who was not trained neither. Minimum hours to work is 52+ hours, but expected to put in 60+ with on day off a week and fill in for sick employees.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Late arrival as a manger....no organization...rude employees, slowfulness...questions he asked pertained more to personal inquiries than work.

there was no interest

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores in February 2014.

2 interviews. One with store manager and the second with the district manager. Both were very easy, sent for drug testing immediately after 2nd interview, same day. Was called 3 days later with job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you deal with customers?
      Do you have experience with teaching and coaching employees?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for salary.

Store Clerk Interview

Can you lift 30+ lbs? On my first day working there I realized why I was asked such a question. I was told to climb the truck with all of the merchandise unload and stock it while the other 3 worker did nothing. I quit after I got an offer for another job.

Strategy Intern Interview

Submitted resume/application via company website. Followed up with phone interview approximately 3-4 weeks later, then invited on site for three 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mini-case based questions: I've heard they vary them by interview, but the standard mini-cases like "how many golf-balls would fit on a 747?" The answer isn't important, just sharing your assumptions and showing your analytical thinking.   Answer Question
    None

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Matthews, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I applied and received an email a few days later to have a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Invited back for face-to-face and that was with five people. It lasted around two hours. Offer was made a week later. Human Resource communicated all the steps and processes. One of the most organized interviews I've ever had.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

I was not too impressed with the women who interviewed me. She admitted right off that interviews were not her strong point and seemed confused throughout the interview. She hadn't a clue what the stating hourly wage was and had to call her DM leaving me to sit in the office by myself for about 10 mins.

The interview itself was simple, no questions out if the ordinary, nothing to challenging to answer.

Interview Questions
    • None were really difficult, she did ask me what I wanted out of a supervisor. Thats the only question that caught me off guard a bit.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

The environment was unprofessional

Interview Questions

the job and the pay were not agreeable to my terms

Transportation Coordinator Interview

The phone interview was conducted with the department manager and the and an HR representative and went well. I gave them a lot of information about my current position and how that would benefit their department with the knowledge I had from my previous position. I think the interview went well.

there wasn't one

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Family Dollar Stores.

Horrible. .was interviewed and hired same day. Didn't receive a call til 3 months later

Promised one amount..given less once on board